Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Comey writes a book...
...why isn't there a thread about that already. I'm of course not reading the book, I just catch the first snippets on your Trump-biased news channels, I hope someone might fill me in on the more interesting stuff.

I don't think Comey wrote a book full of lies out of bitterness of being fired, and when he describes an administration based on loyalty and egomania and Trump being unethical and untethered to the truth, yeah that sounds about right to me. He only cares about the public spin of Russian meddling, ok, but what can really shock me anymore.

What I found strange is that he was worried Melania might believe the pee tape story and hence he wants that specific one investigated so it can be proven false.
- Is it just me, or does that sound like that's the only Steele allegation Trump knows to be actually untrue?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Idk let’s see what Democrats think of James Comey......

(04-12-2018, 11:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Idk let’s see what Democrats think of James Comey......

I don't know what that has to do with anything.
(04-12-2018, 11:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't know what that has to do with anything.

Comey is a snake. He is supposedly principled and had all this stuff on trump yet he waits a year to discuss it, in the pages of a book he will be profiting. It’s going to be a bunch typical Comey nonsense.

He was one of the worst. He screwed up multiple times. Both obama and trump should had fired him long ago.
(04-12-2018, 11:40 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Idk let’s see what Democrats think of James Comey......

Sounds like you and your sources are saying that if Democrats think Comey went out of bounds publicly harassing Hillary,

Then they should be happy if Trump fires him to obstruct and investigation into Russia collusion.

Is that correct? That is the "hypocrisy"?
(04-12-2018, 11:25 PM)hollodero Wrote: ...why isn't there a thread about that already. I'm of course not reading the book, I just catch the first snippets on your Trump-biased news channels, I hope someone might fill me in on the more interesting stuff.

I don't think Comey wrote a book full of lies out of bitterness of being fired, and when he describes an administration based on loyalty and egomania and Trump being unethical and untethered to the truth, yeah that sounds about right to me. He only cares about the public spin of Russian meddling, ok, but what can really shock me anymore.

What I found strange is that he was worried Melania might believe the pee tape story and hence he wants that specific one investigated so it can be proven false.
- Is it just me, or does that sound like that's the only Steele allegation Trump knows to be actually untrue?

Rachel Maddow is reading a page right now on my tv.  Must be what you heard.

Too chatty, but fascinating and scary. The section she read concerned the moment the FBI informed Trump of the Steele Dossier. Trump and Priebus immediately began brainstorming how to spin it before the press. Clapper interrupted to suggest the CIA had only presented facts, its job. Spin was not their job. 

Trump and Priebus ignored him--and the line between intel and politics.

I think Trump supporters do not understand or care about that line. Many "independents" won't see what the big deal is.

By the way, I watched two hours of Fox last night. The dirt heaped on Comey, Rosenstein and Mueller is scarry; reminds me of old newsreels of Nazi judges shrilly ranting at defendants accused of treason. A completely inverted world over there, with Trump defending the rule of law against defenders of the swamp.

[Image: 6a00e39337cb1e8834016760e18428970b-800wi]
(04-13-2018, 12:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Comey is a snake.   He is supposedly principled and had all this stuff on trump yet he waits a year to discuss it, in the pages of a book he will be profiting.   It’s going to be a bunch typical Comey nonsense.  

Yeah well, he seems a bit dramatic to me as well. That he writes a book to make money though, I'm ok with that. It wasn't his initial plan to do so (he wanted to stay on as FBI director), and this bookwriting is not that uncommon. Everybody needs a buck.
Also, if he seeks revenge, I get that too. He got fired in the most humiliating way, and Trump said it's because of this thing with Trump and Russia, which was initiated by Democrats (hence Comey's a democrat's tool) and that the FBI is in turmoil. That there will be some response to that name slander is only fair in my book.
As long as he speaks the truth, which I believe he does.

(04-13-2018, 12:24 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He was one of the worst.  He screwed up multiple times.   Both obama and trump should had fired him long ago.

I probably will never understand the reasoning behind publicly re-opening the Hillary investigation and not mentioning the ongoing Trump campaign investigation.
(04-13-2018, 01:40 AM)Dill Wrote: Rachel Maddow is reading a page right now on my tv.  Must be what you heard.

