Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jan 6 Hearings
(06-15-2022, 08:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump promised we'd get tired of winning, but here we are tired of seeing his own allies turn on him. 

That part is actually pretty funny. Spineless wastes of human genome.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 11:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: First of all, Young Sheldon is pretty damn funny.

I’d love to hear your top 5 pieces comedy all time. Sitcoms, series, stand-up whatever. What’s the funniest stuff you’ve gone back to?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 11:24 AM)michaelsean Wrote: First of all, Young Sheldon is pretty damn funny.  Secondly, as long as all the people who stormed the Capitol face the justice they deserve, I'm good.

Should anything happen to the people from seven different states who created lists of "alternative" electors and sent them to the Senate and the National Archives, so that Pence could plausibly halt certification? 

Or to the people from Trump's staff who instigated and coordinated their efforts? 
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 11:01 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I’d love to hear your top 5 pieces comedy all time.  Sitcoms, series, stand-up whatever.   What’s the funniest stuff you’ve gone back to?

The Amos and Andy TV show from the 50s is pretty good.  It gets erroneously lumped in with the blackface skits and movies from the 30s and 40s, but this show had black actors and was one of if not the first show to have black actors playing cops, judges, lawyers, etc.  Of course, the main character and his friends are bumbling dopes, so there is that. 

Anywho, it's good stuff.
Reply/Quote
Judge Luttig is talking me into a comatose sleep now... could they not find any witness who spoke more than one word per minute?
Reply/Quote
All I want is for there to be enough evidence for Justice Dept to rule Trump not be allowed to hold public office ever again.
Dude's a snake. Tries to get what he wants by any means necessary. He has no code of ethics.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: All I want is for there to be enough evidence for Justice Dept to rule Trump not be allowed to hold public office ever again.
Dude's a snake. Tries to get what he wants by any means necessary. He has no code of ethics.

He literally tried to overturn a legitimate election while accusing the opposition. 

Trump and his political acolytes have moved the Overton Window to a place of lunacy, conspiracy, misinformation and ideological regression and it continues to be fueled and emboldened by the Evangelical extremists who desperately want Christian Nationalism.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 08:22 PM)Lucidus Wrote: He literally tried to overturn a legitimate election while accusing the opposition. 

Trump and his political acolytes have moved the Overton Window to a place of lunacy, conspiracy, misinformation and ideological regression and it continues to be fueled and emboldened by the Evangelical extremists who desperately want Christian Nationalism.

And it's all so obvious and standard that these hearings are getting less attention to a spinoff sitcom.  This country may be a bit of a joke.  
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 03:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: All I want is for there to be enough evidence for Justice Dept to rule Trump not be allowed to hold public office ever again.

Trust me, that's all the Democrats want as well. They are scared to death he will run again. As for no code of ethics, that makes him just like just about every slimey DC politician. The funny part is, Trump won't say he's not going to run, so while all the democrats are worrying about this, they aren't focused on DeSantis or any of the other Republican candidates. IMO it's a ruse that he's going to run again and they are falling hook line and sinker for it. 
Reply/Quote

HAHAHAHAHA   that would remove about every Blue politician from ever holding office.

Stop listening to the Lies the media is feeding you.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: HAHAHAHAHA   that would remove about every Blue politician from ever holding office.

I like how you think it's just the Democrats.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
I'm impressed that Trump fans are able to completely ignore all the Republicans who have testified under oath about what a travesty this situation has been and how culpable Trump is.

Yep, it's all just a big liberal whine fest. Nothing to see here. Keep listening to the Fox hosts who were begging Trump to call it off while it was happening.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 09:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm impressed that Trump fans are able to completely ignore all the Republicans who have testified under oath about what a travesty this situation has been and how culpable Trump is.

Yep, it's all just a big liberal whine fest.  Nothing to see here. Keep listening to the Fox hosts who were begging Trump to call it off while it was happening.

Eh, Color me unimpressed due to the left trying to oversell it. Were there a bunch of idiots who went to the Capital and tried to get the electors to change their votes, yeah. Was it some big coup attempt, a massive threat to our Democracy, the last stand of our nation, an insurgency, or whatever other colorful phrase they want to upsell it with? Hardly. Criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, in a few cases assault. The whole thing is oversold. And that is then underscored by the total lack of caring about the destruction to Federal buildings and injuries to thousands of officers the summer before. Like everything else, It all depends on who's ox is getting gored. Trump can say "Go down there and peacefully protest and make your voices heard" and it's the end of the free world. Schumer can say "You've unleased the whirlwind Cavanaugh, and you will pay.... you won't know what hit you" then claim no responsibility when a would be assassin tries to kill him. It's all BS....
Reply/Quote
These hearings go well beyond the culpability of the rank and file.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 08:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: HAHAHAHAHA   that would remove about every Blue politician from ever holding office.

It's not "listening to the lies" from the media.
It's literally seeing Trump's own posts and times he's recorded talking.
I actually never voted for a Democrat until Trump ran.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 09:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And it's all so obvious and standard that these hearings are getting less attention to a spinoff sitcom.  This country may be a bit of a joke.  

Part of the reason that the hearings are getting less attention is because they've only aired one in the evening.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 09:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's not "listening to the lies" from the media.
It's literally seeing Trump's own posts and times he's recorded talking.

Yeah some of the replies show that people aren't even bothering to look into who is testifying and what is being said. 

That's fine, but it makes it hard to have a discussion about it.  The staunchest detractors have the least idea what is going on.  That's some calculated stuff.  

Again, it's their right to tune out but it leads to more of that all too common "believe me and not your eyes and ears."

Or let me put it this way....

*confused face*
If this hearing is such a big liberal cry fest and flop, why are conservatives so afraid to watch it?
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2022, 11:01 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I’d love to hear your top 5 pieces comedy all time. Sitcoms, series, stand-up whatever. What’s the funniest stuff you’ve gone back to?

Cheers MASH Always Sunny All in the Family Barney Miller. There’s plenty others I could add. I’ve always liked sitcoms.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2022, 10:50 AM)Dill Wrote: Should anything happen to the people from seven different states who created lists of "alternative" electors and sent them to the Senate and the National Archives, so that Pence could plausibly halt certification? 

Or to the people from Trump's staff who instigated and coordinated their efforts? 

I’m not sure what you are talking about. I’ll have to look it up, but I’m guessing if something should happen to them the US Attorney’s office is in charge of that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 09:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Eh, Color me unimpressed due to the left trying to oversell it. Were there a bunch of idiots who went to the Capital and tried to get the electors to change their votes, yeah. Was it some big coup attempt, a massive threat to our Democracy, the last stand of our nation, an insurgency, or whatever other colorful phrase they want to upsell it with? Hardly. Criminal trespass, disorderly conduct, in a few cases assault. The whole thing is oversold. And that is then underscored by the total lack of caring about the destruction to Federal buildings and injuries to thousands of officers the summer before. Like everything else, It all depends on who's ox is getting gored. Trump can say "Go down there and peacefully protest and make your voices heard" and it's the end of the free world. Schumer can say "You've unleased the whirlwind Cavanaugh, and you will pay.... you won't know what hit you" then claim no responsibility when a would be assassin tries to kill him. It's all BS....

The delusion is literally unbelievable...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote