Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JB press conference
(06-16-2022, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I assure you - he doesn’t care.

Probably not... He's smart enough too know what he wants too say. I think it's obvious to anyone he's far left at this point... I knew what was coming when Ben Douche asked it...
(06-16-2022, 08:19 PM)Tony Wrote: I got people DM me out of the woodworks how much they hate Burrow now over this.. I personally could care less his views though...

That is bogus. People shouldn't hate a young man over that... 

Same I care about how he plays football. Mellow

(06-16-2022, 08:20 PM)Tony Wrote: He shoulda said no comment..

True Tony, true.

Makes me mad now a days to even think about politics, I use football to get away from it. Always have.

The people who are great Americans need their guns to protect their families from the Government and all the evil folks that 
do these evil deeds. There are many reasons why cities with the biggest gun laws have the biggest gun violence. There are also
many reasons like states like mine in Wyoming have hardly any gun violence where we have hardly any gun laws.

Too many people in one place is a part of it and people knowing that guns are to protect you from the Government is apart of it.

The Founding Fathers of this country spoke these same type of words.

Guns aren't all for hunting to eat. For example the AR15 is a perfect hunting rifle for deer cause you don't just blow your deer 
apart that you shoot. So much to this and so much ignorance with the anti-gun crowd it is insane.

Also, banning doesn't work. Never has, never will. The bad folks will get what is banned and the good family folk will get the 
bad side of it. Just the way it has always gone in every country that has ever tried it. England banned guns and everybody is 
knifing each other in the streets, they ban knives, screw driving people in the necks. It starts with a foundation of morality.

Something the media of this country has lost every touch of. Mellow
(06-16-2022, 09:46 PM)Tony Wrote: I think it's obvious to anyone he's far left at this point... 

Or maybe he just says what he feels and has his own opinions and doesn't care about politics. He is from rural Ohio so I doubt he is "far left". But here we are as a society. Unable to have independent opinions. Politics runs some people but we've gone too far letting every opinion define your politics. Politics have become so gang related, you can't possibly feel one way if you are on the "right" or "left". It's long past time politicians quit telling Americans what to think, and we as Americans shouldn't play into it. Independent thinking is what is going to get us out of this political mess society has found itself in. I'd rather think Burrow is confident in his own skin and doesn't worry which political side he has to play to every time he speaks. We should all take note.

Burrow is a star and always will be. Those same people DM'ing you cancelling him probably spend the rest of their time rallying against cancel culture, and promoting free speech. We must do better as a people. Or at least try.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-16-2022, 09:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I haven't seen Burrow getting much blowback. It's actually not even news anymore. Anyone mad at what Burrow said should have already been done with him after his BLM comment. What happened? They came back? So they lame, and indecisive and wishywashy on their support to begin with. Already having confusing patriotism with partisanship and mow fandom with partisanship. We have to quit letting politics influence us as people and rely on common sense.

Yeah. If anyone is overreacting to this, they're looking for something to overreact to. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(06-16-2022, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is bogus. People shouldn't hate a young man over that... 

True Tony, true.

Makes me mad now a days to even think about politics, I use football to get away from it. Always have.

The people who are great Americans need their guns to protect their families from the Government and all the evil folks that 
do these evil deeds. There are many reasons why cities with the biggest gun laws have the biggest gun violence. There are also
many reasons like states like mine in Wyoming have hardly any gun violence where we have hardly any gun laws.

Too many people in one place is a part of it and people knowing that guns are to protect you from the Government is apart of it.

Guns aren't all for hunting to eat. For example the AR15 is a perfect hunting rifle for deer cause you don't just blow your deer 
apart that you shoot. So much to this and so much ignorance with the anti-gun crowd it is insane.

Also, banning doesn't work. Never has, never will. The bad folks will get what is banned and the good family folk will get the 
bad side of it. Just the way it has always gone in every country that has ever tried it. England banned guns and everybody is 
knifing each other in the streets, they ban knives, screw driving people in the necks. It starts with a foundation of morality.

Wrong on almost every point here. Bravo.
(06-16-2022, 09:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: I haven't seen Burrow getting much blowback. It's actually not even news anymore. Anyone mad at what Burrow said should have already been done with him after his BLM comment. What happened? They came back? So they lame, and indecisive and wishywashy on their support to begin with. Already having confusing patriotism with partisanship and mow fandom with partisanship. We have to quit letting politics influence us as people and rely on common sense.