Too chatty, but fascinating and scary. The section she read concerned the moment the FBI informed Trump of the Steele Dossier. Trump and Priebus immediately began brainstorming how to spin it before the press. Clapper interrupted to suggest the CIA had only presented facts, its job. Spin was not their job. 

Trump and Priebus ignored him--and the line between intel and politics.

I think Trump supporters do not understand or care about that line. Many "independents" won't see what the big deal is.

By the way, I watched two hours of Fox last night. The dirt heaped on Comey, Rosenstein and Mueller is scarry; reminds me of old newsreels of Nazi judges shrilly ranting at defendants accused of treason. A completely inverted world over there, with Trump defending the rule of law against defenders of the swamp.

Oh no, not the Nazi reference! Don't kill the thread :)
- Apart from that, I can confirm that it's scary, I've never seen anything quite like this, and I grew up with actual state TV :). A huge media enterprise does everything it can to spin a legit investigation as corrupt and dirty. I mean, Lou Dobbs called Mueller a SOB on TV. An investigator, republican, former FBI director, war hero and honorable man. Just because he might touch Trump, prove a crime of his. This is abhorrent stuff.

@ comey topic didn't see it on Rachel Maddow, only you radical lefties watch this stuff :) but yeah, I heard something among these lines (sad but old news), plus that strange pee tape statement.
Seems that the money changers want it this way. Two sides split in half. What ever the Left leaning news groups report, the right leaning news goes the completely opposite. When Comey came out two weeks before the election and said Clinton was still under investigation but didn't mention that Drumph was also under investigation, Drumph and the right said he was a great man. Now they want to crucify him. Do you think that changed anyone's vote?
The first few pages of his book are great!

[Image: gedc8133.jpg]
I think the book just came out today, I haven't heard too much about it yet.

I did see he will have an interview on 60 minutes this Sunday so prepare for the POTUS to live tweet the event.

Then he is doing a media tour, including an appearance on FOX News.  but I don't know on which program.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I'll assume that Fox & Friends did a segment on the book this morning.   Smirk

So..."modern presidential".

Cool
(04-13-2018, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'll assume that Fox & Friends did a segment on the book this morning.   Smirk

So..."modern presidential".

Cool

Everything that is "presidential" had some president doing it first.  I expect "slimeball" to be in the presidential lexicon from now on.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(04-13-2018, 09:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Everything that is "presidential" had some president doing it first.  I expect "slimeball" to be in the presidential lexicon from now on.

He uses the best words.  Must be from being a very stable genius that he has such a deep selection of insults to pull from.

Smirk
It sounds like Trump wants to get into a pissing match with Comey over the book.

Apparently, Comey really rained on Trump's parade. Trump may be worried about his Golden Boy image with his supporters.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Trump is really concerned about leaks. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-13-2018, 04:05 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: It sounds like Trump wants to get into a pissing match with Comey over the book.

Apparently, Comey really rained on Trump's parade. Trump may be worried about his Golden Boy image with his supporters.

(04-13-2018, 04:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Trump is really concerned about leaks.  Ninja

Smirk
Reading Trump freak out over Comey I can only think "the lady doth protest too much".

The best way to ensure that people will buy his book is to have your minister of misinformation come out and say that Comey will go down in history as a "disgraced partisan hack" and to tweet multiple times that he's all of these bad things.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Sara Sanders laid into Comey and treated him exactly how he should have been treated.

He should have never overstepped his authority to cover for Lynch. Lynch was corrupt as was Holder. Comey should have stayed silent in July then again in November. Obama should have fired him in July, and trump should have never kept him on.

He is a scumbag.
(04-13-2018, 07:07 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Sara Sanders laid into Comey and treated him exactly how he should have been treated.  

He should have never overstepped his authority to cover for Lynch.  Lynch was corrupt as was Holder.  Comey should have stayed silent in July then again in November.  Obama should have fired him in July, and trump should have never kept him on.  

He is a scumbag.

Hilarious