Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JB press conference
(06-17-2022, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah that happens a lot to dudes. Have to keep the wif happy lol

true that, but don't have much respect for it. plus, i don't like dudes that kiss their sons open mouthed. wtf?
(06-17-2022, 03:58 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: true that, but don't have much respect for it. plus, i don't like dudes that kiss their sons open mouthed. wtf?

Hilarious

Yeah, that weirded me out myself LMAO!!! Hilarious
i think jon kitna would be a good mentor for joe. he's a good conservative, christian man and knows a lot about the qb posiiton.

i overreacted on joes statement and apologize. it was wrong. i'm just wish people in sports wouldn't push politics. they dont mix well.
(06-17-2022, 04:01 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i think jon kitna would be a good mentor for joe. he's a good conservative, christian man and knows a lot about the qb posiiton.

i overreacted on joes statement and apologize. it was wrong. i'm just wish people in sports wouldn't push politics. they dont mix well.

Rock On
(06-17-2022, 04:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

Yeah, that weirded me out myself LMAO!!! Hilarious

let's keep him far away from burrow. don't need his head any more screwed up lol
(06-17-2022, 03:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh the irony...WTS, I agree..

aren't we all adults here? why can't we talk about more than one thing at a time? a bunch of grown ass men should be able to talk about a topic that has more than one thing to it. at least i would hope so. 

what are your thoughts buddy? think burrow should just stick to football and keep everything private or no?
(06-17-2022, 03:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote:  Do you really think there is no child labor and slavery still going on? 

Answer my question first.

You were the one who claimed laws were useless as a deterrent.  So explain why you believe that laws against slavery and child labor had no effect.

In fact I could list dozens of laws that have been hugely successful as deterrents.  Environmental laws have made the environment much cleaner.  Seatbelt laws have saved millions of lives.  Civil rights laws ended segregation in the south.  Stricter DUI laws have reduced traffic fatalities.

In fact the logic behind the argument that laws have no effect on criminal behavior could be used to argue for making theft and murder legal.  It is just absurd.
(06-17-2022, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Answer my question first.

You were the one who claimed laws were useless as a deterrent.  So explain why you believe that laws against slavery and child labor had no effect.

In fact I could list dozens of laws that have been hugely successful as deterrents.  Environmental laws have made the environment much cleaner.  Seatbelt laws have saved millions of lives.  Civil rights laws ended segregation in the south.  Stricter DUI laws have reduced traffic fatalities.

In fact the logic behind the argument that laws have no effect on criminal behavior could be used to argue for making theft and murder legal.  It is just absurd.

what does any of that have to do with the burrow comments topic?
(06-17-2022, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But I do know Joe Burrow really looks up to Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady who are anything but libs...

Hopefully one day he talks politics with one of if not all of these guys and wises up. Have to hope.

Politically Burrow is already more savvy than most of those guys.

Drew Brees screwed up so bad he had to make a media apology for his comments about protest being un-American.

Aaron Rodgers looked like a dumbass when he got caught lying about his vaccination status.  But he got what he deserved for getting his political ideas from Joe "the moon landing was fake" Rogan.

Those guys need to learn from Burrow instead of the other way around.
(06-17-2022, 04:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Politically Burrow is already more savvy than most of those guys.

maybe nate is right and he'll grow up one day and realize how wrong he was.
(06-17-2022, 04:15 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: what does any of that have to do with the burrow comments topic?

We are discussing his comments about gun control.  Sled claimed that gun regulations are useless and do not provide any deterrent to criminal behavior.

Sorry to interrupt your discussion about Burrow and kissing sons with open mouth.
(06-17-2022, 04:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We are discussing his comments about gun control.  Sled claimed that gun regulations are useless and do not provide any deterrent to criminal behavior.

Sorry to interrupt your discussion about Burrow and kissing sons with open mouth.

let me ask you. are you cool with burrow taking the lebron path? i think it's a huge mistake and will just turn off more and more fans if he keeps doing it.
(06-17-2022, 04:26 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: maybe nate is right and he'll grow up one day and realize how wrong he was.

No.  He is correct.  And time won't change that.

