Joe B.
Mixon
Jordan
Jessie
Randy
Alex
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jax Game, Game Ball
(10-04-2020, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Caused the INT too with a nice tip.

Gave Eifert a nice welcome home pop too
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If not for the late TD I would have nominated LeShaun Sims. Pressed into starting with Mac injury, had 7 tackles, 1 PD, and shut down his side of the field

very good points! He has been a great pick up and one to hold on to if he keeps it up that no one is talking about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd go OL. No sacks. Mixon over 150 yards.
Reply/Quote
My vote goes for the entire oline. Amazing what Mixon can do when he is not met in the backfield every play. Kudos to the line for finally getting their job done. Pass pro was superb.
Reply/Quote
The oline gets the game ball. If.your oline cant perform all else will fail
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 10:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/video/locker-room-celebration-following-victory-over-the-jaguars

Apparently everyone got a game ball lol

Burrow could be seen in the corner, wincing hard. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: All around great game by the boys today and way to get our first win. Lot's of nominees for game ball; but just like Highlander, There can only be one:

Joe Burrow: 25/36 for 300 yards, 1 TD, 92.4 passer rating

Joe Mixon: 185 Total yards, 3 TDs

Jordan Evans: Got 1 of everything, tackle, sack, INT,

Jesse Bates: 10 tackles

Randy Bullock: 4/4 XP 3/3 FG 15 points

Alex Redmond: Obviously the glue that holds the Oline together

I would have gone with Mixon, but I think Boyd was the guy that wasn't putting up with it today.  Not only did he have 7 huge receptions on 8 targets, but he blocked like a man possessed.  I think he has taken the mantle from Green (who probably should be benched in favor of Mike Thomas and Tate at this point....offers nothing) in terms of leadership, but he is a complete player that is Burrow's Mr. Reliable.  

I would like to see Mike Thomas get a bit more involved (and Tate in the Red Zone and 3rd downs...) on outside receiver routes.  Someone pointed out the TD he had against Ward and I feel like teams are going to start cheating to the middle of the field as that is where Burrow eats the most. 

BTW, that crossing route to Higgins at full speed where he never broke stride.  I watched that about 15 times.  Absolute thing of beauty.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Obviously I voted Joe in the poll, what a day he had.  However, I'd like to give an Honorable Mention to the OL, as a unit, for actually showing up today.  They kept Joe B. mostly clean, and gave Joe M. some lanes to run through, nice job OL.

From 8 sacks and ridiculous hits on the QB to no sacks and four hits all day is a massive improvement, and Joe's YPA continues to climb with each game.  Keep playing that cover 2 deep, please!  He will eat you alive underneath.  
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I give it to the entire offense.

Burrow got his first win and played a hell of a game.

Boyd had some nice catches.  The other receivers were also solid.

The line played their best game of the year and gave Burrow time to make plays and opened holes for Mixon.

Mixon ran like a man possessed.

Let's play with some confidence and build on this game!

I think everyone wanted to vomit after the last minute FG drive that made it to the 3 yard line, but aside from that the defense did a solid job frustrating Mishew all day.  They didn't have Chark against the Fins (and frankly...thursday games...) but that offense put up a lot of points against a solid Indy and Tennessee team.  Without that garbage TD at the end and our two TDs taken off the board, the defense damn near keeps them under 20 points and I will take that because Burrow's new name will be 30 burger if he keeps putting up 30 on teams.  
Reply/Quote
Alex Redmond he may never have 1 again.
Reply/Quote
I forgot you even did these threads.... Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Mixon....not only did he have a nice game stat wise, but his success shows what this offense can look like when play action is actually a threat.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 09:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think everyone wanted to vomit after the last minute FG drive that made it to the 3 yard line, but aside from that the defense did a solid job frustrating Mishew all day.  They didn't have Chark against the Fins (and frankly...thursday games...) but that offense put up a lot of points against a solid Indy and Tennessee team.  Without that garbage TD at the end and our two TDs taken off the board, the defense damn near keeps them under 20 points and I will take that because Burrow's new name will be 30 burger if he keeps putting up 30 on teams.  

I agree and I was impressed with the stunts and things that I saw the defensive line running.  

It might be me not remembering correctly or maybe I just happened to notice it on the few plays we did it, but it felt like they were being coached more so than usual, and I can't even imagine how lines will even attempt to block stunts like that when Geno comes back and they have to devote AT LEAST two players to blocking him!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I agree and I was impressed with the stunts and things that I saw the defensive line running.  

It might be me not remembering correctly or maybe I just happened to notice it on the few plays we did it, but it felt like they were being coached more so than usual, and I can't even imagine how lines will even attempt to block stunts like that when Geno comes back and they have to devote AT LEAST two players to blocking him!

In his prime, no doubt, but Geno I fear will look a lot like AJ Green when he comes back...past his prime.  
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: In his prime, no doubt, but Geno I fear will look a lot like AJ Green when he comes back...past his prime.  

Strength is the last thing to go though. I seriously doubt he’ll be as bad as AJ.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 04:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Strength is the last thing to go though. I seriously doubt he’ll be as bad as AJ.

I doubt he has lost much quickness even at his age.  The biggest potential issue for him could be getting back any strength he lost to a shoulder injury.

As to AJ, he isn't back to full speed, but my eyes tell me the biggest issue with him is that he is getting absolutely mugged out there.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote