Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake Fisher-converting to TE
(03-03-2019, 05:41 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: So then he will move to tight end and suddenly be a great blocker?  I wish him well, though.  Thought Obeuhi, would bust fairly early, but held out hope for Fisher for awhile.

The  destruction of our offensive line started with the senseless losses of Whitworth and Zeitler, and followed with the double bust of Ced and Fisher.

The scary thing I once read was that IF Ced wasn't there, the Bengals may have taken Fisher in the 1st Round. So they thought they hit the lotto getting both most likely.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 11:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hart is not a Bengal.  He is a free agent.

Correct. I don't believe we actually have a RT on the current roster...so we need to add likely atleast 2 and a Guard.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2019, 11:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Correct. I don't believe we actually have a RT on the current roster...so we need to add likely atleast 2 and a Guard.

As someone else already said Fisher is a free agent also.
Reply/Quote
Kind of interesting that we're bringing in Ceds college o-line coach. Ced is a free agent. I know in years past the Bengals would have re-signed him for a year in that scenario...but man is that a tough PR sell.
Reply/Quote
I really hope Fisher pans out at TE. I don't think it will be here, but he seems like a good dude who had a bad break with the heart issue.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I really hope Fisher pans out at TE. I don't think it will be here, but he seems like a good dude who had a bad break with the heart issue.

This.  Two years ago there was a story about how he had quit taking some of his medication because he thought it was making him sluggish.  Then a year later he has to have a "procedure" to address the problem.

Tough break.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 01:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think it's good for Fisher that he accepts that he really isn't a serviceable NFL lineman. 

Interested to see if he can make the transition.

couldn't stay healthy at the weight they needed for OL maybe the lesser weight will help his back
Reply/Quote
I give props to him for willing to admit he hasn't had success as OL and willing to go back to TE. It's unfortunate that he's going for primarily a blocking TE, as that's losing value (mainly in $$) more as the years go by, but it's still something.
Best of luck to Jake Fisher.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 11:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  Two years ago there was a story about how he had quit taking some of his medication because he thought it was making him sluggish.  Then a year later he has to have a "procedure" to address the problem.

Tough break.

As someone who takes heart medicine, I can tell you some days it's like walking through molasses.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 09:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No, I'm afraid that PA gets a pass on Jake Fisher.  He was actually showing signs of being productive, prior to the heart issue.  He may never have developed into an All-Pro, but I always felt like he had the ability to be at least a solid starter.  I'm sure the move to lose weight and try being a TE has as much to do with his general health issues as anything.

But, as for Ogbuehi, Bodine, and several others that never caught their stride, yes, all on Paul Alexander.

Being a TE is suddenly a healthy option on this team? I sounds suspiciously a bit like saying, "Tired of fatty foods? Try rat poison for breakfast instead!" To be fair though Fisher might be taking blood thinners anyway.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This reminds me of a time I was working for an organization that was going to get rid of me and I was like "What does this company need the most? Yeah, I'm really good at that thing, actually...yep!"
Reply/Quote
I want to point out he is a Free Agent at this point. The news is he is going to work out for teams as a possible TE. The key word here is teams. Meaning more than one. Meaning other teams.

If I had my way the Bengals would keep almost none of the players going free agent and free up around 30 million ball park amount to spend on better players than these slugs on last place Bengals. I would say adios to Og and Fish, Eifert, Burfict. and many others. So let these Bengals try other positions with other teams. I'm hoping in a few weeks they aren't Bengals

The exception is the new coaches. If they feel they can get something out of a couple of these slugs, I will support the new coaches in their New Direction for team. The good news is nobody will stay because Marvin liked them, that is ancient history. I'm still for freeing up as much money as possible for the new coaches.

Fisher at TE sounds a little slow with bad hands at a high price. Let some other team try this, maybe the Canadian Football League.

With all new coaches and Marvin gone, get out the broom this March and do some house cleaning. Let the Bengals free agents go to other teams. Free up mege millions for new coaches to get THEIR players instead of stuck with Marvin players. I'm ready for the complete rebuild of this last place team. Long over due per people like Carson Palmer and Boomer Esiason. Give this team the right Direction, but that includes the right Players with the right Mind Set and right Skills.

NEW DEY
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2019, 02:28 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: Ogbuehi should follow suit.

He should never be near a football field again.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 02:40 PM)grampahol Wrote:  "Tired of fatty foods? Try rat poison for breakfast instead!" To be fair though Fisher might be taking blood thinners anyway.. 

I hope Fisher is on a more advanced blood thinner than Warfarin.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 03:42 PM)kevin Wrote:   I would say adios to Og and Fish, Eifert, Burfict. and many others. 

I don't know about the "many others" but I agree with all the ones you named.

We have had very few "elite" players recently, but when they were healthy Eifert and Burfict were in that class.  The only others would be Whit, AJ, and Geno.  It is tough for a team as thin as us to lose 40% of their game changers to injuries.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2019, 11:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know about the "many others" but I agree with all the ones you named.

We have had very few "elite" players recently, but when they were healthy Eifert and Burfict were in that class.  The only others would be Whit, AJ, and Geno.

Hopefully Mixon and Boyd make that list soon.
Reply/Quote
Sounds good - maybe Andy could develop into a serviceable Offensive Guard...
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2019, 03:42 PM)kevin Wrote: I want to point out he is a Free Agent at this point. The news is he is going to work out for teams as a possible TE.   The key word here is teams.  Meaning more than one. Meaning other teams.  

If I had my way the Bengals would keep almost none of the players going free agent and free up around 30 million ball park amount to spend on better players than these slugs on last place Bengals.  I would say adios to Og and Fish, Eifert, Burfict. and many others.  So let these Bengals try other positions with other teams.  I'm hoping in a few weeks they aren't Bengals

The exception is the new coaches. If they feel they can get something out of a couple of these slugs, I will support the new coaches in their New Direction for team.  The good news is nobody will stay because Marvin liked them, that is ancient history. I'm still for freeing up as much money as possible for the new coaches.  

Fisher at TE sounds a little slow with bad hands at a high price.  Let some other team try this, maybe the Canadian Football League.

With all new coaches and Marvin gone, get out the broom this March and do some house cleaning. Let the Bengals free agents go to other teams.  Free up mege millions for new coaches to get THEIR players instead of stuck with Marvin players.  I'm ready for the complete rebuild of this last place team. Long over due per people like Carson Palmer and Boomer Esiason.  Give this team the right Direction, but that includes the right Players with the right Mind Set and right Skills.

NEW DEY
New dey. I like it!
Anxious to see what FA brings, though.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote