Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JB press conference
(06-16-2022, 11:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That is exactly what he said. He did not call for the banning of these weapons.

Too much knee jerk reaction on issues like abortion and gun rights.

Not really. He said “if they aren’t going to ban everything…” that’s not a ringing endorsement of the constitutional 2nd amendment.
(06-16-2022, 06:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Not really. He said “if they aren’t going to ban everything…” that’s not a ringing endorsement of the constitutional 2nd amendment.

It is okay, he is young and hopefully will learn. I didn't like it either but lots of young sports stars don't know much about this 
stuff. It isn't his fault, it was the media asking him about something that has nothing to do with what he knows about...

You know... football. Mellow
(06-16-2022, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is okay, he is young and hopefully will learn. I didn't like it either but lots of young sports stars don't know much about this 
stuff. It isn't his fault, it was the media asking him about something that has nothing to do with what he knows about...

So, if football players should only talk about football...does that mean fans should only talk about their jobs and never have an opinion on anything else? Me and you don't know anything about actually playing professional football...but yet, we still give our opinions on it all the time. Mellow

Also, we have no idea what Joe knows or doesn't know about the topic. Just because he's young or some might not like his answer, doesn't mean he doesn't know anything.
(06-16-2022, 06:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, if football players should only talk about football...does that mean fans should only talk about their jobs and never have an opinion on anything else? Me and you don't know anything about actually playing professional football...but yet, we still give our opinions on it all the time.  Mellow

Good question. I understand what you mean Holic, still I don't have to like what a young player says either even though I love 
the guy. It just kind of puts him in a weird situation when asked about these things in these weird ass times IMO. 

This is a football forum and Burrow would kick all our asses in football knowledge...
(06-16-2022, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good question. I understand what you mean Holic, still I don't have to like what a young player says either even though I love 
the guy. It just kind of puts him in a weird situation when asked about these things in these weird ass times IMO. 

This is a football forum and Burrow would kick all our asses in football knowledge...

Well, at least we agree on that. LOL
(06-16-2022, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good question. I understand what you mean Holic, still I don't have to like what a young player says either even though I love 

This is where I'm at on this. it's not some public external event where JB's showing up to speak; it's not something he chose to speak on.

WTS, I'm not sure JB would kick my ass in football knowledge; cause what I do is I drink and I know things. He just plays a game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-16-2022, 06:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, if football players should only talk about football...does that mean fans should only talk about their jobs and never have an opinion on anything else? Me and you don't know anything about actually playing professional football...but yet, we still give our opinions on it all the time. Mellow

Also, we have no idea what Joe knows or doesn't know about the topic. Just because he's young or some might not like his answer, doesn't mean he doesn't know anything.

Also it's perfectly ok to have differing options about something. Hell it's even alright to be friends with someone who doesn't see the world exactly as you do. That's been forgotten in our society the last decade or so.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(06-16-2022, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is okay, he is young and hopefully will learn. I didn't like it either but lots of young sports stars don't know much about this 

I got people DM me out of the woodworks how much they hate Burrow now over this.. I personally could care less his views though...

He shoulda said no comment..
(06-16-2022, 11:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Comparing what Del Rio said to Burrows comments is ridiculous.

The NFL is no different from any other business. They have a right to control their public image.  To claim that all "political" comments are the same completely ignores this fact. If you are a white supremacist, holocaust denier, or dismissive of what happened on 1-6 then you need to keep your opinions to yourself or suffer the consequences. That is the way it works at pretty much every job where you are representing your employer to the public.

January 6th was no different than  any BLM protest where they burnt everything too the ground... None of it should happen.. We keep letting them divide us all with this BS... Your views deffinetly don't have to reflect your Jobs views either. That's ridiculous...
(06-16-2022, 04:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real? No where did I say their "Freedoms should be limited". I said he should be embarrassed for asking such a decisive politically charged questions on the heels of The Del Rio matter.  JB easily could have said something to embarrass himself or the organization. Say the wrong thing and subject him to fines and suspensions. 

If you cannot see the difference between that and asking him what his favorite food; then we just differ. Doesn't make one or the other "embarrassing". 

Look at it like this:

We have 2 sub-forums on this board. One about food and drink and one about politics and religion. As an administrator do you have to police both similarly or does one provide me quotes that require moderation. If your answer is the "same" then they're the same

He Baited Burrow into this too. No matter what he said, he was gonna get blow back... Should fire that dude..
(06-16-2022, 08:25 PM)Tony Wrote: January 6th was no different than  any BLM protest where they burnt everything too the ground... None of it should happen.. We keep letting them divide us all with this BS... Your views deffinetly don't have to reflect your Jobs views either. That's ridiculous...

Riots come out of protests all the time. You will always attract bad actors in those situations. An attack on our democracy and election process in an attempt to overturn an election based off of a lie  against our beloved Capitol is not the same. That's just whataboutism. This is America, a Democracy a country that represents and fights for Democracy across the world. What we saw was devastating to the ability to stop bad actors (Dictatorships) from promoting their way. This world is in trouble thanks to the Big lie and the doubt it sent to nations fighting for Democracy across the world. The consequences are coming in generations, and folks shouldn't downplay it.

It's like kids who think their parents are perfect. When they see them breakdown, suddenly the parent loses control. 1/6 and the big lie we now know was a lie caused America to lose control of the argument of pro Democracy. And that, will come back to bite us in the future.

Gun owners like myself if you take politics out are horrified at how easy it is to get guns. We (not to sound all get off my lawn on these kids) had to get license, hundreds of hours of training etc to carry and purchase. They are giving guns out like skittles. Respective gun owners are fine with what Burrow said. It shouldn't be easier to buy guns then Sudafed. 

Or at the very least what we saw with the attack on our capitol should be viewed equally worse than kneeling during some song from the 1800's not even meant for many (black - "land of the free") Americans if we are talking about patriotism.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-16-2022, 08:30 PM)Tony Wrote: He Baited Burrow into this too. No matter what he said, he was gonna get blow back... Should fire that dude..

For asking a question?  Facepalm
(06-16-2022, 09:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For asking a question?  Facepalm

Ya , Burrow is getting blow back now.... It was a loaded question..
(06-16-2022, 09:10 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya , Burrow is getting blow back now.... It was a loaded question..

So, every sports reporter who asked an athlete about COVID over the past couple of years should be fired? That topic was equally as controversial and divisive. Hell, it still is...but almost every reporter asked about and a lot of players had no issue giving their opinions, whether fans agreed with them or not.
Covid directly affected the NFLs operations.. AR 15s not so much..
I haven't seen Burrow getting much blowback. It's actually not even news anymore. Anyone mad at what Burrow said should have already been done with him after his BLM comment. What happened? They came back? So they lame, and indecisive and wishywashy on their support to begin with. Already having confusing patriotism with partisanship and mow fandom with partisanship. We have to quit letting politics influence us as people and rely on common sense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(06-16-2022, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is where I'm at on this. it's not some public external event where JB's showing up to speak; it's not something he chose to speak on.

WTS, I'm not sure JB would kick my ass in football knowledge; cause what I do is I drink and I know things. He just plays a game. 

And he is damn good at it on my favorite team THANK GOD!!! Cool
Meh, it will blow over and Burrow learned a lesson - he can just decline to answer questions.

I prefer to look at the good which is how one player has managed to upend things and change the internal and external perception of a franchise. We knew Burrow was phenomenally talented going into the draft and that the mental part of his game was scouted as elite but his other benefits have been considerable - he has been an ambassador for the team and we can point to his influence in getting more than one Free Agent (most recently La'el Collins). He (and Zac to be fair) have this whole team believing every week they can go out and win - opponent doesn't matter and even if they get down early doesn't matter. This is no small thing.
(06-16-2022, 09:10 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya , Burrow is getting blow back now.... It was a loaded question..

I assure you - he doesn’t care.