Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ja’Marr Chase Was Right All Along
Hindsight is 20-20, and we weren't there with Burrow to evaluate his health.
Chase was, and he was right about a cautious approach.
If I were there with Burrow I have a good feeling that I would have seen enough where I'd want to rest him up a few weeks too.

If it were me in charge, I would have brought in a serviceable backup QB in the offseason.
I had a bad feeling about Simien. He wasn't the answer obviously. Browning didn't show much either.
Overall I feel like we had a slight downgrade to our backup QB this offseason.
That said, we upgraded backup WR, corner, and other spots.

Really bad luck to have Burrow get hurt like he did.
But again, he had tape on his calf prior to getting hurt--why was that?
If it were me and one of my best players in camp had the slightest cramp, I'd rest them up and not risk injury.
Sometimes you make your own luck.

If it were me and the season is over in Burrow's rookie season, and our oline is garbage, I would run the ball more and not drop back over 75% of the time.
Conventional wisdom says you protect your best players when possible.
Same with practicing with rocks on the field (AJ Green downfall).

It is what it is. I'm not too upset.
My mind wants to make judgements, but the watcher in me realizes how pointless it is.
We are all just spectators.
All we can do is watch.
We can make judgements and cast blame but it doesn't make a difference and only serves to mess with your inner peace.

I love watching these players and this team.
I'm looking forward to seeing Burrow healthy at some point in the future.
I'm looking forward to him winning MVP one of these years and hoisting the Lombardi.
Will that happen this year?
Next?
Will it never happen?
Who knows?

All I know is that he's fun to watch and I hope he gets healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here is the question and I don’t know the answer: Is an injured Joe Burrow better than a healthy Jake Browning?  My concern right now is for Joe Burrow’s long term viability.

I think it depends on the injury. We don't have the inside info. Not something we can determine.

Browning will struggle. We'll likely lose to the Rams with him.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Here is the question and I don’t know the answer: Is an injured Joe Burrow better than a healthy Jake Browning?  My concern right now is for Joe Burrow’s long term viability.

1) There is no doubt in my mind that Burrow with a calf strain is better than a healthy Browning.  No doubt.

2) A muscle strain is not going to affect Burrow's long term viability.
Reply/Quote