Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ja'Marr Chase's house
I know most of you remember this video showing Ja'Marr house hunting here in Cincinnati

As we know, he didn't buy any of those instead he bought a house on the same street Joe Burrow lives on.  But, now we know the rest of the story.  Ja'Marr wanted to live near Joe so badly that he went door to door to all of Joe's neighbors introducing himself, telling them he had lots of money, and that he wanted to buy their house.  Someone took him up on that offer and now he and Joe have the beginning of some kind of weekly comedy tv show

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, I saw that last night. The bond these two have is next level.

[Image: sports_bengals_jamarrchase_joeburrow_nfl...witter.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Damn, that was cool. And although a tiny part of me thinks "shouldn't you wait until your next contract?", then I realize that a home is probably the best investment in a high inflationary period, and he does have a lot of family.

Personally, I love that third house. Damn, it was amazing.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 02:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Damn, that was cool.  And although a tiny part of me thinks "shouldn't you wait until your next contract?", then I realize that a home is probably the best investment in a high inflationary period, and he does have a lot of family.  

Personally, I love that third house.  Damn, it was amazing.

And if being next door to the big brother he thinks is "like a God"  helps keep him grounded, I'm all for it.  Ja'Marr is a young guy who never lived his life out of Louisiana.  He publically shows a lot of bravado but I also sense a lot of shyness in him. A potential set up for getting into trouble  Joe will help keep him focused 

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 03:14 PM)pally Wrote: And if being next door to the big brother he thinks is "like a God"  helps keep him grounded, I'm all for it.  Ja'Marr is a young guy who never lived his life out of Louisiana.  He publically shows a lot of bravado but I also sense a lot of shyness in him. A potential set up for getting into trouble  Joe will help keep him focused 

I think it's more of a low-key, calm and focus, rather than a shyness; even when he spoke to the kid(s) at Nick, he was positive and pleasant, but not exuberant like you see many of the players act around kids.

From everything I've seen/read (I may be completely wrong, so do correct me if so), he had a good upbringing and was at least middle-class, with both his parents still together.

That tells me that he's well-grounded already, with or without Burrow. Don't forget, people have been raving over his football IQ since before he was drafted; I simply perceive Chase to be a down-to-earth, intelligent and calm person. Tee is the same way, but I haven't seen anything praise his smarts or football IQ, outside of extending his arms so that defenders can't knock the ball out (which I still hold my breath on every time I see it lol). Not saying that Tee isn't smart or intelligent, but with his rougher upbringing and less-grounded childhood, HE appears more shy than Chase and had he not come out and written his article for the Tribune, I would've pegged him to be the perfect archetype to fall off the rails, due to his past and perceived lack of smarts.

I'm no behavioural expert though, so I may just be blowing smoke LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 03:22 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think it's more of a low-key, calm and focus, rather than a shyness; even when he spoke to the kid(s) at Nick, he was positive and pleasant, but not exuberant like you see many of the players act around kids.

From everything I've seen/read (I may be completely wrong, so do correct me if so), he had a good upbringing and was at least middle-class, with both his parents still together.

That tells me that he's well-grounded already, with or without Burrow. Don't forget, people have been raving over his football IQ since before he was drafted; I simply perceive Chase to be a down-to-earth, intelligent and calm person. Tee is the same way, but I haven't seen anything praise his smarts or football IQ, outside of extending his arms so that defenders can't knock the ball out (which I still hold my breath on every time I see it lol). Not saying that Tee isn't smart or intelligent, but with his rougher upbringing and less-grounded childhood, HE appears more shy than Chase and had he not come out and written his article for the Tribune, I would've pegged him to be the perfect archetype to fall off the rails, due to his past and perceived lack of smarts.

I'm no behavioural expert though, so I may just be blowing smoke LOL

maybe the word I was looking for was naivety instead of shyness.  A lack of real worldliness despite being in the world of football. He doesn't have a lot of experience being on his own. Add in youth, a lot of money, and shooting onto a superstar sports list, and I just worry about him. Maybe it is just a mothering instinct.  I'm glad he felt the need to live near his best friend.  That does show a lot of smarts and insight into his own needs.  That I am glad to see

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 02:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Damn, that was cool.  And although a tiny part of me thinks "shouldn't you wait until your next contract?", then I realize that a home is probably the best investment in a high inflationary period, and he does have a lot of family.  

Personally, I love that third house.  Damn, it was amazing.

The third house was nice.  The front of the second house reminded me of a Good n' Plenty, and I hated Good n' Plenty.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Why would he buy a house next to Burrow? Palmer told me that Burrow won’t be re-signing with the team.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote