Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamaal Bowman, primaried...
(06-27-2024, 02:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You've hit the issue I most have a problem with here.  AIPAC is hardly unique, nor as you point out even close to the most shady PAC.  Yet it seems to be singled out quite a lot, especially by members of "the squad".  Bowman did so here, Bush just singled them out today.  Omar and Tlaib have singled them out in the past.  It makes one wonder if there's more at play here than simple objection to PAC's and money in politics.  

Well, I suppose so. I guess what's certainly in play is that some of these people are not quite aligned with AIPACs goals and have a different take on Israel's actions in Gaza. Which I can't blame people for in principle - up to a point at least. Especially Ilhan Omar sure has crossed the line in that regard for me, possibly others too.

I would however agree in principle that one probably shouldn't just mention AIPAC without also mentioning that interest groups donating money to politicians is generally problematic, which I sure think it is, in any instance really.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2024, 12:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The redistricting, done by an overwhelmingly Democratic state government, certainly didn't help his cause.  I think his rambling diatribes, pulling a fire alarm to delay a vote and stating that women being gang raped on 10/07 was "propaganda" were probably bigger factors.

As an aside, the next "man" up, Cori Bush, is now stating that AIPAC is a "threat to democracy."  Seriously, the Dems have really worn that taking point paper thin.

https://x.com/CoriBush/status/1806033475490979873

[Image: starship-troopers-paul-verhoeven.gif]

Anything or anyone that is against the Dem/Prog ideology/narrative is a threat to democracy at this point. Kind of stale. Just like all the lies and labeling people as ists, phobes, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote