Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its not that bad
Defense showed improvement even though we gave up a ridiculous amount of rushing yards. The Saints just put up 48 on Eagles. We beat browns twice Raiders and broncos at home good chance we get a shot at ending the pats dynasty. Who am I kidding pats will probably slaughter us.
Reply/Quote
I think we will be playing the steelers if we make it
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 09:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Defense showed improvement even though we gave up a ridiculous amount of rushing yards. The Saints just put up 48 on Eagles. We beat browns twice Raiders and broncos at home good chance we get a shot at ending the pats dynasty. Who am I kidding pats will probably slaughter us.

____________ will probably slaughter us.  Fill in the blank at your leisure.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This team has no chance this season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t see any team slaughtering us here in. They will all be decent games. Just hope we catch some lucky breaks and AJ can return and stay healthy. Really think if he were on the field today we would have won.

No longer sure 9-7 gets us in and I just don’t see us going 5-1 to finish when we have gone 1-3 the past 4 games.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:56 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I don’t see any team slaughtering us here in. They will all be decent games. Just hope we catch some lucky breaks and AJ can return and stay healthy. Really think if he were on the field today we would have won.

No longer sure 9-7 gets us in and I just don’t see us going 5-1 to finish when we have gone 1-3 the past 4 games.

I could see Rivers throwing for about 500 Yds and 4-5 TD’s on us.

Reply/Quote
We are still in it. Fat girl not singing yet.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are still in it. Fat girl not singing yet.

No, but she’s warming up. We probably have to win at least 4 out of 6 to get in. Considering they’ve lost 3 out of our last 4 I just don’t see it. I’m not even sure we sweep the Browns tbh.

Reply/Quote
It is not all the bad but not all that good; mediocrity in all its glory
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We are still in it. Fat girl not singing yet.

The fat girl doesn't get to sing anyway.  It's always the fat lady.  She'll choke on a slice of bread. I say toss the rest of the season and get the best draft picks we can instead of trying to maybe going for yet another 1&D.. A playoff spot gets us exactly nothing this year even IF Pitts plane crashes and kills everyone on board. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 09:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Defense showed improvement even though we gave up a ridiculous amount of rushing yards. The Saints just put up 48 on Eagles. We beat browns twice Raiders and broncos at home good chance we get a shot at ending the pats dynasty. Who am I kidding pats will probably slaughter us.

Probably?  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

That is funny! Thanks for the laugh!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I could see Rivers throwing for about 500 Yds and 4-5 TD’s on us.

Disagree. Like it or not Marvin did have this D more ready to play today in just one week’s time. 24 points was a lot better than we’ve been doing.
Reply/Quote
Not sure how much improvement there was if the Ravens had a QB that was a passer we might have given up a lot more. Hell Jackson was 13 of 19 for a 150 yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:32 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Disagree. Like it or not Marvin did have this D more ready to play today in just one week’s time. 24 points was a lot better than we’ve been doing.

Rivers and Jackson are polar opposites when it comes to the passing game. I saw nothing today that makes confident we can stop a borderline elite QB.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:32 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Disagree. Like it or not Marvin did have this D more ready to play today in just one week’s time. 24 points was a lot better than we’ve been doing.

You can’t use this game as a measure. Baltimore had no intention of letting the qb air it out. Lamar Jackson didn’t throw a pass on their first td drive and he finished with over 100 rushing. It’s apples and oranges.
Reply/Quote

We played a team with a rookie QB who can't throw the ball and gave up 265 yards KNOWING they would run it almost every time...and still couldn't stop it.

If that's 'more ready to play'...we're in huge trouble.
Reply/Quote
Even IF we somehow make the playoffs...we have next to a 0% chance of actually beating the Steelers or Patriots.
Reply/Quote
Its really not the talent this year with the Pats. Heck against Hoyer I still think were a underdog. Its Marvin against Belichek the ultimate winner against the ultimate loser. Its really not fair he could beat the Bengals in a playoff game with the Alabama roster
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:57 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Its really not the talent this year with the Pats. Heck against Hoyer I still think were a underdog. Its Marvin against Belichek the ultimate winner against the ultimate loser. Its really not fair he could beat the Bengals in a playoff game with the Alabama roster

Yes! Although, our offensive line and Linebackers are REALLY bad.

Teams can run on us at will or throw to LB's and RB's at will.

On offense, well...we're limited because our line is bad. We can't establish the running game and we have to do really quick throws.

With all of those weaknesses, a GREAT coach like Belicheck with a HOF QB like Brady would shred us.
Reply/Quote
Saints beat us last week by 37 last week and had 507 yards of offense and gave up only 284 yards of total offense.

Saints beat the defending champions today by 41 and had 546 yards of offense and gave up only 196 yards of total offense.
Reply/Quote