Conservatives opposed women's right to vote.
Conservatives opposed the Civil Right Act.
Conservatives opposed interracial marriage.
Conservatives claimed that if we didn't defeat the communists in Vietnam then they would eventually invade American soil.
Conservatives opposed equal protection under the law for homosexuals.
Conservatives claimed "trickle-down economics" would help the lower and middle classes.
Conservatives said that Covid would go away with warm weather.

Conservatives are pretty much proven wrong over time every time.  That is what happens when your brain is stuck in the past.
(06-17-2022, 04:10 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: aren't we all adults here? why can't we talk about more than one thing at a time? a bunch of grown ass men should be able to talk about a topic that has more than one thing to it. at least i would hope so. 

what are your thoughts buddy? think burrow should just stick to football and keep everything private or no?

Much like the construction of this Message Board; there is a time and place for everything. It is why I said Ben's question was inappropriate given the time and the place. The irony is: the person, with whom, I was having that back and forth on appropriate time/place in this thread.

I think JB should be able to express himself, however; he sees fit, if the venue and content s appropriate. I don't have to agree with what he saysto love him as a football player or even appreciate him as a person. 

WTS, if I were the Brown family I would ban any reporter that ask politically divisive questions of any of our players within the confines of our facilities. I'd further ensure the younger players are made fully aware of the possible consequences for the words that come out of their mouths. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-17-2022, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  He is correct.  And time won't change that.

Conservatives opposed women's right to vote.
Conservatives opposed the Civil Right Act.
Conservatives opposed interracial marriage.
Conservatives claimed that if we didn't defeat the communists in Vietnam then they would eventually invade American soil.
Conservatives opposed equal protection under the law for homosexuals.
Conservatives claimed "trickle-down economics" would help the lower and middle classes.
Conservatives said that Covid would go away with warm weather.

Conservatives are pretty much proven wrong over time every time.  That is what happens when your brain is stuck in the past.

you left out the part where liberals were against most of those things at one point too buddy. 

but back to burrow. if you go on facebook and twitter you already see a lot of fans that are upset with him.
(06-17-2022, 04:31 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: let me ask you. are you cool with burrow taking the lebron path? i think it's a huge mistake and will just turn off more and more fans if he keeps doing it.

LeBron says some stupid stuff.

Burrow doesn't.

And fans who let politics ruin their enjoyment of sports are just cutting off their own noses to spite their own faces.  Ted Nugent has lost it, but I still enjoy his music.  I think it is silly the way some Christian athletes give God credit for what happens in a ballgame, but I don't get offended like a little snowflake and refuse to watch them because of it.
(06-17-2022, 04:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Much like the construction of this Message Board; there is a time and place for everything. It is why I said Ben's question was inappropriate given the time and the place. The irony is: the person, with whom, I was having that back and forth on appropriate time/place in this thread.

I think JB should be able to express himself, however; he sees fit, if the venue and content s appropriate. I don't have to agree with what he saysto love him as a football player or even appreciate him as a person. 

WTS, if I were the Brown family I would ban any reporter that ask politically divisive questions of any of our players within the confines of our facilities. I'd further ensure the younger players are made fully aware of the possible consequences for the words that come out of there mouths. 

sorry buddy, im still trying to give the kid a break but wish he would stop.
(06-17-2022, 04:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you left out the part where liberals were against most of those things at one point too buddy. 

Not sure what you are talking about.  All of these movements were driven by liberal progressive thought.

Many people actually respect a man who is brave enough to state his opinion instead of being a silent coward.

The world does not change if everyone stays quiet and does nothing.
(06-17-2022, 04:48 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: sorry buddy, im still trying to give the kid a break but wish he would stop.

Who cares?

Basically what you are saying is that no one is allowed to express their opinions because you get so triggered.

The world does not have to bow to your special demands.  If you are really going to let politics ruin your enjoyment of football then that is your problem, not Burrows.  He does not have to honor your "safe zone".
(06-17-2022, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LeBron says some stupid stuff.

Burrow doesn't.

And fans who let politics ruin their enjoyment of sports are just cutting off their own noses to spite their own faces.  Ted Nugent has lost it, but I still enjoy his music.  I think it is silly the way some Christian athletes give God credit for what happens in a ballgame, but I don't get offended like a little snowflake and refuse to watch them because of it.

you don't think any of the things i listed in post 163 were stupid? come on buddy. burrow would've been better off to not do any of those things.