Common sense ain't so common anymore.....

"Better send those refunds..."

(06-16-2022, 10:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Or maybe he just says what he feels and has his own opinions and doesn't care about politics. He is from rural Ohio so I doubt he is "far left". But here we are as a society. Unable to have independent opinions. Politics runs some people but we've gone too far letting every opinion define your politics. Politics have become so gang related, you can't possibly feel one way if you are on the "right" or "left". It's long past time politicians quit telling Americans what to think, and we as Americans shouldn't play into it. Independent thinking is what is going to get us out of this political mess society has found itself in. I'd rather think Burrow is confident in his own skin and doesn't worry which political side he has to play to every time he speaks. We should all take note.

Burrow is a star and always will be. Those same people DM'ing you cancelling him probably spend the rest of their time rallying against cancel culture, and promoting free speech. We must do better as a people. Or at least try.

It has become two cults....but with the same objective....

"Better send those refunds..."

(06-16-2022, 08:55 PM)jj22 Wrote: Riots come out of protests all the time. You will always attract bad actors in those situations. An attack on our democracy and election process in an attempt to overturn an election based off of a lie  against our beloved Capitol is not the same. That's just whataboutism. This is America, a Democracy a country that represents and fights for Democracy across the world. What we saw was devastating to the ability to stop bad actors (Dictatorships) from promoting their way. This world is in trouble thanks to the Big lie and the doubt it sent to nations fighting for Democracy across the world. The consequences are coming in generations, and folks shouldn't downplay it.

It's like kids who think their parents are perfect. When they see them breakdown, suddenly the parent loses control. 1/6 and the big lie we now know was a lie caused America to lose control of the argument of pro Democracy. And that, will come back to bite us in the future.

Gun owners like myself if you take politics out are horrified at how easy it is to get guns. We (not to sound all get off my lawn on these kids) had to get license, hundreds of hours of training etc to carry and purchase.
They are giving guns out like skittles. Respective gun owners are fine with what Burrow said. It shouldn't be easier to buy guns then Sudafed. 

Or at the very least what we saw with the attack on our capitol should be viewed equally worse than kneeling during some song from the 1800's not even meant for many (black - "land of the free") Americans if we are talking about patriotism.

Who's we???? I bought my first shotgun at 18 without taking any classes, no license. I bought my first pistol at 21, again with no classes or license. (Mind you, I was taught gun safety from a very young age by my family.)
(06-17-2022, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Who's we???? I bought my first shotgun at 18 without taking any classes, no license. I bought my first pistol at 21, again with no classes or license. (Mind you, I was taught gun safety from a very young age by my family.)

Even if you were the best driver ever would you be in favor of eliminating all licensing or training requirements for drivers?  Don't you think that would make driving less safe for EVERYONE including the safe drivers?
(06-16-2022, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too many people in one place is a part of it and people knowing that guns are to protect you from the Government is apart of it.

The founding fathers made it a capital offense to take up weapons against your own government.  The militia mentioned in the 2nd Amendment was needed to protect the country for foreign invaders because we did not have a standing army.

(06-16-2022, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also, banning doesn't work. Never has, never will. The bad folks will get what is banned and the good family folk will get the 

Something the media of this country has lost every touch of. Mellow

The media you consume has brainwashed you to not be able to see any difference between common sense regulations like Burrow suggests and "banning".

And despite what you claim laws do control behavior.  We still have people who commit murder, but it seems silly to argue that means a law against murder is useless.

Without licensing and registration laws it is pretty much impossible for police to enforce the laws we have in place to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.  Reasonable gun owners like myself understand this.  But unfortunately the NRA has brainwashed so many people that we can not even talk about common sense regulations with people squealing against banning guns and going to war with the government.
(06-17-2022, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if you were the best driver ever would you be in favor of eliminating all licensing or training requirements for drivers?  Don't you think that would make driving less safe for EVERYONE including the safe drivers?

Red Herring people love to throw out there, but is meaningless. Driving is not a Constitutional Right, owning firearms if you wish to is. It would probably be a lot easier if we made people speak proper English and know what they are talking about before they were allowed to say something, but we don't make them pass English 101 before allowing them free speech.
(06-17-2022, 10:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The founding fathers made it a capital offense to take up weapons against your own government.  The militia mentioned in the 2nd Amendment was needed to protect the country for foreign invaders because we did not have a standing army.

