Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacksonville game
Did anybody see geno just KILL the jags left guard??
Reply/Quote
Peerman broke forearm
Reply/Quote
Vigil has a way to go. A few times he looked helpless, complete whiffs in open space.
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Preseason-Week-3-Bengals-Jaguars-GameDay-Thread
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Preseason-Week-3-Bengals-Jaguars-GameDay-Thread

Jpoore talking to himself and John shaft doing his own thing. This thread is hilarious!  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:45 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Vigil has a way to go. A few times he looked helpless, complete whiffs in open space.

Pretty much all backups on defense have looked pretty bad. And offense for that matter. All this talk of having so much depth compared to other teams and we're getting embarrassed in the second half of the game outside of the first drive. 

If possible, Hunt has looked even worse today. Multiple times he throw away like trash by a lineman and then just stood there.

Erickson has played pretty solid aside from the one bone headed punt. Had a couple nice plays on offense and 2 nice returns.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:46 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Jpoore talking to himself and John shaft doing his own thing. This thread is hilarious!  Hilarious
Ehh just dont wanna talk about netflix shows on a bengals gameday thread who does this??
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:54 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Pretty much all backups on defense have looked pretty bad. And offense for that matter. All this talk of having so much depth compared to other teams and we're getting embarrassed in the second half of the game outside of the first drive. 

If possible, Hunt has looked even worse today. Multiple times he throw away like trash by a lineman and then just stood there.  

Erickson has played pretty solid aside from the one bone headed punt. Had a couple nice plays on offense and 2 nice returns.
To be fair they had their first team offense out there a lot longer than we did 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: To be fair they had their first team offense out there a lot longer than we did 

Agreed. But Chad Henne and the gang tore them up more then Bortles. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:22 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Agreed. But Chad Henne and the gang tore them up more then Bortles. 

They did but by that point i feel we were on our borderline 4th team against their second when you get that deep all players are gonna look bad but hey our offense could be good 21-3? On first teamers? I like our team a lot better than going into the game 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 12:36 AM)Jpoore Wrote: They did but by that point i feel we were on our borderline 4th team against their second when you get that deep all players are gonna look bad but hey our offense could be good 21-3? On first teamers? I like our team a lot better than going into the game 

Agreed, the first team dominated, especially the defense despite what Bortles tries to excuse as them just being bad. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 11:59 PM)Jpoore Wrote: To be fair they had their first team offense out there a lot longer than we did 

Very disappointing loss. The backups on O and D look really bad. The Bengals' O got nothing in second half - 3 and out. The blocking was so bad that I feared for the QB's safety.

On Defense the middle of the line looked like a tackle-free zone.  Vigil impersonated Dre K repeatedly over running the play. Hunt continued to look useless even after Marvy got in his face on the bench. Hunt just has no heart for contact sport. Sick

Regret that Peerman was seriously injured, but he is way too slow to run wide and he doesn't have much punch inside either.
It is mind boggling to think these back up DBs were well regarded as college players. In the NFL not so much. Sad

I actually felt sorry for the Bengal coaches watching that second half. I hope they made up their minds about some of these football bodies. Cry
Reply/Quote
The problem with the second and third teams playing THAT badly is that it makes the decision process for the coaches a lot harder. Aside from Erickson who has been standing out all preseason everyone looked awful. Makes the cut decisions kind of foggy.
Reply/Quote
Licata and Wenning both looked lost out there. Didn't help that they got no blocking from the scrub OL.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know when the game will be replayed on the NFL network? I was out on business trip and u able to watch last night. Thanks
Reply/Quote
The backups gave up and 18 point lead. They were terrible.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:00 AM)Whacked Wrote: Does anyone know when the game will be replayed on the NFL network? I was out on business trip and u able to watch last night. Thanks

^^^
Reply/Quote
Video 
The 3s and 4s looked horrible, but that's why they play these games in preseason to separate the chaff from the wheat.
They can't keep everyone and they're cutting down to 75? After game 4 another 20 something go home too..
You gotta think that only a total jerk would enjoy telling all these young men that their lifetime dreams of playing in the NFL just aren't happening.. I would hate that part, but then again I've had to let people go who thought they could cut it at my job(s)..Once in awhile you're glad to get rid of someone, but most times it's not fun.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We certainly lost the "deepest team in the AFC" narrative last night. The reserves all played uninspired and no one looked like they deserved a spot on the 53 or practice squad.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
In this game all you want is for your Ones to look better than the other team and come out of it without any major injuries.

Our Ones looked much better than the Jags and they are a young talented team and have drafted very well lately.

Peerman was the only major injury and i wanted Carson to make the team anyways.

Also, Hunt actually looked much better this game but i still would rather keep Ryan Brown over him. Clarke looked good once again.

So overall i am very excited going into the regular season. Dalton looks great again, AJ, Geno, Dunlap, MJ, Maualuga, Rey, Shawn,
etc. all seem to be in their prime and with Boyd, Core and Erickson we have some talented youth at Wideout. When Eifert is back
we should make a serious run at the whole enchilada.
Reply/Quote