Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Comey Press Con. At 11am
So the non-partisan Elijah LOL was mad they didn't have a hearing about a guy who pled guilty? And they actually did have a hearing when requested? Elijah is always good for a laugh.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-07-2016, 11:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So the non-partisan Elijah LOL was mad they didn't have a hearing about a guy who pled guilty?  And they actually did have a hearing when requested? Elijah is always good for a laugh.

I read more as an indictment of the GOP having hearings because they didn't like the outcome of an investigation led by a man the were endorsing before the outcome.

The Petraeus comment concerns a lack of follow up into the affair because it was important to them politically.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Colin Powell says she didn't get the practice from me:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/22/politics/colin-powell-rejects-clinton-email-defense/index.html

Quote:Colin Powell is pushing back on reports suggesting that he might have given Hillary Clinton the idea to use a private email account as Secretary of State, telling media outlets that "her people are trying to pin it on me.".....

"The truth is, she was using (the private email server) for a year before I sent her a memo telling her what I did," Powell said....

Asked why he thought Clinton had named him in her defense of the email controversy, he replied, "Why do you think?"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-publishes-notes-clintons-private-email-173020083--election.html?ref=gs

Quote:Then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton relied on the judgments of her staff and others not to illegally send emails containing classified information to her private email server, and told FBI investigators she was unclear about a classification marking on official government documents.

The revelation came Friday as the FBI, in a rare step, published scores of pages summarizing interviews with Clinton and her top aides from the FBI's recently closed criminal investigation into her use of a private email server in the basement her Chappaqua, New York, home....

This one is too funny...
Quote:In her interview, Clinton said she was unfamiliar the meaning of the letter "c'' next to a paragraph and speculated that it might be "referencing paragraphs marked in alphabetical order." That particular email had been marked as "confidential," the lowest level of classification. Clinton said she did not pay attention to the classified level "and took all classified information seriously," according to the FBI notes.

Thought the "c" meant alphabetical paragraphs? I wonder what she thought happened to a and b....

(09-02-2016, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-publishes-notes-clintons-private-email-173020083--election.html?ref=gs

This one is too funny...

Thought the "c" meant alphabetical paragraphs? I wonder what she thought happened to a and b....

Well this is coming from the genius who didn't want to have to carry separate devices in order to use multiple email accounts.

not to mention, things don't actually have to be marked classified. She's the Secretary of State. There are things that she receives that are classified by their nature.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-02-2016, 04:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well this is coming from the genius who didn't want to have to carry separate devices in order to use multiple email accounts.

not to mention, things don't actually have to be marked classified.  She's the Secretary of State.  There are things that she receives that are classified by their nature.

I'm not surprised since this is the spouse of the guy who supposedly exclaimed in court "that depends on what the definition of is is".  

I can only shake my head at the sad state of political affairs in the nation that we have two of the worst candidates ever running for office under major party banners. 
(09-02-2016, 04:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well this is coming from the genius who didn't want to have to carry separate devices in order to use multiple email accounts.

not to mention, things don't actually have to be marked classified.  She's the Secretary of State.  There are things that she receives that are classified by their nature.

When the whole email thing started I said her best case scenario was incompetence. Many balked at that. As ir starts to come out in the wash, she is clinging tighter and tighter to that excuse.

(09-02-2016, 08:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When the whole email thing started I said her best case scenario was incompetence. Many balked at that. As ir starts to come out in the wash, she is clinging tighter and tighter to that excuse.

Best case scenario is she didn't do anything illegal.  Which many balked at.  As the truth comes out many are still clinging to he doing something illegal.
Oh, what a relief! She's not incompetent or crooked, she's just forgetful! She just old!

THAT is what I want in a POTUS - old and forgetful, but definitely NOT crooked.
--------------------------------------------------------

(09-03-2016, 12:21 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Oh, what a relief!  She's not incompetent or crooked, she's just forgetful!  She just old!

THAT is what I want in a POTUS - old and forgetful, but definitely NOT crooked.

I guess there's no one for you to vote for then.  Cry

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/284716-trump-doesnt-recall-claim-of-having-worlds-greatest-memory

Quote:Trump can't recall saying he has one of the world's best memories

Getty Images
Donald Trump in a deposition for a Trump University lawsuit said that he doesn't recall claiming to have the world's greatest memory, according to newly released transcripts.

A lawyer questioning Trump in the case on behalf of the plaintiffs, Jason Forge, peppered the presumptive GOP presidential nominee with questions about his claims and actions surrounding the case.

At one point, he told Trump that the businessman had stated he had "one of the best memories in the world," according to a transcript that includes hundreds of pages of testimony.

"I don't know. Did I use that expression?" Trump asked. When told he had used the phrase, the billionaire asked to see evidence that he had said it, being told there was video of his remark.

"Did I say I have a great memory or one of the best in the world?" Trump asked for clarification, to which he was told he'd said he had "one of the best in the world."

"I don't remember saying that. As good as my memory is, I don't remember that, but I have a good memory," Trump responded.

"So you don't remember saying that you have one of the best memories in the world?" Forge asked.

"I don't remember that. I remember you telling me, but I don't know that I said it," Trump continued.

He stood by another expression that he had "one of the all-time great memories."

Trump's remarks came in a deposition on Dec. 10, according to the court documents.

A month earlier, while [/url]refusing to back down from his claim that "thousands of people" in Arab communities in New Jersey were cheering on Sept. 11, 2001, the New Yorker invoked his memory, saying he had seen video of the celebrations. 

