Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacques Patrick
Just watched some highlights of the guy. I think his best comp is Brandon Jacobs. Big dude that can get skinny in the hole when he needs to. I like him as the #3 this year with goal line duties. Possible #2 next season?
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 08:15 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I didn't realize how big that dude is. He's a monster! A 6'3" 231 RB? Holy $&@#!!!!

Yeah, big physical Back man.

(08-22-2020, 09:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'll bet he can lay some mean blocks on 'teams.

He likes to hit people...

(08-22-2020, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s almost Derrick Henry size.

About the same and Patrick can catch. Not Henry's speed though, Henry has another gear that even Mixon cannot match.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 10:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Just watched some highlights of the guy. I think his best comp is Brandon Jacobs. Big dude that can get skinny in the hole when he needs to. I like him as the #3 this year with goal line duties. Possible #2 next season?

Close comparison for sure. Love that type of RB.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Close comparison for sure. Love that type of RB.

I always liked the Christian Okoye, Mike Alstott type back too. With LBs getting smaller and faster it kinda makes sense to have a monster RB with some speed that LBs and DBs think twice about tackling.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:31 PM)Tony Wrote: Boogie man is my top 3 RBs for the Bengals all time. He had a 3 year window where he just dominated and ran hard and trucked like no other. He destroyed that ***** Troy Paulomaulu. 2 games I will never forget is the revenge game against the bears and the Jets playoff game. He single handley kept us in that game and Scummy Palmer shit it away...

That revenge game was one of the most complete games I have ever seen from the Bengals (at least in person...I didn't start having season tickets until 1995).

I think if how Ced was pounding them and play-action was open all day to the likes of Henry, Chad, and TJ.  One of those rare games where it all just clicked.  
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/rWjMRRy00dg

WTF did I just watch??

I thought we were getting this guy....

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 11:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: WTF did I just watch??

I thought we were getting this guy....

A clip from one of the funniest movies ever made.

I don’t know anything about that wrestling stuff. Not my cup of tea.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 09:59 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I always liked the Christian Okoye, Mike Alstott type back too. With LBs getting smaller and faster it kinda makes sense to have a monster RB with some speed that LBs and DBs think twice about tackling.
The Nigerian Nightmare.  DB's ran away from that guy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 09:59 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I always liked the Christian Okoye, Mike Alstott type back too. With LBs getting smaller and faster it kinda makes sense to have a monster RB with some speed that LBs and DBs think twice about tackling.

Works for the Titans with Henry, why not be that other physical running team in the AFC and beat up on teams.

Would love to see us run it at will on the Steelers and just physically dominate them.

So true about how the Linebackers are getting smaller, punish'em.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 09:59 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I always liked the Christian Okoye, Mike Alstott type back too. With

getting smaller and faster it kinda makes sense to have a monster RB with some speed that LBs and DBs think twice about tackling.

Alstott was one of my all time favorite players. If we could match a big bruiser like that with Mixon and Gio....
Reply/Quote
Save the money on gio and sign mixon

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:29 PM)Okeana Wrote: Save the money on gio and sign mixon

Love Gio but if this is what has to be done I am sort of for it. Gio just hasn't been the same the last 3 years or so.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Gio but if this is what has to be done I am sort of for it. Gio just hasn't been the same the last 3 years or so.

Yeah this guys story is something that I really am getting behind because he basically came from the XFL which is a really amazing story and shows how important these leagues are. I feel like Gio is just a lesser version of Mixon at this point and we really need a guy who has the size to play as a power back. Either way I really have always liked Giovanni so I don’t really want to see him get cut and if we can roll with four backs even better

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:46 PM)Okeana Wrote: Yeah this guys story is something that I really am getting behind because he basically came from the XFL which is a really amazing story and shows how important these leagues are.  I feel like Gio is just a lesser version of Mixon at this point and we really need a guy who has the size to play as a power back.  Either way I really have always liked Giovanni so I don’t really want to see him get cut and if we can roll with four backs even better

I have heard from the Noles fans on here that Patrick was just behind some really good backs there. I watched Patrick in the XFL
this year and he really impressed me. The only reason I am against moving on from Gio to get Mixon signed this year is because 
Traveon hasn't shown anything as a pro yet except being injured.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 02:29 PM)McC Wrote: The Nigerian Nightmare.  DB's ran away from that guy.

Even in Tecmo Super Bowl. There was just a trail of trucked defenders in his wake.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 03:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Alstott was one of my all time favorite players. If we could match a big bruiser like that with Mixon and Gio....

Love me some Alstott as well. I think he would even more dominant in todays game than when he played. Just my opinion. Boiler Up!
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 08:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like both but Mixon will need a breather now and then and Patrick is even more physical than Mixon in short yardage IMO.
He has not proven himself at all in the NFL so you really don;t know that.. but we know what Mixon brings to the table and 95% of the time if im needing a 1st down or TD.. he gets the ball over Patrick.. if he even makes the team..
Reply/Quote
his draft profile says he has good hands so not negative in the pass game just not elusive in open field.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2020, 07:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love Gio but if this is what has to be done I am sort of for it. Gio just hasn't been the same the last 3 years or so.

I forget who, but someone was saying how they were using him much more as a receiver this year...not sure if it was wishful thinking, but makes sense.  
Reply/Quote
Gio played over 40% of the offensive snaps last year. He just did not get a lot of touches.
Reply/Quote