Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its easy to tolerate a guy when its the regular season
(02-06-2022, 11:01 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Flowers has done a good job taking on teams TE's. But he only played 9 snaps against KC only 13% of the 69 defensive snaps. So he wasn't really that big of a part of taking out Kelce in the AFC championship game. But we may need him against the Rams as we won't be doubling whoever they're TE. 

If those 9 snaps were all on 3rd and short or in the same situations thatd make him one of the players of the game even with taking so little snaps. Its important to see the situations in which those 9 snaps came
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 11:35 PM)Housh Wrote: If those 9 snaps were all on 3rd and short or in the same situations thatd make him one of the players of the game even with taking so little snaps. Its important to see the situations in which those 9 snaps came

I don't think they did. I saw him in the 1st half but don't remember seeing him in the 2nd half. I could be wrong on that. He has been a good player for us so far I just don't think he was that big of a factor in that particular game.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 10:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Eli isn't a shutdown corner. People expect our players to never give anything up. I get like that myself but the point remains he has been a part of some of the biggest plays in this playoff run. He batted the ball up in Tenn. to allow Wilson to get the pick and also tackled Hill short of the endzone before half. I may be wrong on this but was he the corner there when Pratt got the pick? If he was his coverage was good and was probably gonna cause it to be incomplete. 

Apple has had some bad plays this season and I've hated on him some. But as a whole his good plays have out weighed his bad and thats all you can ask.

Here is the way I look at it.  Apple has good size (6'1") and great speed (4.39).  He was not just a first round pick, he was a top 10 pick.

He has played pretty well over the last 10 games, but he will still be cheap this off season.  I'd be happy to resign him at a bargain price.  But we also need to draft a CB in the top 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote
I was listening just now to Cris Collinsworth on WFAN 660 (NYC). As part of his analysis of the upcoming Super Bowl, he made the following statement, "Eli Apple's tackle at the end of the first half against Kansas City may prove to have been the biggest play in the history of the Bengals' franchise."

He was a favorite whipping boy in the first part of the season, but he's made quite a number of big plays in the latter part of the season and the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 03:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’s not easy for any corner to guard Kupp or OBJ

I’m not gonna dump on him when he gets burned by either of those 2. The best corners in the league have a hard time guarding them

Kupp will likely be covered by Hilton most of the game.
Awuzie and Apple will cover OBJ and Jefferson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For those insisting Eli Apple is a bad QB. He was paid like a bad QB, only makes 1.2 million this year on his past performance so obviously had some issues. On the future, is he is still a bad CB, then he would get low offers from the Bengals and other teams in FA making those insisting he is bad correct. But, if he gets paid a lot more (he will), then I hope those fess up and said GM's and coaches know a lot more and admit they were just wrong.

I have seen him improve as the season progresses and he has been very good in the playoffs too which one of the many reasons Bengals are in the Super Bowl.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was listening just now to Cris Collinsworth on WFAN 660 (NYC). As part of his analysis of the upcoming  Super Bowl, he made the following statement, "Eli Apple's tackle at the end of the first half against Kansas City may prove to have been the biggest play in the history of the Bengals' franchise."

He was a favorite whipping boy in the first part of the season, but he's made quite a number of big plays in the latter part of the season and the playoffs.

I gotta agree with Cris there....I thought it was game over until he made that critical stop. That's when I began to believe again. Huge play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was thrilled to be proven wrong.

To be fair to you Fred, Zac broke records with this turnaround. I think a lot of us were thrilled to be wrong. I had more confidence in them than you, but I didn't see a Super Bowl run coming this year...I predicted around .500.

(02-06-2022, 10:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Eli isn't a shutdown corner. People expect our players to never give anything up. I get like that myself but the point remains he has been a part of some of the biggest plays in this playoff run. He batted the ball up in Tenn. to allow Wilson to get the pick and also tackled Hill short of the endzone before half. I may be wrong on this but was he the corner there when Pratt got the pick? If he was his coverage was good and was probably gonna cause it to be incomplete. 

Apple has had some bad plays this season and I've hated on him some. But as a whole his good plays have out weighed his bad and thats all you can ask.

Pretty sure you're correct. Even if the pass isn't broken up, he was in position to make the tackle short of the goal line.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
OBJ is trash.. They will have Kupp and OBJ fighting like Reek and Hardman in the 2nd quarter. I have a feeling we are gonna get to Stafford more than they get to Burrow...
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: I was listening just now to Cris Collinsworth on WFAN 660 (NYC). As part of his analysis of the upcoming  Super Bowl, he made the following statement, "Eli Apple's tackle at the end of the first half against Kansas City may prove to have been the biggest play in the history of the Bengals' franchise."

Agree

Apple had a fairly rough start to the season. But the back half of the season and playoffs he's made some plays. Yes he's dropped a couple interceptions. But as the old saying goes that's why they are playing on D.

I feel a lot of fans hold CB's to too high a standard. They want/expect perfection from them and it's just not realistic.

Am I convinced Apple has turned his up and down career totally around ? ummmm ? But I'd be willing to resign him at a good price.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2022, 04:57 PM)basballguy Wrote:   You don't play a CB that can cover "some" WRs but not all.  

Soooo.. every team only plays CBs that can cover all WRS 1v1? where to they find all these studs?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Soooo.. every team only plays CBs that can cover all WRS 1v1? where to they find all these studs?

You haven't watched one of those games where no WR/TE/RB catches a pass the entire game despite 50 targets ?

40 passes defended 10 interceptions

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 01:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You haven't watched one of those games where no WR/TE/RB catches a pass the entire game despite 50 targets ?

40 passes defended 10 interceptions

Ninja

ohhh those guys.... sorry my bad
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 12:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Soooo.. every team only plays CBs that can cover all WRS 1v1? where to they find all these studs?

you're missing the point and cherry picking this statement for the argument.  

I was arguing against the "it's ok if they can't cover everyone argument".  That's utter bullshit.  

If that's the case then it's ok if Carman lets people through and gives up sacks...he can't block everyone.  We clearly don't need to upgrade our line.  (Note: I like Carman).
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 11:02 AM)Whacked Wrote: Yup !! and that’s why I hate the loud mouths. It’s so stupid.

Just do your job a la Awuzie 95% of the time.

Love that dude and his quiet class

All true, Awuzie is the way I like my Corners to be. Just does his job and lets that do the talking.
Reply/Quote