Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carman confident he can be the Bengals starting left guard
(05-28-2022, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if all his penalties were holding, but there used to be a guy who put out a ranking of O-linemen where a hols was equal to a sack.  if you think about it that makes sense.

No, it doesn't.  If the hold prevented a bone jarring hit to the QB, then it was worth the yardage.  Unless it was a tic-tac type of call, in that case it was just the bias of an official.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, it doesn't.  If the hold prevented a bone jarring hit to the QB, then it was worth the yardage.  Unless it was a tic-tac type of call, in that case it was just the bias of an official.

But if the hold prevents the QB from escaping and making a great play then it was worse :

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, it doesn't.  If the hold prevented a bone jarring hit to the QB, then it was worth the yardage.  Unless it was a tic-tac type of call, in that case it was just the bias of an official.

I am talking about a holding penatly costing 10 yards is about the same as a sack.

You don't lose a down with the holding penalty, but I don't think it is fair to praise a guy for giving up very few sacks if he ended up holding on a large number of plays in order to keep his sack number low.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 11:58 AM)Stewy Wrote: I think most people are as you say.  

However, there is a very vocal certain individual, who claims absolutely it was a MB pick, and states it as a fact.  That individual is who I was responding too.  Scroll up, for all of his responses, which I will classify as "losing his Shyt" for people not accepting his credibility just because he says so....

I have him on ignore, so I can't quote him.  It's blessed silence.

It's very possible. Carman wasn't a team captian, and Volson was.

Kinda like night and day picks.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2022, 11:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know if all his penalties were holding, but there used to be a guy who put out a ranking of O-linemen where a hols was equal to a sack.  if you think about it that makes sense.

Yep, and I believe a lot of Hill's were holds.  
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 02:41 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's very possible. Carman wasn't a team captian, and Volson was.

Kinda like night and day picks.

So I guess Mike Brown gets credit for drafting Ja'Marr Chase and Dax Hill because neither of them were team captains either.  

Both of them were also "night and day" different picks from Volson.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So I guess Mike Brown gets credit for drafting Ja'Marr Chase and Dax Hill because neither of them were team captains either.  

Both of them were also "night and day" different picks from Volson.

1st rounders vs 2nd rounders.

1st rounders:
Both of them were 2nd years that declared. 
Talent and work ethics are both very high.

2nd rounders
Cam Taylor Britt was a team captain.
Carman draft reports even stated he gets lazy, but has the tools to be a good player.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 02:23 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: 1st rounders vs 2nd rounders.

So that means Mike Brown controls the first round and lets Zac have the rest?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 03:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So that means Mike Brown controls the first round and lets Zac have the rest?

It’s a decision by Zac, Duke, and Mike. They come to a consensus on most of the top picks.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 04:27 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: It’s a decision by Zac, Duke, and Mike. They come to a consensus on most of the top picks.

What do they do when there is no agreement?

Who has the ultimate power to overrule the other two? 

You say they come to a consensus on "most" of the top picks.  Which ones have they not agreed on?  Who got to make the final decision? 
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do they do when there is no agreement?

You say they come to a consensus on "most" of the top picks.  Which ones have they not agreed on?  Who got to make the final decision? 

I’m not privy to all that. I’d assume that it varies. I’m it’s like any major company. My BIL was one of 3 making major decisions at one of the largest companies in the world all but 25 years ago. In the end I’m sure the final say came to the head who was owner. But I think they don’t have standoffs.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 05:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What do they do when there is no agreement?

You gave your answer earlier unless you were just trolling......Paul Alexander
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 06:46 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m not privy to all that. I’d assume that it varies. 

So basically, you know nothing.

Thanks for sharing.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So basically, you know nothing.

Thanks for sharing.

No basically I’m privy to some things but not everything. But thanks for playing…. Fred Mertz you curmudgeon.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 09:32 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No basically I’m privy to some things but not everything. 

You are not privy to anything regarding who has the say on the picks.  So why waste our time with something meaningless like "They always agree except when they don't then I have no clue what happens."

I am not sure if you have any source at all, but if you do it then your source really doesn't know anything either.  You are being fed pablum and told it is meat.

It is just impossible for me to believe that three men always agree on every pick.  And it is very hard for me to believe that Mike Brown has the final authority on who we take.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 10:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are not privy to anything regarding who has the say on the picks.  So why waste our time with something meaningless like "They always agree except when they don't then I have no clue what happens."

I am not sure if you have any source at all, but if you do it then your source really doesn't know anything either.  You are being fed pablum and told it is meat.

It is just impossible for me to believe that three men always agree on every pick.

I really don’t give two _____ if you think I have any sources. Others know I definitely do. Never said they all agree on picks. I said they come to a decision. You obviously have zero clue how big business or corporations work. Management teams come to final agreements that serve them best. You baffle me. Sometimes you have great observations and deep deep dives but your common sense is horrible.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 10:39 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I really don’t give two _____ if you think I have any sources. Others know I definitely do. Never said they all agree on picks. I said they come to a decision. You obviously have zero clue how big business or corporations work. Management teams come to final agreements that serve them best. You baffle me. Sometimes you have great observations and deep deep dives but your common sense is horrible.

I have to agree with that. 
His posts can either be informative, or terribly lacking.

With that said, So far, of the 3 1st round picks on ZT's watch, i feel that they were all 3 no-brainers.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2022, 10:39 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote:  You obviously have zero clue how big business or corporations work. Management teams come to final agreements that serve them best. 

I know exactly how they work.  When there is a disagreement in upper management then one person has the authority to make the decision.  Since you are such a business expert give me the name of a company that does not work like that.

You certainly may "believe" that you have a "source" but he is feeding you a line of BS if he claims that Mike, Zac, and Tobin never disagree.

BTW I assume Tecmo will be posting to criticize you for telling me I know nothing about business.  At least he will if he is really concerned about the COC and not just stalking and harassing me.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 03:53 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I have to agree with that. 
His posts can either be informative, or terribly lacking.

With that said, So far, of the 3 1st round picks on ZT's watch, i feel that they were all 3 no-brainers.

I know for fact Zac likes players from top winning programs and team captains. Certainly they can’t all be team captains but they’ve got to come with the reputation for hard workers and love ball. He asked Duke and the scouting department to only bring those type of individuals. He asked them to look at their interactions with their teammates and coaches. He asked for more character discovery.

But no he’s not Nick Saban, Bill Parcells, or Bill Belicheck running every element of this franchise or draft.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 09:51 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I know for fact Zac likes players from top winning programs and team captains. Certainly they can’t all be team captains but they’ve got to come with the reputation for hard workers and love ball. He asked Duke and the scouting department to only bring those type of individuals. He asked them to look at their interactions with their teammates and coaches. He asked for more character discovery.

But no he’s not Nick Saban, Bill Parcells, or Bill Belicheck running every element of this franchise or draft.

For sure, this all stuff he talks about during press conferences and other interviews. 
Reply/Quote