Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jamar Chase
Went to the game yesterday and was watching Chase a lot in the second half. Dude's body language was terrible. Throwing his hands up, slamming his helmet on the sideline. It also looked like he was actively trying to check himself out of the game and was giving up on routes.

Cause for concern or just frustrated in the moment?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Went to the game yesterday and was watching Chase a lot in the second half. Dude's body language was terrible. Throwing his hands up, slamming his helmet on the sideline. It also looked like he was actively trying to check himself out of the game and was giving up on routes.

Trade Chase Keep Higgins.  Been saying this.   and of course he is frustrated he is not contributing to a winning football team.
Reply/Quote
I bet people on this board was doing more than that during the game
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:32 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I bet people on this board was doing more than that during the game

Do you think anyone told Chase if he was so upset that he should go play for the Steelers?
Reply/Quote
Chase is supposed to be an elite playmaker - well he has displayed zero playmaking ability elite or otherwise this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:55 PM)Joelist Wrote: Chase is supposed to be an elite playmaker - well he has displayed zero playmaking ability elite or otherwise this season.

That’s got a lot more to do with his college buddy Joe and the walking grapefruit they call coach.

Chase is a proven commodity and they need to be finding ways to get him the ***** ball.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:08 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: That’s got a lot more to do with his college buddy Joe and the walking grapefruit they call coach.

Chase is a proven commodity and they need to be finding ways to get him the ***** ball.

Some of the posters lack the critical thinking and analytic skills to see anything other than whats in a vaccum. 

"Player A isn't putting up numbers or his production isn't there so it's soley his fault and he isn't making plays."
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Breaking News: Competitive player not happy during losses. More at 11.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
We still have 15 more games. At his rate we are going to run out of players to turn on by week 5.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I didn’t see him on the play but someone in the GD thread said Chase was wide open for a TD when Burrow threw that Dalton-like pick in the red zone.

Don’t like to see him react that way but maybe he has a right to be frustrated. However, he also needs to quit talking smack that he’s not backing up.
Reply/Quote
Joe played awful through 2 games. I'm watching the games though and chase was getting no separation on Ravens. He was getting open against Browns Joe just couldn't get him the ball. I thing Chase has the potential to be the goat when a number 2 corner plays you man and shuts you down it is concerning
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: We still have 15 more games. At his rate we are going to run out of players to turn on by week 5.

Too late for me - I have already turned on all of them!

(Not that way you pervs!)
Reply/Quote
Some of y'all need to go touch some grass.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Went to the game yesterday and was watching Chase a lot in the second half. Dude's body language was terrible. Throwing his hands up, slamming his helmet on the sideline. It also looked like he was actively trying to check himself out of the game and was giving up on routes.

I guess the issue is at what points in the game was he doing those things. If after a failed 3rd down, and he was headed to or on the sidelines, then throwing his hands up and slamming his helmet would seem to be expressing his passion to win. He doesn't have to be Joe Cool. He's a wide receiver.  It would be nice to know the players are passionate during the game.

Now, if he was giving up on routes that is another thing, but you're the first person that I've seen report that. And "actively trying to check himself out of the game"? I'm not sure what is meant by that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 02:29 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Trade Chase Keep Higgins.  Been saying this.   and of course he is frustrated he is not contributing to a winning football team.

Currently Higgins is the most productive of the 2. They both do things great, but give me the guy that consistently goes up for the contested catches instead of waiting for big splash plays. Our coaching staff has no clue how to get Chase open. Slants across the middle should be a regular route for Chase. Can the darn lateral pass behind the line of scrimmage. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
He sees Jefferson, Waddle, and DeVonta all being helped by their OCs to put up big numbers heading to their paydays, and he is on pace for under 600 yards at a mediocre RB's yards per catch.

His yards were still there last year, but Zac has never found a way to use him in a way that lets him run wild like he did his rookie year. Or that many other OCs manage to find ways for their elite playmakers.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Some of y'all need to go touch some grass.

I'm actually doing that now by obsessively lurking in JN and not the politics subforum.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:19 PM)Mer Wrote: Currently Higgins is the most productive of the 2. They both do things great, but give me the guy that consistently goes up for the contested catches instead of waiting for big splash plays. Our coaching staff has no clue how to get Chase open. Slants across the middle should be a regular route for Chase. Can the darn lateral pass behind the line of scrimmage. 

In our first game Higgins literally had 0 catches for 0 yards on 8 attempts. I agree thr coaching staff struggles to scheme guys open.

It's game 2 guys. What are we doing here? 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 03:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm actually doing that now by obsessively lurking in JN and not the politics subforum.

It is the online equivalent.

It's just as toxic these days, unfortunately. 
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Chase beat his man and got open for an easy TD yesterday on the play where Burrow threw the pick.

Reply/Quote