Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ramsey in Dre out.
(09-19-2019, 09:10 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I know I am just dreaming but why don't the Bengals do trades like the rest of the NFL? I know Ramsey is a head case but if he wasn't he wouldn't be available. Dre is crap and he proves it week in and week out. Ramsey plays with a chip on his shoulder which is a valuable asset for a CB you can leave on an island. If they gave up a first rounder ,so what. Our first rounders have been terrible anyway.

They are going for the top pick, can't give that up.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Trading for top talent? HA! The Bengals have their eyes set on the most injured for the first round pick and close to injured for the 2nd. That's the way they roll dontcha know?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 10:11 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I still believe that Dre is the biggest liability on this defense.

He isn't.  People usually hate him because of his contract  or because of his swagger, but he is not that bad of a CB.  Last year he allowed the 4th lowest completion percentage (52.4) of any cornerback in the league and according to Profootballoutsiders his success rate in pass coverage was also 4th best among CBs.  ("success rate" is calculated based on down and distance.  For example allowing a completion under 5 yards on first-and-ten would be a success, but allowing a 4 yard completion on 3rd-and-4 would be a failure).  He ranked 21st in their "yards per target".

Dre I not a great CB, but he is far from the failure many people around here try to claim.  I think they just dislike him for other reasons which cause them to ignore his good plays and obsess over his mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2019, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He isn't.  People usually hate him because of his contract  or because of his swagger, but he is not that bad of a CB.  Last year he allowed the 4th lowest completion percentage (52.4) of any cornerback in the league and according to Profootballoutsiders his success rate in pass coverage was also 4th best among CBs.  ("success rate" is calculated based on down and distance.  For example allowing a completion under 5 yards on first-and-ten would be a success, but allowing a 4 yard completion on 3rd-and-4 would be a failure).  He ranked 21st in their "yards per target".

Dre I not a great CB, but he is far from the failure many people around here try to claim.  I think they just dislike him for other reasons which cause them to ignore his good plays and obsess over his mistakes.

What about the penalty issues and poor tackling issues with Dre?It’s not just about how well he defends against the pass.
Reply/Quote