Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
JB press conference
(06-15-2022, 01:32 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: i like seeing the Steelers spend that much money on a safety.

I just saw that with the Minkah contract they now have the highest paid defense in the league, but the lowest paid offense. I don’t think you can win like that in today’s NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(06-14-2022, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, ofc he’s going to say pay Bates. He’s a good leader and teammate. But he’s also going to want Tee and Chase paid as well. And probably secretly even more so.

Also - shame on you for “Burrows” Gaah

Yes... I think Joe will miss Tee Huggins if they pay all of that money to Jesse Bates.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
The reporter really set him up to catch a lot of shit from half of the fanbase no matter what his answer was. Burrow actually did well by throwing out a reasonable and centrist opinion on the topic.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(06-15-2022, 11:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The reporter really set him up to catch a lot of shit from half of the fanbase no matter what his answer was. Burrow actually did well by throwing out a reasonable and centrist opinion on the topic.

Pro
(06-14-2022, 10:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good for the NFL.

And, BTW Joe nailed the answer.  DON'T MAKE THE GUNS ILLEGAL.  Just make some reasonable regulations to keep them out of the wrong hands.

Well he actually is wrong you can't just walk in and buy one, there is a process it does every by states, and he says if they are not goi g to ban those guns, what does he mean? Did nit should well informed,
(06-15-2022, 11:17 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Pro

Anti
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-15-2022, 09:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder why they didn't ask JB about his thoughts on abortion...

Asking him that question was about as relevant as asking Ted Cruz his thoughts on the Cover-2 defense.

Both the reporter and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves..

Indeed

I had no idea this thread would end up down this road. I believe questions like that have no place in a football news conference. Now if Joe was on a talk show, ok.

Now back to football
(06-15-2022, 11:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well he actually is wrong you can't just walk in and buy one, there is a process it does every by states, and he says if they are not goi g to ban those guns, what does he mean? Did nit should well informed,

He likely isn’t well informed. He is just trying to say the most reasonable answer he can think of followed up by “I get paid to play football.” The most central/neutral you can really be at this point.
(06-15-2022, 11:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Indeed

I had no idea this thread would end up down this road. I believe questions like that have no place in a football news conference. Now if Joe was on a talk show, ok.

Now back to football

It definitely sends a mixed message. In the same week Jack Del Rio is fined $100K for making a comment because "It takes away focus from the team". A hack reporter asks JB a question that has nothing to do with football and the NFL promotes it.

(06-15-2022, 11:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well he actually is wrong you can't just walk in and buy one, there is a process it does every by states, and he says if they are not goi g to ban those guns, what does he mean? Did nit should well informed,

As usual…

[Image: KzaM.gif]

Is it really that hard to look at what you wrote (to make sure it’s not gibberish) before hitting post reply, people? LOL

(06-15-2022, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It definitely sends a mixed message. In the same week Jack Del Rio is fined $100K for making a comment because "It takes away focus from the team". A hack reporter asks JB a question that has nothing to do with football and the NFL promotes it.

Well tbf, they also asked him who his favorite superhero is. There’s only so many questions you can ask about OTA’s. And Joe has been outspoken about social issues in the past (his Heisman speech, BLM, etc), so I don’t really think it was that out of left field (no pun intended).

(06-16-2022, 01:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well tbf, they also asked him who his favorite superhero is. There’s only so many questions you can ask about OTA’s. And Joe has been outspoken about social issues in the past (his Heisman speech, BLM, etc), so I don’t really think it was that out of left field (no pun intended).

tbf, Jack Del Rio was fined $100K for speaking on a political issue; what's the difference? I doubt he would have been fined if he said Superman was his favorite superhero

The question had no place in the conference, The reporter, the NFL, and frankly those supporting it should be ashamed. 

I don't really agree with what Joe said about Guns but I have no problem with him stating his opinion on it. I have a huge problem with what happened to Del Rio(and yes I agree that the Commanders and NFL have the right to fine him if they choose too.) with him being fined.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(06-16-2022, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: tbf, Jack Del Rio was fined $100K for speaking on a political issue; what's the difference? I doubt he would have been fined if he said Superman was his favorite superhero

The question had no place in the conference, The reporter, the NFL, and frankly those supporting it should be ashamed. 

I wasn’t even touching on the Del Rio thing. I was merely pointing out the question by Ben Baby wasn’t as out of nowhere as some are suggesting.

No one should feel ashamed over this. Talk about much ado over nothing…

(06-15-2022, 11:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He likely isn’t well informed. He is just trying to say the most reasonable answer he can think of followed up by “I get paid to play football.” The most central/neutral you can really be at this point.

A lot of people are ill informed when it comes to what it takes to purchase a firearm, because they get their information from the news. They published a story about an emergency physician yesterday talking about the total devastation to the body that "assault weapons" cause. I'd have loved to be in the reporter pool and asked him how he discerns an AR-15 wound from a .223 bolt action rifle wound. Or how he discerns an AR-10 wound from a .308 hunting rifle wound. A lot of people are just purely ignorant on the subject, and Mr. "A 9mm will blow your lung out of your body" is the worst of all.
(06-16-2022, 01:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: tbf, Jack Del Rio was fined $100K for speaking on a political issue; what's the difference? I doubt he would have been fined if he said Superman was his favorite superhero

I’m not upset the question was asked and answered. I do think there is a double standard though because of what you posted here about Del Rio. It sets a bad precedence that when a somewhat political question is asked, you better answer it the way the media/political activists want you too or you will lose money.

There is a somewhat perversion of an answer when you know there are consequences based on how you answer. If Joe says he supports the right to bear arms, he likely is getting rail roaded by the media.

I appreciate his attempt to appease (whether he truly believes it or not) the activists, while also appeasing the other side by basically saying what both sides want to hear.
(06-16-2022, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: A lot of people are ill informed when it comes to what it takes to purchase a firearm, because they get their information from the news. They published a story about an emergency physician yesterday talking about the total devastation to the body that "assault weapons" cause. I'd have loved to be in the reporter pool and asked him how he discerns an AR-15 wound from a .223 bolt action rifle wound. Or how he discerns an AR-10 wound from a .308 hunting rifle wound. A lot of people are just purely ignorant on the subject, and Mr. "A 9mm will blow your lung out of your body" is the worst of all.

Yep. I am not informed on the issue either. I support the right to carry/have firearms. I couldn’t begin to tell you what is what. I never purchased a gun in my life until my son’s (who I adopted) biological father threatened me. So there is definitely a necessity to be able to protect yourself and your family.
(06-16-2022, 08:34 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m not upset the question was asked and answered. I do think there is a double standard though because of what you posted here about Del Rio. It sets a bad precedence that when a somewhat political question is asked, you better answer it the way the media/political activists want you too or you will lose money.

There is a somewhat perversion of an answer when you know there are consequences based on how you answer. If Joe says he supports the right to bear arms, he likely is getting rail roaded by the media.

I appreciate his attempt to appease (whether he truly believes it or not) the activists, while also appeasing the other side by basically saying what both sides want to hear.

Yes, he handled that about as well as I would expect any 24 year old person to be able to.
(06-15-2022, 11:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well he actually is wrong you can't just walk in and buy one, there is a process it does every by states, and he says if they are not goi g to ban those guns, what does he mean? Did nit should well informed,

Most states in the union a person can buy a gun from another private party without a background check.  In some states this even applies at gun shows.  Licensed gun dealers have to perform background checks, but private sellers to not.  But even in the states where there is a requirement there is no way to enforce the law because guns are not registered to specific owners.

Burrow was dead on with his answer.  Don't ban guns.  Just make some laws to keep them out of the wrong hands.
(06-16-2022, 08:34 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I’m not upset the question was asked and answered. I do think there is a double standard though because of what you posted here about Del Rio. It sets a bad precedence that when a somewhat political question is asked, you better answer it the way the media/political activists want you too or you will lose money.

Oh, I agree JB handled it as best as could be expected. My issue is solely with the reporter asking a politically charged question and then NFL doubling down on it. Especially given the JDR situation. Of course a reporter is going to dig for a soundbite; I just wonder why he stopped with a guns question. Why not JB's thoughts on Inflation, gas prices, abortion, same-sex marriage...Those all seem within bounds in an interview following a workout.