"I have the world's greatest memory. It's one thing everyone agrees on," Trump said at the time, according to [url=http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/amid-latest-controversy-trump-claims-worlds-greatest-memory-n468621]
NBC News.

Katy Tur, who reported the remark at the time from a phone call with Trump, tweeted Thursday: 
In his questioning, Forge referred to a "reporter" who quoted Trump as saying he had the world's best memory, but didn't specifically name Tur.

Cause we know Trump is definitely not a crook.   Mellow
(09-02-2016, 04:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-publishes-notes-clintons-private-email-173020083--election.html?ref=gs

This one is too funny...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/03/records-week-review-clintons-fbi-interview/89782284/

Quote:Other finds: Clinton's email server had not been hacked, according to the FBI, but they couldn't say the same for the 13 Blackberry devices she used while she was at State. Those weren't available. Also, Clinton used three different iPads during that time — the two of those that were analyzed also weren't hacked. The other one wasn't available.

Nothing they had to go over was hacked...so the Trump people insist the rest must be.

That's the same grasp of math that his followers are using to justify the wall on the Mexican border.

Hilarious
(09-03-2016, 12:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess there's no one for you to vote for then.  Cry

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/284716-trump-doesnt-recall-claim-of-having-worlds-greatest-memory

Funny how your only defense of anything negative about Hillmonster is----Trump is worse.  What  a ringing endorsement that is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(09-03-2016, 12:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: I guess there's no one for you to vote for then.  Cry

You should be shedding tears.  We all should be.  Instead, your response is glee that your horrible candidate will win, when the truth is the whole country loses.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(09-04-2016, 10:46 AM)McC Wrote: Funny how your only defense of anything negative about Hillmonster is----Trump is worse.  What  a ringing endorsement that is.

Oh, I did say he was worse?

Or did I say he also has the same problem?
(09-04-2016, 10:50 AM)McC Wrote: You should be shedding tears.  We all should be.  Instead, your response is glee that your horrible candidate will win, when the truth is the whole country loses.

No one is happy with those two.

No one.

Yet some folks like to jump up and defend the actions of a madman.  That is very telling.
Yeah, Gary Johnson.  But it is funny how you continue to defend Hillary like every attack on her is an attempt at supporting Trump.
Just because that's what you're doing with every Trump attack thread doesn't mean anyone else here is actually going to vote for Trump.
Also, lighten up and get a sense of humor.  You're like a little kid with the "I know you are but what am I" routine every time someone makes a joke about Hillary.

(09-04-2016, 10:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yet some folks like to jump up and defend the actions of a madman.  That is very telling.

No one here, except maybe Lucie, has been "defending the actions of a madman".  You LOVE yourself some Hillary, that's why you aggressively defend every slight, real and imagined.

Stop trying to justify your stumping for Hillary by pretending any here are promoting Trump.  No one is.  That's all in your head.  This act of yours has gone from cute and mildly irritating to just plain pathetic.  Woe Hillary, poor poor Hillary, the mean Trump supporters are so unfair to her.  wah

(09-04-2016, 11:40 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Yeah, Gary Johnson.  But it is funny how you continue to defend Hillary like every attack on her is an attempt at supporting Trump.
Just because that's what you're doing with every Trump attack thread doesn't mean anyone else here is actually going to vote for Trump.
Also, lighten up and get a sense of humor.  You're like a little kid with the "I know you are but what am I" routine every time someone makes a joke about Hillary.

The logic is insane and just one look at the main page shows 5 anti-Trump threads started by the same person. If someone points out the piling on of Trump, they automatically become a Trump supporter; however, if someone constantly defends Hills in the few threads that concern her; it's just being unbiased.

It is much more productive when we are honest.  

(09-04-2016, 11:45 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No one here, except maybe Lucie, has been "defending the actions of a madman".  You LOVE yourself some Hillary, that's why you aggressively defend every slight, real and imagined.

Stop trying to justify your stumping for Hillary by pretending any here are promoting Trump.  No one is.  That's all in your head.  This act of yours has gone from cute and mildly irritating to just plain pathetic.  Woe Hillary, poor poor Hillary, the mean Trump supporters are so unfair to her.  wah

Nope.

I have made it abundantly clear that I don't care for Clinton but hate Trump and will continue to pile on him until at LEAST the election in November.

Everything else is merely projection and personal attacks.  Please get back on topic.   ThumbsUp
(09-04-2016, 11:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The logic is insane and just one look at the main page shows 5 anti-Trump threads started by the same person. If someone points out the piling on of Trump, they automatically become a Trump supporter; however, if someone constantly defends Hills in the few threads that concern her; it's just being unbiased.

It is much more productive when we are honest.  

Again I have not hidden from the fact that I hate Trump.  I have stated repeatedly that I will post about him a lot.

I have even suggested there be a mega-Trump thread!  All for it!

However people making personal attacks on posters, complaining about the mods allowing certain things that they personally do not like, and continuing to defend Trump all while saying they "don't support" him are what derails threads.  All while "not responding" to certain people except in a passive aggressive way because actual dialogue bothers them when their beliefs are challenged or questioned. 

It is almost as if some people want to deliberately try to get threads they disagree with locked by going completely off the rails.

I would not encourage that behavior.

Let's try to stay on topic and discuss the issue of who lies and if Clinton was actually guilty even though investigation after investigation said she was not.

Thanks everyone.