Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S Jimmy Wilson signed
Versatility, special teams, and perseverance.

http://www.chargers.com/news/2015/06/30/all-you-need-know-about-jimmy-wilson

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
http://touch.sun-sentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83057215/

Quote:His departure means the Dolphins must find a new starting nickel, and must add depth at safety. Wilson started 13 games last season at both positions and contributed 58 tackles and one interception.
The Dolphins took a chance on Wilson in the 2011 draft and he turned into the franchise's most productive late-round picks in two decades.

Good signing. Has started at safety and nickel. Plays special teams, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:52 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Think it's moreso they released a safety (Taylor Mays) who was going to take up space because of suspension so they wanted to sign someone to take his spot for camp.

If anything, I think this says more about not signing Hall than anything.

Hall will probably be a post week 1 signing. Then his salary isn't fully guaranteed.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hall will probably be a post week 1 signing. Then his salary isn't fully guaranteed.

Either going to be him or Freeney I think.

Would rather take Freeney. Bigger need in the DE department than CB.

Would rather take my chances at Dennard, Shaw, or WJIII having to step in for injury rather than Hunt or Clarke.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2016, 11:52 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Think it's moreso they released a safety (Taylor Mays) who was going to take up space because of suspension so they wanted to sign someone to take his spot for camp.

If anything, I think this says more about not signing Hall than anything.

mays takes one of the 90 man roster spots but when your suspended you don't count against the roster cap of 53.

But mays could have been used in camp so the others didn't take as many reps.

Hall needs to accept a his new reduced role and pay that will come with it if he wants a job in the nfl again.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 05:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: mays takes one of the 90 man roster spots but when your suspended you don't count against the roster cap of 53.

But mays could have been used in camp so the others didn't take as many reps.

Hall needs to accept a his new reduced role and pay that will come with it if he wants a job in the nfl again.

Yes but he's also facing another drug suspension on top of his 4 games.

So he's suspended for 8 games this season. There's honestly no reason of keeping a guy like that. Think the Bengals would rather get a guy who takes reps and could actually do something on the team if need be.

Mays doesn't offer that until week 9. At the earliest.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Good signing and good special teams guy. Last spot will be between him and Clayton.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2016, 09:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good signing and good special teams guy. Last spot will be between him and Clayton.

Doubt Wilson is fighting for the last spot. 3rd/4th is more likely assuming Shaw's role as a hybrid.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2016, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hall will probably be a post week 1 signing. Then his salary isn't fully guaranteed.

(07-29-2016, 05:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hall needs to accept a his new reduced role and pay that will come with it if he wants a job in the nfl again.

Hall underwent back surgery after the season.  I doubt he is healthy yet.
Reply/Quote
It seems to me it was Tom Nelson late one year that was pressed into playing safety and looked totally lost vs the Jets. Run, pass you name it. I think they had the playoffs clinched, maybe seeding, I even remember being at the next week's gave vs the Jets. Regardless, from that point on I just remember every year being fine with any sort of aging vet as a backup safety. I'd rather have an emergency safety that can't get there as quick than taking the wrong angle or biting hard on a fake in regular season or even playoff game. Williams looks good, Smith has potential so if they carry a ST guy like the Illini that I can't spell then fine, but even if Wilson is cut he's a candidate to call at home late in the year.
Reply/Quote