Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jackson Carmen - hear me out
(08-15-2021, 12:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He put up some plays where MJ looked pretty good (there’s a couple like this one).

Yep. He had a couple really nice pass sets. I'd still like to see more consistent effort, especially when he has to get to the 2nd level and actually make a block. 

The entire line looked good on that play...other than Vogel getting pushed back a bit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 12:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He put up some plays where MJ looked pretty good (there’s a couple like this one).

I should clarify. When i said i didn't see anything "impressive", i meant as far as him standing out on a list for the game. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Only about half of second round picks become starters as rookies.  So most of them are still 2nd-3rd stringers themselves.

Exactly. A 2nd stringer vs 2nd and 3rd stringers. Yet he had enough raw talent to be a 2nd round pick, so he should at least dominate 3rd stringers and some 2nd stringers off that alone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 11:42 AM)bonesaw Wrote: By the way....Carman murder death killed a guy on 2nd and goal right before halftime.  Literally brought him to his knees and bent him backwards on to his back.  The play where Evans took it to the goal line on Carman's right side

Murder death killed... LMAO!!! Yeah saw the same thing. Need to call him Demolition Man or Simon Phoenix.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 12:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. He had a couple really nice pass sets. I'd still like to see more consistent effort, especially when he has to get to the 2nd level and actually make a block. 

The entire line looked good on that play...other than Vogel getting pushed back a bit.

Last night was the first I've seen much of Vogel. He definitely has the size if he can just pick up the technique.
Reply/Quote
Thread title needs to be edited. The kid’s name is Carman.

Also, obviously not our problem anymore, but our old friend Hart is in mid-season form already… :lol:

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 05:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Last night was the first I've seen much of Vogel. He definitely has the size if he can just pick up the technique.

Vogel struggled and Carman had to make up for it multiple times.

Sucks when you have someone with bad technique next to you on the OL. Think we need to start Carman with the 1's next game
and start gaining that chemistry if XSF isn't clearly the starter. We sure would know more about how good Carman is with Reiff at
RT and Hopkins at Center instead of having him have to play with Vogel and Sutherland on both sides of him.
Reply/Quote
He's a rookie playing a new position. It is what it is. He will probably be ok in a season and may turn into a starter in 3-4, but it was pretty optimistic to think the guy would start at a new position Day 1. Or day 301.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Sewell will start?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 06:05 PM)Benton Wrote: He's a rookie playing a new position. It is what it is. He will probably be ok in a season and may turn into a starter in 3-4, but it was pretty optimistic to think the guy would start at a new position Day 1. Or day 301.

?

3-4? Games or seasons? 301 days? I am confused?Confused
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 06:08 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I wonder if Sewell will start?

Nah. I heard they’re considering sending him to the CFL.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ?

3-4? Games or seasons? 301 days? I am confused?Confused

3-4 seasons if we're playing him as tackle. He's not ready for that.

But today or a year from now? Super unlikely.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 06:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah. I heard they’re considering sending him to the CFL.

Nervous

What?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 09:31 PM)Benton Wrote: Nervous

What?

Just being a smart ass. I’m officially tired of hearing about Penei Sewell. He’s a Lion. Get over it people.

Reply/Quote
I thought he looked good at times and also off a few times. It looked to me like he had a few bad plays. One I recall was in the 3rd quarter when I think it was Shurmur that threw an INT that was called back because of pass interference. If it was the same play I remember Carman got tossed on his rear during that. But he also seemed to have some good plays during the goal line downs. Growing pains. Still rooting for the guy to learn his new position and do well.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Since they’ve seen by now that Carman probably won’t be in the starting lineup anytime soon.Or for that matter,may not be starting at all this year.There should be a since of urgency to bring in a veteran starting caliber RG.A true RG that actually plays RG.It’s asking alot of a Rookie to step up and become starting material from college to NFL by game 1.Especially since almost all he played in college was left tackle.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 10:41 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Since they’ve seen by now that Carman probably won’t be in the starting lineup anytime soon.Or for that matter,may not be starting at all this year.There should be a since of urgency to bring in a veteran starting caliber RG.A true RG that actually plays RG.It’s asking alot of a Rookie to step up and become starting material from college to NFL by game 1.Especially since almost all he played in college was left tackle.

Seems like slim pickings right now if we are talking about bringing in a veteran RG that is worth a darn.  Admittedly I don't know a lot about current free agents but I'm guessing right now there are not a lot of quality guards hanging around waiting to be signed.  Might have to wait for some cuts from other teams and hope someone decent is made available.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2021, 10:41 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Since they’ve seen by now that Carman probably won’t be in the starting lineup anytime soon.Or for that matter,may not be starting at all this year.There should be a since of urgency to bring in a veteran starting caliber RG.A true RG that actually plays RG.It’s asking alot of a Rookie to step up and become starting material from college to NFL by game 1.Especially since almost all he played in college was left tackle.

No vet cut from another team will be good enough to start for us.

We may sign a guy for depth (more likely at OT) but we are not finding a starter from other team discards.
Reply/Quote
I wasn’t really focusing on Carman. I was mostly peeping D’Ante and our RT. Was Carman doing well in pass protection?

Besides the 2-3 plays where a free runner came through the line actually looked like it was pass blocking very well
-Housh
Reply/Quote

I don't think that is written in stone at all at this point. 
Reply/Quote