The media you consume has brainwashed you to not be able to see any difference between common sense regulations like Burrow suggests and "banning".

And despite what you claim laws do control behavior.  We still have people who commit murder, but it seems silly to argue that means a law against murder is useless.

Without licensing and registration laws it is pretty much impossible for police to enforce the laws we have in place to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.  Reasonable gun owners like myself understand this.  But unfortunately the NRA has brainwashed so many people that we can not even talk about common sense regulations with people squealing against banning guns and going to war with the government.

That's why the phrase for just about every oath of office or militaey is "all enemies, foreign and domestic."

A law is only good for one thing, controlling the people who obey the laws. They do nothing to dissuade those who don't.

And places like DC, Chicago, Detroit, etc. have the most stringent licensing and registration laws. How's that working keeping guns out of the hands of criminals? As an attorney, I would think you would understand the term criminal. 
(06-17-2022, 11:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And places like DC, Chicago, Detroit, etc. have the most stringent licensing and registration laws. How's that working keeping guns out of the hands of criminals? As an attorney, I would think you would understand the term criminal. 

They are trafficking them in from border states with lax gun laws. This has long been discussed, and the talking point debunked, but continues to be used. It can't be a few states with laws governing the purchase of guns. It's like if alcohol was illegal to purchase in Cincinnati, but legal in Kentucky. Folks would have plenty of alcohol if needed here in Cinci. Just need a quick 20 minute drive across the bridge to grab some every weekend. It isn't rocket science which is why the talking point has long been a weird one to continue to keep coming up even after being shot down as legit.

This thread is derailed and I'd recommend folks visit P&R if they want to continue the discussion on this. 

Moral of the story tho is this was news for 1 day, and you aren't hearing about it anywhere else but here. 

(06-17-2022, 11:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Red Herring people love to throw out there, but is meaningless. Driving is not a Constitutional Right, owning firearms if you wish to is. It would probably be a lot easier if we made people speak proper English and know what they are talking about before they were allowed to say something, but we don't make them pass English 101 before allowing them free speech.

This is confusing on multiple fronts. You don't have to "speak" to get protected by that "right"?. 

(06-17-2022, 12:07 AM)N_B Wrote: Wrong on almost every point here.  Bravo.

Just the way someone that cannot debate points speaks. Bravo.
The constitution is overrated anyway. It wasn't even wrote for a significant number of Americans (Women/African Americans/Diseased/Disabled) which is why it has had to be amended over time. Far more then politicians would like you to believe. So the idea that it can't be amended has long been false.

(06-16-2022, 10:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Or maybe he just says what he feels and has his own opinions and doesn't care about politics. He is from rural Ohio so I doubt he is "far left". But here we are as a society. Unable to have independent opinions. Politics runs some people but we've gone too far letting every opinion define your politics. Politics have become so gang related, you can't possibly feel one way if you are on the "right" or "left". It's long past time politicians quit telling Americans what to think, and we as Americans shouldn't play into it. Independent thinking is what is going to get us out of this political mess society has found itself in. I'd rather think Burrow is confident in his own skin and doesn't worry which political side he has to play to every time he speaks. We should all take note.

Ya I get it.. I don't identify as either myself anymore.. Politics are ruining this world..
(06-16-2022, 09:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is bogus. People shouldn't hate a young man over that... 

True Tony, true.

I live in Pennsylvania lol.. Nothing but Stealer and Eagles fans who love shooting guns..
(06-17-2022, 12:07 PM)Tony Wrote: I live in Pennsylvania lol.. Nothing but Stealer and Eagles fans who love shooting guns..

Rough dude lol

I have to shoot with Stealer fans all the time myself in Wyoming for heck sake. Such bandwagon fans ugh Sick
(06-17-2022, 12:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: The constitution is overrated anyway. It wasn't even wrote for a significant number of Americans (Women/African Americans/Diseased/Disabled) which is why it has had to be amended over time. Far more then politicians would like you to believe. So the idea that it can't be amended has long been false.

Go to Canada then. The Constitution is the greatest document ever written. You can make amendments but the Founding fathers
did the best they could at the time.