Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JOeyB is in the House
Joe Burrow is back at the facility. No practice yet though

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Joe appears to be wearing some sort of bandage around his left forearm. I wonder if something happened with the IV last week that caused some swelling and bruising

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 03:28 PM)pally Wrote: Joe appears to be wearing some sort of bandage around his left forearm.  I wonder if something happened with the IV last week that caused some swelling and bruising

No clue...but I saw it too.
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote:

Probably another week before he starts throwing.
Reply/Quote
It looks like he still has an IV catheter in. You can kind of see the tubing underneath the wrap. If so, his return will be later not sooner, because this means he is still receiving IV antibiotics or some other medication 5 days post-op, which is pretty unusual unless he had some kind of systemic infection

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 04:41 PM)Synric Wrote:

Anytime you have a procedure that cuts through the torso muscles, it hurts to move for a couple of weeks. The first week is pretty bad, then it subsides pretty quickly, but he's going to be sore for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 05:48 PM)pally Wrote: It looks like he still has an IV catheter in.  You can kind of see the tubing underneath the wrap.  If so, his return will be later not sooner, because this means he is still receiving IV antibiotics or some other medication 5 days post-op, which is pretty unusual unless he had some kind of systemic infection

Makes me wonder if his appendix was so bad it was leaking (burst) before surgery.  When that happens it takes a lot of antibiotics to clean up the sepsis.  But Burrow would have been very ill before the surgery if this was true.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anytime you have a procedure that cuts through the torso muscles, it hurts to move for a couple of weeks. The first week is pretty bad, then it subsides pretty quickly, but he's going to be sore for awhile.

Don't know the details of Joe's procedure, but most appendectomies are laparoscopic so there is not any major cutting of the muscles. 
Reply/Quote
If he's out there driving around on a cart then I assume his health is good. That's good news for Burrow on a personal level. It's good news for us a fans.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Makes me wonder if his appendix was so bad it was leaking (burst) before surgery.  When that happens it takes a lot of antibiotics to clean up the sepsis.  But Burrow would have been very ill before the surgery if this was true.

He is an extremely fit young man in the middle of football practice, so it is possible he blew off symptoms until it became serious.  A fever is not always the most prominent symptom.  According to Brandon Allen, he complained of cramping.

But it is also possible he picked up a post-op infection

The fact that he was out and about,  although gingerly, is a good sign that whatever the meds are for seems to be resolving

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:31 AM)pally Wrote: He is an extremely fit young man in the middle of football practice, so it is possible he blew off symptoms until it became serious.  A fever is not always the most prominent symptom.  According to Brandon Allen, he complained of cramping.

But it is also possible he picked up a post-op infection

The fact that he was out and about,  although gingerly, is a good sign that whatever the meds are for seems to be resolving

Right

I highly doubt if he had something even remotely close to dangerous or however you want to put it ? He'd be out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't know the details of Joe's procedure, but most appendectomies are laparoscopic so there is not any major cutting of the muscles. 

Dude, have you ever had laparoscopic surgery in your gut. I have, it hurts. It hurts every time you move. They still cut into your abdomen. The cuts are just smaller. Then they inflate you with gas, stretching everything out, so they can see what they are doing.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 12:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Dude, have you ever had laparoscopic surgery in your gut. I have, it hurts. It hurts every time you move. They still cut into your abdomen. The cuts are just smaller. Then they inflate you with gas, stretching everything out, so they can see what they are doing.

Agree that laparoscopic surgery can still be painful. And removing an appendix is more intrusive than the minor hernia surgery I had. But in the "old days" it would have taken months for abdominal surgery to heal.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 03:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Agree that laparoscopic surgery can still be painful. And removing an appendix is more intrusive than the minor hernia surgery I had. But in the "old days" it would have taken months for abdominal surgery to heal.

I had to have open hernia repair from the car wreck that retired me. (screwed up my neck as well). That really sucked. A couple of years ago I had to have a colon resection due to diverticulitis they did laparoscopically. That one sucked too, though nowhere near as bad. I hurt for about 2 weeks as opposed to a month or so.
Reply/Quote
Zac told Joe to stay home today and rest

Reply/Quote
progress

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Makes me wonder if his appendix was so bad it was leaking (burst) before surgery.  When that happens it takes a lot of antibiotics to clean up the sepsis.  But Burrow would have been very ill before the surgery if this was true.

A normal person may have been very sick, but we're talking JB. Before I had my appendix removed I wallowed in pain from Friday-Monday, but I'm a mere mortal.. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 06:04 PM)pally Wrote:

I thought D'Andre Smith was supposed to be a fit, quicker olineman. Dude is dragging ass in those sprints.

Meanwhile, Jackson seems to be leading the pack of olinemen
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote