Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jamar Chase
(09-18-2023, 03:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That’s got a lot more to do with his college buddy Joe and the walking grapefruit they call coach.

Chase is a proven commodity and they need to be finding ways to get him the ***** ball.

They try that with the little screens/sweeps that never work.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our genius play caller(s) just needs to find ways to get Chase the ball period.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:36 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Our genius play caller(s) just needs to find ways to get Chase the ball period.

And that doesn’t mean a thousand bubble screens. You drafted the dude to stretch the field. So do it.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And that doesn’t mean a thousand bubble screens. You drafted the dude to stretch the field. So do it.

Omg we can’t execute a screen for shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Some of y'all need to go touch some grass.

What kind of grass?

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And that doesn’t mean a thousand bubble screens. You drafted the dude to stretch the field. So do it.

Im sure part of the problem is Burrow is 0-12 throwing the ball over 15 yards.. that is a rough stat to overcome
Reply/Quote
I'm in the camp that is in awe of all the things they do to scheme Tyreek Hill open.
They design some nice routes for Jefferson in Minn. too.

It's very rare that I'm in awe of our schemes.
To me it seems like we rely too much on their skill beating opponents.

If this team had an elite OC and a healthy Burrow we'd be blowing out opponents.

I don't blame Chase for being frustrated.
I'd be frustrated to see how badly they mismanaged Burrow's injury and to see him up against a well designed defense and no well designed scheme to combat it.

I still think with a healthy Burrow we're in great shape to make the playoffs.
Lots of talent on this team in terms of players. Health will be the key.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:04 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm in the camp that is in awe of all the things they do to scheme Tyreek Hill open.

If this team had an elite OC and a healthy Burrow we'd be blowing out opponents.

I'd be frustrated to see how badly they mismanaged Burrow's injury and to see him up against a well designed defense and no well designed scheme to combat it.

Health and coaching. But you’re right, with the players we have we should be dominating teams, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Here is the scary part, We are the only team in the league that has the same coaching staff the past 3 years. How the hell is this team playing this damn bad. Mind blowing.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:04 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm in the camp that is in awe of all the things they do to scheme Tyreek Hill open.

Again my question is, why don’t the Bengals just copy the stuff they do for Jefferson and Hill? It seems like such a simple concept.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 07:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What kind of grass?

I only touch crabgrass, obviously. 

EDIT - this was supposed to be a lame joke about being crabby, not some sort of dirty sexual innuendo.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I only touch crabgrass, obviously. 

EDIT - this was supposed to be a lame joke about being crabby, not some sort of dirty sexual innuendo.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47eljht7n3l33a5nt7rh...y.gif&ct=g]

Reply/Quote
Chase frustration aside I think we should keep Tee he will cost less than Chase and draft an absolute burner.
Reply/Quote
Without Ja’Marr Chase drawing coverage to his side of the field Tee Higgins would not be getting open. If you remove Chase from the field then coverage rolls in Higgins’ direction. One elite wide receiver is insufficient.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Im sure part of the problem is Burrow is 0-12 throwing the ball over 15 yards.. that is a rough stat to overcome

The quick stuff isn’t working either though. Take your shots and let your playmakers make plays.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Without Ja’Marr Chase drawing coverage to his side of the field Tee Higgins would not be getting open.  If you remove Chase from the field then coverage rolls in Higgins’ direction.  One elite wide receiver is insufficient.

Higgins was getting open before BC (before Chase). Just saying…

TBS, don’t get rid of Chase for crying out loud. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:29 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Trade Chase Keep Higgins.  Been saying this.   and of course he is frustrated he is not contributing to a winning football team.

I posted in the off season on how I think Higgins is better than Chase and I believe it more now. Chase runs his mouth too much and doesn’t walk the talk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I only touch crabgrass, obviously. 

Simply use LESCO broadcast spreader set to 16 w/ crabgrass preventer
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 07:02 AM)SladeX Wrote: Higgins was getting open before BC (before Chase). Just saying…

TBS, don’t get rid of Chase for crying out loud. 

Higs was getting O BC, JS. TBS, don't get rid of Chase for COL!
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 08:03 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Higs was getting O BC, JS. TBS, don't get rid of Chase for COL!

My lord, do you young ones speak English anymore?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Went to the game yesterday and was watching Chase a lot in the second half. Dude's body language was terrible. Throwing his hands up, slamming his helmet on the sideline. It also looked like he was actively trying to check himself out of the game and was giving up on routes.

Cause for concern or just frustrated in the moment?

Probably frustrated.

I wasn't watching him super closely...was he getting double-covered a lot, or just DBs sticking to him well?

I know Burrow is having to get the ball out quickly through these two games (2.2 seconds average time to throw, IIRC), so Chase might not be getting open quickly enough due to routes being asked to run.

Pure speculation on my part because I don't have the interest to go back and watch a recorded game for multiple hours again.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote