Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its evident ZT doesn't care what Rd you were drafted
(08-26-2019, 10:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Thus the honeymoon phase. Every move he makes is right!

Same at WR -

Ross named starter - Wow! I knew ZT's scheme would find a way to get Ross the ball.
Willis named starter - Wow! ZT values performance over draft status.
Auden Tate/Malone named starter - Wow! Tate didn't even get a chance under Marvin. Production over draft status!

Pretty much Core is the only one people wouldn't get behind.

As I said, people are getting excited...but he's choosing between bad and below average players. I doubt the results are good this year.

Willis is a good story and all, but a playoff team isn't starting an UDFA Game 1.

1. Where did you get the info that Ross is a starter other than the depth chart ? 
2. Again how do you know Tate or Malone are starters ?
3. Injuries are playing a big part in the first part of the season/game 1 wouldn't you agree ?
4. We haven't been in the playoffs for some time so what a playoff team would or wouldn't do is irrelevant.
5. You find talent where you find talent. I guarantee you I can find plenty of examples of "playoff teams" using UDFA/late round players to great effect early in their careers. 
6. How do you know all these players that are rookies, 1st, 2nd year players are bad and below average ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 11:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 1. Where did you get the info that Ross is a starter other than the depth chart ? 
3. Injuries are playing a big part in the first part of the season/game 1 wouldn't you agree ?
4. We haven't been in the playoffs for some time so what a playoff team would or wouldn't do is irrelevant.
5. You find talent where you find talent. I guarantee you I can find plenty of examples of "playoff teams" using UDFA/late round players to great effect early in their careers. 
6. How do you know all these players that are rookies, 1st, 2nd year players are bad and below average ?

Because it's his job, he's a fortune teller...
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 11:22 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Here is how I see this whole thing. There is something wrong will Billy's foot still. They start Hopkins and let Price's foot get better. Hopkins stays our center until they need him to step into playing a guard position. I think they like Jordan at LG, but he has yet to face the live bullets of a NFL game. If Jordan struggles, then Hopkins slide to LG and Price goes in at center. Heck it could be Miller struggling also. Just my guess.

There will definitely be struggles. Hopefully its fixable. The great thing about this is if Price or Hopkins goes down, the next guy is just about equally as good to lead the team on.  The past so black & white that once the injury bug hit, the replacements were nothing but fillers and team effectiveness went down with it.  Hopefully that's a thing of the past.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 11:33 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: There will definitely be struggles. Hopefully its fixable. The great thing about this is if Price or Hopkins goes down, the next guy is just about equally as good to lead the team on.  The past so black & white that once the injury bug hit, the replacements were nothing but fillers and team effectiveness went down with it.  Hopefully that's a thing of the past.

All very true!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 11:09 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: They probably WILL drop Ellis, Zac has to drop the ball at least once or twice on his first year.  Help

Well, he hasn't won a game yet as HC anywhere, so the path can only go up.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 07:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly Hopkins is so mediocre that you could possibly beat him out if you worked hard enough!

Hopkins lead all centers in pass protection this preseason. Maybe the guy is better in the new system or he is having a contract year boost.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 11:27 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 1. Where did you get the info that Ross is a starter other than the depth chart ? 
How dare you question the leader of the Negatrons?
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, he hasn't won a game yet as HC anywhere, so the path can only go up.

Yep. I have a lot of excitement where this team is going. But I'm honest enough with myself to not put too much expectations on this season. Some of the things he's doing is a over-time fix and not immediate. But hoping for the best. Because of that hope I still don't have a problem saying 10-6 this year. Just because I've been a fan of a stale team for so long and the excitement this year make me confident. They will be learning every game.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Hopkins lead all centers in pass protection this preseason. Maybe the guy is better in the new system or he is having a contract year boost.

He's a Preseason Pro Bowl player then!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:06 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: How dare you question the leader of the Negatrons?

You guys/girls sure do think about me a lot. I'm flattered!  :andy:
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's a Preseason Pro Bowl player then!!!
Lol forgot PFF matters when only you bring it up.
(08-27-2019, 08:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys/girls sure do think about me a lot. I'm flattered!  :andy:

Awesome ?
J24

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:05 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Hopkins lead all centers in pass protection this preseason. Maybe the guy is better in the new system or he is having a contract year boost.

Hopkins will be entering his 3rd year playing so it's not really a jump to say he could he taking that next step in his development.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:33 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Lol forgot PFF matters when only you bring it up.

Awesome ?

There's a huge difference between preseason and regular season. Huge.

Of course, some people treat preseason like it's the Super Bowl!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Hopkins will be entering his 3rd year playing so it's not really a jump to say he could he taking that next step in his development.

Hopefully Hart beats him for the starting job at some point. Price has a much higher ceiling. I'd say Hopkins ceiling is limited.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He's a Preseason Pro Bowl player then!!!

Pssshhhhhh. More like preseason All-Pro.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Hopefully Hart beats him for the starting job at some point. Price has a much higher ceiling. I'd say Hopkins ceiling is limited.

Based on what?

Lap seems to think he's better suited as an OC. Whose Bengals players judgement do you trust more, yours or Lap's?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 07:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, he hasn't won a game yet as HC anywhere, so the path can only go up.

Ida know...wouldn't 0-1 be worse than 0-0?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 08:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep. I have a lot of excitement where this team is going. But I'm honest enough with myself to not put too much expectations on this season. Some of the things he's doing is a over-time fix and not immediate. But hoping for the best. Because of that hope I still don't have a problem saying 10-6 this year. Just because I've been a fan of a stale team for so long and the excitement this year make me confident. They will be learning every game.

Me to !

I have no delusions this team is just gonna run away with it all this season. But I do believe the dial is pointing up.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Based on what?

Lap seems to think he's better suited as an OC. Whose Bengals players judgement do you trust more, yours or Lap's?

Did you see Hopkins at Guard 2 years ago? He was terrible.

Last season, he was just a below average Center.

So - Yes Hopkins is better suited to Center than Guard. But, that doesn't mean he's a Good or even Average Center compared to other NFL starters.

And Price was a Bad Center last year. His PFF rating was basically the same as Ross. I'd be more excited if we had competition between 2 Good players.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 09:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...wouldn't 0-1 be worse than 0-0?

Well I guess trying and failing is better than never giving it a go. But no one can call him a winner or better than the last guy until he shows it.

Reply/Quote