Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Rapien on the WR's
Rapien talks about why the Bengals didn't sign a another FA/veteran WR http://espn1530.iheart.com/media/play/27181912/

Also, his take on each WR on the roster http://espn1530.iheart.com/onair/james-rapien-56340/a-bengals-wide-receiver-primer-14953802/
Reply/Quote
Do you have transcripts?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Umm, isn't LaFell a vet?
Reply/Quote
I hate to be that guy, but this guy is literally no different than you or I. I have never liked how he takes gis own opinion to serious like he is qualified to break down football. Something about him has always just rubbed me wrong.
Reply/Quote
Idc as long as kumerow is in that starting lineup!!!!
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 01:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Idc as long as kumerow is in that starting lineup!!!!

Doubt it. Unless he significantly outshines LaFell/Tate/Boyd.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 04:43 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Doubt it. Unless he significantly outshines LaFell/Tate/Boyd.

From all reports he's outplaying Tate for sure plus he apparently is in the elite class of shielding defenders from getting to the ball so he's able to catch it plus he's so tall they cant go over him to bat the ball down and his hands are like magnets for the football
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 06:19 AM)Jpoore Wrote: From all reports he's outplaying Tate for sure plus he apparently is in the elite class of shielding defenders from getting to the ball so he's able to catch it plus he's so tall they cant go over him to bat the ball down and his hands are like magnets for the football

Beaton out Tate means nothing in terms of starting. Tate's value is in returning, and unless someone beats him at that he will be on this team. Kumerow would need to beat out AJ, LaFell, or Boyd and I don't see that happening. He could make the team but he won't start.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 09:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Beaton out Tate means nothing in terms of starting. Tate's value is in returning, and unless someone beats him at that he will be on this team. Kumerow would need to beat out AJ, LaFell, or Boyd and I don't see that happening. He could make the team but he won't start.

Yeah I'm thinking he could be a redzone player though or if lafell struggles put him in.... Just wanna see what he could do on the field I think he could be very impressive 
Reply/Quote
Omg omg omg! A pundit weighs in.. Stop the presses!
In other news we're the worse football team in the entire history of football teams..
In other news we're the greatest football team in the history of football teams..
I suspect we're somewhere between the two..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 06:19 AM)Jpoore Wrote: From all reports he's outplaying Tate for sure plus he apparently is in the elite class of shielding defenders from getting to the ball so he's able to catch it plus he's so tall they cant go over him to bat the ball down and his hands are like magnets for the football

Kumerow got lots of love in OTA's and early in camp last year, then was a complete non factor in preseason games and later on in camp.  Dude has to prove he can get it done in full pads.  Otherwise, he's just a scout team/ps guy.
Reply/Quote
Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Suzy Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 03:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: Kumerow got lots of love in OTA's and early in camp last year, then was a complete non factor in preseason games and later on in camp.  Dude has to prove he can get it done in full pads.  Otherwise, he's just a scout team/ps guy.

Yeah but now he has a year on the ps so I expect big things from him. All I can say is we'll find out Monday when the pads come on
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 01:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Idc as long as kumerow is in that starting lineup!!!!

If Kumerow is one of our starters our 5 year run of playoffs is likely in jeopardy.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 08:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: If Kumerow is one of our starters our 5 year run of playoffs is likely in jeopardy.

I prefer him to lafell who has a history of drops...
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 09:57 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I prefer him to lafell who has a history of drops...

Not really. He only had a "drop problem" last year.

He dropped 6 passes, which was as many as Tyler Eifert.

However, LaFell only caught 50% of the passes thrown his way. Eifert caught 70.3%

Then, in 2014, LaFell only dropped 2 passes with 74 receptions and 114 targets. He caught 62.2% of passes thrown his way and had a drop rate of 1.7%

So it's not so much a "history" of dropping passes. Just a bad season last year.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 07:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah but now he has a year on the ps so I expect big things from him. All I can say is we'll find out Monday when the pads come on

Monday will be the first real test for him, but I really want to see him get it done in preseason games, too.  He does have a year on the PS, but there are a lot more guys that never become main roster contributors after hanging on the PS than guys who take a major step forward.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 08:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: I hate to be that guy, but this guy is literally no different than you or I. I have never liked how he takes gis own opinion to serious like he is qualified to break down football. Something about him has always just rubbed me wrong.

He is different. ESPN is paying him to connect with a bigger audience. All the guys you hear on the radio or see on TV had to start out somewhere. I'm sure he wouldn't be working with Mo if they thought he was totally inept when it comes to having educated discussions on sports related topic.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2016, 10:18 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Not really. He only had a "drop problem" last year.

He dropped 6 passes, which was as many as Tyler Eifert.

However, LaFell only caught 50% of the passes thrown his way. Eifert caught 70.3%

Then, in 2014, LaFell only dropped 2 passes with 74 receptions and 114 targets. He caught 62.2% of passes thrown his way and had a drop rate of 1.7%

So it's not so much a "history" of dropping passes. Just a bad season last year.

when he was recovering from an injury
Reply/Quote