Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jacques Patrick
(08-23-2020, 11:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has not proven himself at all in the NFL so you really don;t know that.. but we know what Mixon brings to the table and 95% of the time if im needing a 1st down or TD.. he gets the ball over Patrick.. if he even makes the team..

Dude is a load, think he could get the 1st or a TD everytime in short yardage.

But yeah, Mixon needs to ball most the time. I am only talking about spelling him at times.

(08-24-2020, 09:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I forget who, but someone was saying how they were using him much more as a receiver this year...not sure if it was wishful thinking, but makes sense.  

Need to use Mixon as a Receiver much more as well.

(08-24-2020, 09:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Gio played over 40% of the offensive snaps last year.  He just did not get a lot of touches.

Great at picking up the blitz and a Receiver out of the backfield. I just think Gio is getting overpaid.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 01:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But yeah, Mixon needs to ball most the time. I am only talking about spelling him at times.

Need to use Mixon as a Receiver much more as well.

Absolutely.  I think a lot of Gio's lack of production stemmed from teams not fearing being beat over the top.  They knew their pass rush would get home and the Bengals didn't have the home run threat...I don't remember Dalton throwing many deep balls at all.  I remember when Flaccid and the ratbirds would take 4-5 deep shots a game to go for a big play, but also to keep teams playing deep. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely.  I think a lot of Gio's lack of production stemmed from teams not fearing being beat over the top.  They knew their pass rush would get home and the Bengals didn't have the home run threat...I don't remember Dalton throwing many deep balls at all.  I remember when Flaccid and the ratbirds would take 4-5 deep shots a game to go for a big play, but also to keep teams playing deep. 

Yes sir, keeps teams honest when they fear the deep ball and opens up the running game.

Hoping pass protection is much better this year for Burrow, with Jonah on his left side, Jordan improving, Hop being decent
it could be. Hope XSF is an upgrade at RG or Price shows up and starts playing decent. Maybe Fred Johnson pushes Hart 
and either Hart becomes good or FJ does. Adeniji I really like as well. Think we could really improve on the O-line this year.

We need it badly for Burrow and company to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2020, 02:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir, keeps teams honest when they fear the deep ball and opens up the running game.

Hoping pass protection is much better this year for Burrow, with Jonah on his left side, Jordan improving, Hop being decent
it could be. Hope XSF is an upgrade at RG or Price shows up and starts playing decent. Maybe Fred Johnson pushes Hart 
and either Hart becomes good or FJ does. Adeniji I really like as well. Think we could really improve on the O-line this year.

We need it badly for Burrow and company to succeed.

Compared to last year at this time, we are already leaps and bounds improved.  Even if you say "well, Jonah hasn't done it live" or something, they had John Jerry and Andre Smith splitting time at LT in week 1, a 21 year old rookie pressed in to duty at RG, Hopkins first year as full-time starter at Center.  They are already in MUCH better position than last year.  

If XSF pans out to be better than Miller and Hart continues to reduce his penalties (he was already a fairly solid run blocker) then the line should be solid at the very least.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Compared to last year at this time, we are already leaps and bounds improved.  Even if you say "well, Jonah hasn't done it live" or something, they had John Jerry and Andre Smith splitting time at LT in week 1, a 21 year old rookie pressed in to duty at RG, Hopkins first year as full-time starter at Center.  They are already in MUCH better position than last year.  

If XSF pans out to be better than Miller and Hart continues to reduce his penalties (he was already a fairly solid run blocker) then the line should be solid at the very least.  

Don't know if it's coach speak but apparently their has been dramatic improvement all across the board with the offensive line. the limited amount media gets to see they are seeing improvement as well. Johnson and Price are pushing XSF which is a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2020, 09:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Compared to last year at this time, we are already leaps and bounds improved.  Even if you say "well, Jonah hasn't done it live" or something, they had John Jerry and Andre Smith splitting time at LT in week 1, a 21 year old rookie pressed in to duty at RG, Hopkins first year as full-time starter at Center.  They are already in MUCH better position than last year.  

You meant LG where Jordan started, Miller was the RG. But yeah, we are in a lot better place this year on the OL and at LB.

Our 2 biggest weaknesses have been improved. 

Gives me hope that Taylor and these coaches actually know what they are doing.

(08-25-2020, 09:29 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Don't know if it's coach speak but apparently their has been dramatic improvement all across the board with the offensive line. the limited amount media gets to see they are seeing improvement as well. Johnson and Price are pushing XSF which is a good thing.

Don't say a good thing, reminds me of Marv lol
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 01:42 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Competing for a RB spot.We may have found a diamond in the rough reports are he is lighting up training camp

Well that diamond is still rough since he got cut.. did they sign him to practice squad?
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 08:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well that diamond is still rough since he got cut.. did they sign him to practice squad?

He did make the practice squad.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When he trucked Polamalu that was epic. Left him stumbling off the field like a *****. Was awesome.

When the Boogie Man was back there teams just didn't like defending us, they knew we were going to hit you in the mouth.

Want to get back to this style of play similar to what Henry and the Titans did last year.

With Mixon and Patrick we could do this. Then have our change of pace backs in Gio and Traveon.

We would need #74 to be "eligibile"   Hilarious

Seriously, though...that unbalanced line could work in short yardage with the extra tackle being Fred Johnson???

My biggest regret is we never had a trick play out of that formation where they took a shot with a pass...
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2020, 08:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He did make the practice squad.

Happy about this.

(09-08-2020, 09:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We would need #74 to be "eligibile"   Hilarious

Seriously, though...that unbalanced line could work in short yardage with the extra tackle being Fred Johnson???

My biggest regret is we never had a trick play out of that formation where they took a shot with a pass...

Good Ole Roland lol

So true about the trick play, also hated it that we never took our free shot when the Defense went Offsides on us...

This always got to me big time. Whatever 

Glad Marv is gone just because of this. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Happy about this.

Good Ole Roland lol

So true about the trick play, also hated it that we never took our free shot when the Defense went Offsides on us...

This always got to me big time. Whatever 

Glad Marv is gone just because of this. Mellow

So true...And at LEAST a couple times, the defense got back onsides and Palmer took a knee, effectively taking a sack.  God, did that ever piss me off.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 06:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So true...And at LEAST a couple times, the defense got back onsides and Palmer took a knee, effectively taking a sack.  God, did that ever piss me off.  

You and me feel the same!!! Shocked

WHY!!!!Gaah
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 06:32 PM)Tony Wrote: Boogie man from the WWE would have been funnier...
I'm a huge wrestling fan since Hogan and Andre at wrestlemania 3.. Ultimate warrior all time favorite.. How did Ced get this nickname anyway? 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 01:46 AM)Tony Wrote: I'm a huge wrestling fan since Hogan and Andre at wrestlemania 3.. Ultimate warrior all time favorite.. How did Ced get this nickname anyway? 

I don't remember precisely but I think it was after he trucked Polamalu sending him into a stupor we started calling him that.
Reply/Quote