Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jags working on deal with Eifert
(03-24-2020, 09:43 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Unless we’re in the front office, we don’t know how many ppl called.

But plenty of NFL people whom we trust reported there was lots of interest in I-Fart. And Dalton. And Green.

Nobody was in the front office... Remember?

Switzerland or Sweden or some shit. The faux outrage around here was palatable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
TE is right up there with LB now as one of our weakest position groups. We better see some pass catching ability out of 2nd round Sample...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
How about some top notch blocking TEs that protect Burrow?

Did Taylor see anything great out of TEs at the Senior Bowl we can draft later on?
Reply/Quote
How do the Jags go from such a talented team (on the verge of a super bowl appearance) to the worst team in football? They have lost virtually all their best players. They signed Eifert and Dennard who are severely injury prone. They spend big on a linebacker, but who else do they have on defense at this point? That contract could come back to bite them. They got burned on the Foles deal. They could be competing for the number one overall pick next year.
Reply/Quote
Wanted them to keep Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 09:43 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Unless we’re in the front office, we don’t know how many ppl called.

But plenty of NFL people whom we trust reported there was lots of interest in I-Fart. And Dalton. And Green.
Like who?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Rookie TEs rarely have any impact at all. There are very few exceptions. So I am not writing Sample off.

I am not sad to see Eifert go. He looked older than Witten running around out there last year.

Carter showed up a couple times. Uzi is serviceable. And Sample has 3 years left on his rookie contract. Throw in Shrek and Franks and we are not in horrible shape. I think our top 3 are already locked in. Uzi Sample Carter. Would love to add Moss to that. But we are not desperate for TE help.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Rookie TEs rarely have any impact at all. There are very few exceptions. So I am not writing Sample off.

I am not sad to see Eifert go. He looked older than Witten running around out there last year.

Carter showed up a couple times. Uzi is serviceable. And Sample has 3 years left on his rookie contract. Throw in Shrek and Franks and we are not in horrible shape. I think our top 3 are already locked in. Uzi Sample Carter. Would love to add Moss to that. But we are not desperate for TE help.

Jury is still out on Sample, but most of these guys are not starters on good teams.

Reply/Quote
Signed 2 year deal with Jags

BTW, he was on a 1 year deal so we can't trade someone not under contract
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
an awful lot of money for someone with Eifert's injury history. But good for him, He's worked hard to rehab and deserves a shot

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yikes

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TE is right up there with LB now as one of our weakest position groups. We better see some pass catching ability out of 2nd round Sample...

Sample can catch, and caught just about everything that went to him, which was one or two passes. The fact he came from a college that used him almost exclusively to block doesn't mean he can't catch. His college coach said as much.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:14 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sample can catch, and caught just about everything that went to him, which was one or two passes. The fact he came from a college that used him almost exclusively to block doesn't mean he can't catch. His college coach said as much.

Great. Let’s see it in the NFL. He’s going to get a lot more opportunities with Eifert gone.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 09:48 PM)jason Wrote: Nobody was in the front office... Remember?

Switzerland or Sweden or some shit. The faux outrage around here was palatable.

My outrage wasn't faux. I was utterly disgusted with the FO at that point.
However
This FA period is the best I  can remember from this bunch.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Donald Parham TE of the Dallas Renegades XFL. What does it hurt to bring him in as a replacement for Eifert? To me there is no difference in him or Sample or Carter.
Reply/Quote
15.5????? Holy Overpay, Batman. If that’s what he wanted, I’m fine with letting him go. That is s shocking number.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-24-2020, 11:01 PM)McC Wrote: Like who?

Schefter, for one. Pellissaro too.

Just the fact that he got 15.5 mil on the open market shows there was demand for his services.

Reply/Quote
Katherine Terrell. Jeff Howe.

Reply/Quote
Just a brutal injury history Eifert had here.

2013....shoulder stinger
2014...shoulder labrum tear
2014...dislocated elbow
2015...neck stinger
2015....concussion
2016....ankle ligament tear
2016....back bruise
2016...back lower lumbar
2017...knee strain
2017...back vertical bulge
2018...ankle fracture
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:33 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Donald Parham TE of the Dallas Renegades XFL.  What does it hurt to bring him in as a replacement for Eifert?  To me there is no difference in him or Sample or Carter.

why bring in an asset that doesn't add to what you have?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote