Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Comey Press Con. At 11am
http://www.mediaite.com/online/fbi-report-proves-that-hillary-clintons-personal-email-use-was-allowed-just-like-she-said/

Quote:FBI Report Proves That Hillary Clinton’s Personal Email Use Was Allowed, Just Like She Said

Hillary’s claim that her personal email use was “allowed” at the State Department has been derided by critics, who point to a May report by the Office of the Inspector General that confirms no one ever gave Hillary Clinton specific permission to use personal email, nor did she ever seek it.  “OIG found no evidence that the Secretary requested or obtained guidance or approval to conduct official business via a personal email account on her private server,” that report said, and gave examples of State Department communications expressing concern over personal email use. That report even went so far as to state that had Hillary Clinton asked for permission to handle her email this way, that permission would have been denied.

What it did not do, however, is demonstrate that personal email use was not allowed, and one of many buried pro-Hillary leads from the recently-released FBI notes from the “Emailgate” investigation is that Hillary was, in fact, right all along when she said her personal email use “was allowed.” From page 11 of the FBI report (emphasis mine):

Quote:While State policy during Clinton’s tenure required that “day-to-day operations [at State] be conducted on [an authorized information system],” according to the REDACTED the Bureau of Information Security Management, REDACTED there was no restriction on the use of personal e-mail accounts for official business.

There’s a legitimate discussion to be had over whether the phrase “was allowed” is too cute, and if I had been advising Hillary Clinton at the time, I’d have recommended using a term with considerably less salesmanship, but the fact that “there was no restriction on the use of personal e-mail accounts for official business” makes what Hillary said true. For some reason, that part of the report hasn’t gotten the attention that others have. Lots of reporters read Mediaite, though, so maybe that will change.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-06-2016, 07:35 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.mediaite.com/online/fbi-report-proves-that-hillary-clintons-personal-email-use-was-allowed-just-like-she-said/

I like, he said sarcastically, how the author tried to downplay the "was allowed" falsehood. No, she was not allowed nor was she prohibited. They are 2 separate things. Just because I do NOT have a "No Trespassing" sign does not give anyone permission to come onto my property and have a cookout. You want to argue that she was not prohibited, by all means, go ahead, but stop trying to make it seem like she was allowed when she was not.

I also noticed the author conveniently left out the rest of the paragraph he quoted (emphasis mine):
However, State employees were cautioned about security and records retention concerns regarding the use of personal e-mail. In 2011, a notice to all State employees was sent on Clinton's behalf, which recommended employees avoid conducting State business from personal e-mail accounts due to information security concerns. Clinton stated she did not recall this specific notice, and she did not recall receiving any guidance from State regarding e-mail policies outlined in the State FAM. Interviews with two State employees determined that State issued guidance which required employees who used personal e-mail accounts for State business to forward those work-related e-mails to their official State account for record-keeping purposes.

Okay, so she was not prohibited from using personal e-mail, but she WAS required to forward those emails to their State account for which we know that Hillary did NOT do for ALL her emails.
[Image: giphy.gif]