Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Hayes leaving for Tampa
(01-15-2016, 09:13 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: How do we know that this is not a defensive shakeup?

Why shake up the defense. in a must win year. Our strength.  We knew Vance was gone, that was happening. But of all position coaches Jay? A lateral move? I'm shocked.

Brown must really be mad a the defense over Saturday. Forcing Marvin to make changes. Let his good friends walk (or worse why would Jay walk if not nudged from someone).

A defensive shakeup is a curveball, interesting he took it out on his defensive coaches, and not Marvin. Why not make a change at the top then?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Why shake up the defense. in a must win year. Our strength.  We knew Vance was gone, that was happening. But of all position coaches Jay? A lateral move? I'm shocked.

Brown must really be mad a the defense over Saturday. Forcing Marvin to make changes. Let his good friends walk (or worse why would Jay walk if not nudged from someone).

A defensive shakeup is a curveball, interesting he took it out on his defensive coaches, and not Marvin. Why not make a change at the top then?
Hard to say, I could be completely off base.  It is weird that Hayes made a lateral move. 
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Marvin promised them all that he was retiring after this year and reneged ?
If they all thought they had a shot to move up and got postponed, then I can see them getting upset and cashing out.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:49 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I wonder if Marvin promised them all that he was retiring after this year and reneged ?
If they all thought they had a shot to move up and got postponed, then I can see them getting upset and cashing out.

Wouldn't be the first time Marvin made some sort of promise that he broke for his own gain.
Reply/Quote
Embarrassed I do not recall the player, it will come to me though. So much happened after the incident that has had me in shock that still not thinking right.

But Jay and a player were as close to a fight on the sideline during steeler game that I have ever witnessed.

If not for multiple other players stopping it, it would have happened. The player was livid and trying to get at him hard.

Do not know exactly what caused it, but it was a brief 30 second sideline scene.

Always have liked Jay Hayes personally even though know many do not.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 09:38 PM)J24 Wrote: Hayes isn't a huge loss any coach can be successful with a healthy Geno and Dunlap as your two key guys. Also what about the fact that Hunt and Clark have produced jack shit during their  career here. Shouldn't Hayes take some responsibility for that?Coaching is so overrated in pro sports anyways it isn't a big deal. If your going to freak freak when we loose Iloka and Jones. Those two loses will mean a shot ton more than any coach on the roster.

Good point.  Same goes for the o line coach....but that bastard ' s like a cockroach around here.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nah, you're all missing the big picture here.. Hayse wanted to go copy the mega super success of Michael Johnson in Tampa. For better or worse there's more opportunities to move up on a losing team with the revolving door than in a stable organization like the Bengals..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Embarrassed I do not recall the player, it will come to me though.  So much happened after the incident that has had me in shock that still not thinking right.

But Jay and a player were as close to a fight on the sideline during steeler game that I have ever witnessed.

If not for multiple other players stopping it, it would have happened. The player was livid and trying to get at him hard.

Do not know exactly what caused it, but it was a brief 30 second sideline scene.

Always have liked Jay Hayes personally even though know many do not.

This is really interesting.  Let us know if you remember.  
Reply/Quote
He could not take a lateral move while under contract.

So his contract has expired or he was terminated.

If it expired, he could be chasing more money, not want to return, want a new challenge, or been told he would not be returning. People have claimed for years that we should have more production from the line when we have Geno, Dunlap, and MJ out there. Perhaps the team decided it was time to try someone new?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 12:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't be the first time Marvin made some sort of promise that he broke for his own gain.

Such as?
Reply/Quote
Maybe, just maybe these position coaches didn't make lateral moves in the past because they were under contract and could not. This year we decided to shake things up and gave the position coaches a chance to leave gracefully if they could get work elsewhere.

Nope that can't be it; they're bailing because we and Marvin are losers.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Staff shake up is good and bad. It's not as big of. A deal on defense since Pauly is firmly entrenched and knows exactly what he wants to do .

Will be interesting to see who comes in as DB and DL. Coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 12:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe, just maybe these position coaches didn't make lateral moves in the past because they were under contract and could not. This year we decided to shake things up and gave the position coaches a chance to leave gracefully if they could get work elsewhere.

Lol. People forget jay Hayes was a special teams coach. Marvin raised him as a pro coach. It's easy to see he maybe wanted a promotion and didn't see it in the cards here.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 12:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe, just maybe these position coaches didn't make lateral moves in the past because they were under contract and could not. This year we decided to shake things up and gave the position coaches a chance to leave gracefully if they could get work elsewhere.

Maybe it has something to do with Pauly G ?

Seems to have run things fine and the defense was successful. 

But maybe his bond with assistants does not have quite the gumption as Zimmer's did. 

Your loser theory maybe be correct as well though, or others that claim lack of opportunity to advance forward. 

Who knows, mind is still in a fog. 

Glad I finally found the board though. Do not know what happened to it but sure needed it to vent some. Actually found it again finally by googling "bfine Bengals" after failing before. So guess I owe you a thanks, yet others may want to lynch you for leaving trail for me to return. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 07:14 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Maybe because Guenther is staying and theres no opportunity to promote..

Or eat.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2016, 02:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Maybe it has something to do with Pauly G ?

Seems to have run things fine and the defense was successful. 

But maybe his bond with assistants does not have quite the gumption as Zimmer's did. 

Your loser theory maybe be correct as well though, or others that claim lack of opportunity to advance forward. 

Who knows, mind is still in a fog. 

Glad I finally found the board though. Do not know what happened to it but sure needed it to vent some. Actually found it again finally by googling "bfine Bengals" after failing before. So guess I owe you a thanks, yet others may want to lynch you for leaving trail for me to return. 

I'm sure everybody is glad you made it back. Holic had to recreate the boards behind some drama.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote