Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Wright With the Catch of the Day!
And Andy with a BOMB!!!!!

It's hard to see where he ends up catching the ball, but it looks like a 60 or 65 yard throw, and he drops a dime on Wright! It looks like Wright makes a great catch!

Our receiving core looks stacked with talent if AJ is AJ (obviously), Lafell contributes, Boyd keeps it up as looking like our second-best receiver, Core is looking as good as it sounds like he's looking (and looks in the few videos I've seen), Wright ends up being at least a legitimate deep threat, Uzomah supposedly looking good today, and then Kroft and Eifert produce!

ThumbsUp

I was pumped about how stacked we were and didn't even realize actually how stacked we are until I saw that list I made!

Our offense will be explosive, people!

Let everyone keep underrating us!
Reply/Quote
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Image: 518Wl1WHRmL._SY300_QL70_.jpg]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

We went through this song and dance before Bfritz, with Tate and Binns. If you have to put up a thousand "ifs", then you're not "stacked with talent".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Wright sat out today
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It wouldn't be the off-season if people on this board didn't wonder how we are ever going to get all our receiving threats on the field at once. Someday we will figure how to run a 3 TE set along with 4 or 5 WRs at once.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2016, 09:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[Image: 518Wl1WHRmL._SY300_QL70_.jpg]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

We went through this song and dance before Bfritz, with Tate and Binns. If you have to put up a thousand "ifs", then you're not "stacked with talent".

They're more likely than unlikely "ifs" if they're already happening and it would take something unexpected to go wrong to make them not happen.

The population of the world is likely to keep growing if there's not a nuclear holocaust between two large nations, India doesn't have a disease that wipes out half its population, the ozone layer doesn't suddenly shrink by a great more percentage and half the world dies of skin cancer, and if people in the USA don't start dying from a common cold.

See, bunch of "ifs," but the world's population is likely to keep growing  ThumbsUp

I don't remember Tate and Binns showing anything like with what we've seen from this group.
Reply/Quote
I think the concern is experience behind Green and Lafell, and if Wrights leg will hold up for the season.
Remember Brad that the other team defenders collect NFL paychecks also.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 12:04 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't remember Tate and Binns showing anything like with what we've seen from this group.

In all fairness, the ink wasn't even dry on Simonise's 10 cent contract before you declared that he and AJ could revolutionize the NFL, so forgive me if I lack your enthusiasm at the moment.  Actually, are there any updates on that guy?
Reply/Quote
Can we wait unil preseason before we make our final observations.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 01:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, the ink wasn't even dry on Simonise's 10 cent contract before you declared that he and AJ could revolutionize the NFL, so forgive me if I lack your enthusiasm at the moment.  Actually, are there any updates on that guy?

Word is that he's having troubles adjusting to the NFL.

I didn't even mention him because I completely forgot about him.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 02:10 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Word is that he's having troubles adjusting to the NFL.

I didn't even mention him because I completely forgot about him.

So 2 weeks after comparing the guy to multiple HOFers you've forgotten about him and are now over the moon over Wright?  You sir, have a restless heart for no-name WRs!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 03:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So 2 weeks after comparing the guy to multiple HOFers you've forgotten about him and are now over the moon over Wright?  You sir, have a restless heart for no-name WRs!

If.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 03:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So 2 weeks after comparing the guy to multiple HOFers you've forgotten about him and are now over the moon over Wright?  You sir, have a restless heart for no-name WRs!

It was always added with an "if" and word is that he's not developing like I or the team had hoped.  There's still a chance he could turn it around or go to the practice squad to develop more, but doesn't look too promising.  

Regardless, Wright has been mostly injured since entering the NFL, so he hasn't really had a chance to show anything, especially being behind guys like Jones and Sanu.  

Assuming that catch wasn't just a fluke play, it will be interesting to see what Wright can do.

(08-07-2016, 04:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If.

Ninja

Good point.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 06:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It was always added with an "if" and word is that he's not developing like I or the team had hoped.  There's still a chance he could turn it around or go to the practice squad to develop more, but doesn't look too promising.  

Regardless, Wright has been mostly injured since entering the NFL, so he hasn't really had a chance to show anything, especially being behind guys like Jones and Sanu.  

Assuming that catch wasn't just a fluke play, it will be interesting to see what Wright can do.

By that logic what IF we cut Simonise and the Steelers pick him up and pair him with Brown and make us miserable for years to come?  Do we hang onto him, or do we just admit using the word IFto make absurdly bold statements is total fluff?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: By that logic what IF we cut Simonise and the Steelers pick him up and pair him with Brown and make us miserable for years to come?  Do we hang onto him, or do we just admit using the word IFto make absurdly bold statements is total fluff?

Actually, I didn't mention him, but he did have one nice catch for a touchdown that I saw, so maybe there is hope that he can still be good.

It's the PRESEASON, a time for making bold predictions and to get excited about things that may or may not happen.

Get off your high horse.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Actually, I didn't mention him, but he did have one nice catch for a touchdown that I saw, so maybe there is hope that he can still be good.

It's the PRESEASON, a time for making bold predictions and to get excited about things that may or may not happen.

Get off your high horse.

You're right, it's the PRESEASON...the time where people compare guys who have no chance of making the NFL roster to HOF players.  What was I thinking?

So do you think Keith Wenning is going to be the next Brett Favre, or do you think he's more like the next Dan Marino? And don't you dare get on your high horse and tell me that's a stupid question!
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're right, it's the PRESEASON...the time where people compare guys who have no chance of making the NFL roster to HOF players.  What was I thinking?

So do you think Keith Wenning is going to be the next Brett Favre, or do you think he's more like the next Dan Marino?  And don't you dare get on your high horse and tell me that's a stupid question!

It's a very stupid question because when has he ever shown the ability to be like one of them?

Who said he has no chance of making the roster?  Did they tell him that and I missed it.  Another example of your hate-filled rhetoric.

Also, I said he reminded me of a guy like Randy Moss, but I didn't compare them, and I mentioned when he played with Chris Carter, but I don't think I ever said he reminded me of him, so you're wrong in saying I compared them and then even more wrong in saying I did it to multiple receivers.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's a very stupid question because when has he ever shown the ability to be like one of them?

Who said he has no chance of making the roster?  Did they tell him that and I missed it.  Another example of your hate-filled rhetoric.

Also, I said he reminded me of a guy like Randy Moss, but I didn't compare them, and I mentioned when he played with Chris Carter, but I don't think I ever said he reminded me of him, so you're wrong in saying I compared them and then even more wrong in saying I did it to multiple receivers.

That very sentence is a comparison.

My $.02....
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:42 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That very sentence is a comparison.

My $.02....

Only in the size and the way he goes deep, but I didn't say he would be anywhere near as good.  

Nately is using that like saying he'll be as good or as dominant.

Ever heard someone comment on how a pee-wee league running back lowers his head and runs with force like Walter Peyton or Jerome Bettis?  Do you think that they're saying that the child will be as good as either of those two?
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 07:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's a very stupid question because when has he ever shown the ability to be like one of them?

Do you really read "hate" in my posts, or is that just you playing the victim card?  I'm just amused you've moved on to fall in love with a new nobody WR who isn't going to do crap in the NFL so soon after getting all pissy that I laughed at your love of the WR you just gave up on.

You're just in denial now, but it's ok.  I'm sure you'll move on to loving that Kumerwowow guy as soon as he manages to find his ass with both hands next week!

(08-07-2016, 09:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Only in the size and the way he goes deep, but I didn't say he would be anywhere near as good.  

Nately is using that like saying he'll be as good or as dominant.

Ever heard someone comment on how a pee-wee league running back lowers his head and runs with force like Walter Peyton or Jerome Bettis?  Do you think that they're saying that the child will be as good as either of those two?

To paraphrase Chris Hansen, you might as well just tell the truth because we have the chat logs! You stated that lining a deep threat up across from AJ Green, in this case that Simonise guy because he is 6'5 and fast, would be IMPOSSIBLE to stop. Impossible to stop is technically BETTER than Randy Moss.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2016, 10:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Do you really read "hate" in my posts, or is that just you playing the victim card?  I'm just amused you've moved on to fall in love with a new nobody WR who isn't going to do crap in the NFL so soon after getting all pissy that I laughed at your love of the WR you just gave up on.

You're just in denial now, but it's ok.  I'm sure you'll move on to loving that Kumerwowow guy as soon as he manages to find his ass with both hands next week!
I don't play the victim card.  Nice attempt at an attack to further prove that you have no logical point in all of this.

I'm not pissy about anything you post.  I actually just laugh at your posts because you somehow think they're great and destroying of my personality or mind or whatever you think.

Simonise could still prove to be a good receiver, as I hope, and maybe even develop into something special.
(08-07-2016, 10:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To paraphrase Chris Hansen, you might as well just tell the truth because we have the chat logs!

Bring them up, then, because I've looked and concluded that you're full of shit.
Reply/Quote