Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ja'Marr talkin' smack?
Respect you, AJ Green. Hope you are doing well.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 10:11 PM)Destro Wrote: Respect you, AJ Green. Hope you are doing well.

AJ never ran his mouth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I actually like the trash talk. It's make the games more enjoyable as a fan IMO. It just stokes the fire for a rivalry that has been fun to be a part of.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 10:27 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: AJ never ran his mouth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, he just literally pummeled a dude on the field (over smack talk). Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 08:59 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: He is slowly morphing into Ocho Cinco 2.0. Please, just shut up and play.

I see your point, but no, he's not. Ja'Marr and Joe both remind me much more of Larry Bird when they trash talk. I'm not saying that they are as good at it as Bird, but it's the same style. Chad did it mostly to get attention.

Ja'Marr is a better WR than Chad and doesn't disappear in almost every big game. Ocho may have developed into the best route runner to ever play for the Bengals, but Chase is one unique creature that came in completely polished. Chad made some amazing plays in his time as a Bengal, but he never did anything that blew my mind and Chase has already done that a few times.

There was a vibe that Chad was a bit of a reach or over drafted in the 2nd round for a couple of years, I'm not sure anyone has ever had that feeling with Chase as the 5th overall pick. 
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I like the Chase smack talk.If Chase plays Sunday, I just hope they open up the Offensive playbook and attack the Chiefs Defense.Please,back off the screen plays a little.Let Jake throw the ball downfield.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 11:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I see your point, but no, he's not. Ja'Marr and Joe both remind me much more of Larry Bird when they trash talk. I'm not saying that they are as good at it as Bird, but it's the same style. Chad did it mostly to get attention.

Ja'Marr is a better WR than Chad and doesn't disappear in almost every big game. Ocho may have developed into the best route runner to ever play for the Bengals, but Chase is one unique creature that came in completely polished. Chad made some amazing plays in his time as a Bengal, but he never did anything that blew my mind and Chase has already done that a few times.

There was a vibe that Chad was a bit of a reach or over drafted in the 2nd round for a couple of years, I'm not sure anyone has ever had that feeling with Chase as the 5th overall pick. 

No. He isn't. He COULD be, but he currently isn't.

Chad: Multi-time 1st Team All-Pro
Ja'Marr: 0-time 1st Team All-Pro

Chad: Receiving Title
Ja'Marr: Never finished top-3

We had to do this whole song and dance with AJ Green after his first 3 years and people were saying he was better than Chad too, but it turned out that AJ peaked and never got any better and never put up any years where he was the best in the league at his position. Chad was the best WR in the NFL for a 3 year span. and top-3 for a 5 year span. Recency bias shouldn't make people forget how incredibly good Chad was.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 10:27 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: AJ never ran his mouth.

What I was getting at...
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
ITT

[Image: kobe-bryant-soft.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 08:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hilarious (and eye-rolling at the same time) seeing people on here melt down over words.

(12-28-2023, 09:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. It’s sports. These dudes talk like this on the field every game. Fans only start clutching their pearls when the media makes something out of it.

So, is it considered melting down or clutching pearls when players have reactions/opinions to comments...or does that only apply to fans?
Reply/Quote
part of game so yes he can be a loud mouth ass hole that can be negative for team.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 12:34 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, is it considered melting down or clutching pearls when players have reactions/opinions to comments...or does that only apply to fans?

This place...some times...

I haven't seen any responses in this thread that would equate to melting down or clutching pearls. I have seen some stating they'd prefer he didn't do it and I have seen some defending him. I'd venture the defenders are doing more so because who said it than what was said. 

FWIW, I didn't view the comments as "trash talk", just "honest" answers. Maybe he should be more pragmatic in his answers but he's just a kid. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don’t care for it. Yea they athletes. It’s why they can’t help but celebrate a 3rd down conversion by flipping the ball and pointing…….while their team is down 30. They can’t help it. Doesn’t mean folks can’t recognize how foolish it is.

KC will set him straight Sunday.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You guys can quibble over semantics all you want about the meltdown comment, but some of our own fans are literally telling one of our best player to “STFU” and calling him an “asshole.”

Sorry if some of us think that’s pretty lame when all Ja’Marr did was answer a question honestly.

Reply/Quote
Who’s having a meltdown again?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 01:05 AM)jj22 Wrote: Who’s having a meltdown again?

It appears the dude who posted just above you. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2023, 09:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. It’s sports. These dudes talk like this on the field every game. Fans only start clutching their pearls when the media makes something out of it.

And Ja’Marr usually backs this stuff up. I believe he made the “I’m always ***** open” comment the week before he dropped 192 yards & 3 TD’s on Arizona.
You read the entirety of what was said, you will understand exactly what Chase said. They took a snippet of what was said.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 01:35 AM)sandwedge Wrote: You read the entirety of what was said, you will understand exactly Chase said. They took a snippet of what was said.

I watched the full thing. It was actually pretty tame until the end where he said he hopes they put it up in their locker room. LOL

The way I see it he’s earned the right to be confident against that team. Dude has 492 yards & 4 TD’s against them in 4 games.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 01:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I watched the full thing. It was actually pretty tame until the end where he said he hopes they put it up in their locker room. LOL

The way I see it he’s earned the right to be confident against that team. Dude has 492 yards & 4 TD’s against them in 4 games.

He will be a gametime decision and it's his call to play or not. I hope he does! When I read what he said, I didn't really think of it as trash talk but the truth. They don't have anyone that can cover him 1 on 1 for the entire game.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2023, 12:34 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, is it considered melting down or clutching pearls when players have reactions/opinions to comments...or does that only apply to fans?

If the players melt down and/or clutch pearls over this, then they have a serious problem with their mental makeup! Mellow
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote