Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Jay Morrison on Sirius
Jay Morrison covers the Bengals for The Atlantic and was interviewed by the Football Insiders on Sirius this evening.

Highlights:

Joe Burrow is unlike any rookie he's ever seen. His control of the huddle and maturity is "amazing". He also mentioned his accuracy and how everybody has "bought in" to him.

Mentioned Joe Mixon had the 3rd most yards of any RB in the second half of the NFL season last year (Chubb, Henry) and is sure he'll get a deal done before the season starts. States Mixon is the emotional leader on the offense and is "All Bengal", Stated the coaches "figured it out" on the trip to London last year. Expects a huge year.

Thinks Higgins will be WR#3

Not impressed with the Defense. Thinks we'll have to score a lot

Nothing earth shattering, just though I'd share
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jay Morrison covers the Bengals for The Atlantic and was interviewed by the Football Insiders on Sirius this evening.

Highlights:

Joe Burrow is unlike any rookie he's ever seen. His control of the huddle and maturity is "amazing". He also mentioned his accuracy and how everybody has "bought in" to him.

Mentioned Joe Mixon had the 3rd most yards of any RB in the second half of the NFL season last year (Chubb, Henry) and is sure he'll get a deal done before the season starts. States Mixon is the emotional leader on the offense and is "All Bengal", Stated the coaches "figured it out" on the trip to London last year. Expects a huge year.

I had multiple people question me when I claimed he was one of the main leader’s of this team...

The defense is concerning, but maybe Burrow was just pissed after that rocky first day. Big Grin

Reply/Quote
This.defense.doesnt have to.be.great.this.year. But if.the defense can be.on.the field with.a.lead then condenses the other teams playbook
Reply/Quote
We were in games last year even with the defense as it was last year. It has to be better than last year, right? Right?! God I hope so.

It’s not hard to say this when you’re the worst team in the league but, we are going to be improved from last year no doubt!!
Reply/Quote
If the Defense plays like they did weeks 2-11 from last season then we're screwed. If they play like they did in the other 8 games then we have a chance real good.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He also said he loves the Left side of out Oline

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He also said he loves the Left side of out Oline

Who’s playing LG? Jordan?

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 09:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who’s playing LG? Jordan?

Yes

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jay Morrison covers the Bengals for The Atlantic and was interviewed by the Football Insiders on Sirius this evening.

Highlights:

Sounds good but I just have to say that with a rookie that is unlike anything he has ever seen is torching the D I don't know
what to say. It is one or the other, either he is that good or the Defense just cannot cover the perfect throws and the great 
plays being made by the Receivers. BTW....

Mixon ROCKS and should have a great year with Burrow here, same with Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds good but I just have to say that with a rookie that is unlike anything he has ever seen is torching the D I don't know
what to say. It is one or the other, either he is that good or the Defense just cannot cover the perfect throws and the great 
plays being made by the Receivers. BTW....

Mixon ROCKS and should have a great year with Burrow here, same with Boyd.
If Andy was QBing vs this defense the defense would be looking all world.
It's all relative.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Andy was QBing vs this defense the defense would be looking all world.
It's all relative.

Feel the same. Burrow is special and is just growing.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:11 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If Andy was QBing vs this defense the defense would be looking all world.
It's all relative.

Who?

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who?

True Nicomo, lets just move on with Burrow eh?

The Defense was looking very good the other day, but we know how Burrow is, he is a fighter man.

Oh boy, if Fred is seeing my post damn does he want to respond lol
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 09:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I had multiple people question me when I claimed he was one of the main leader’s of this team...

The defense is concerning, but maybe Burrow was just pissed after that rocky first day. Big Grin

Clemson had a really good defense. Look what Burrow did to them.

I don't care how good your defense is. If you give a good QB time to throw, he's going to find guys open and hit them. 

The comparisons to Brady are not far-fetched. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
If this defense doesn’t show a ton of improvement something is wrong. To many good players on that side of the ball to struggle like we did last year.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:34 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Clemson had a really good defense. Look what Burrow did to them.

I don't care how good your defense is. If you give a good QB time to throw, he's going to find guys open and hit them. 

The comparisons to Brady are not far-fetched. 

What’s really exciting is we haven’t even seen him with AJ yet...

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:35 PM)Burreaux Wrote: If this defense doesn’t show a ton of improvement something is wrong. To many good players on that side of the ball to struggle like we did last year.

Yep. Anarumo needs to prove his worth this year. He doesn’t have a great track record to my knowledge.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Feel the same. Burrow is special and is just growing.

One thing not brought up.is that Burrow seems to be the kind
Of QB that wont force the ball to 1 target  or throw into double coverage too much . He might be that QB who will go to a hot target until the defense adjusts.
I dont expect him.to be flawless or All Pro out the gate 
But I expect him to make a error learn.from it and not repeat it 
Reply/Quote
I have to put the hype of Burrows scrimmage performance in perspective. He did this against mostly second stringers or below. My attitude is meh....I believe he will be great but this scrimmage proves nothing to me on how his rookie season will unfold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2020, 11:48 PM)impactplaya Wrote: One thing not brought up.is that Burrow seems to be the kind
Of QB that wont force the ball to 1 target  or throw into double coverage too much . He might be that QB who will go to a hot target until the defense adjusts.
I dont expect him.to be flawless or All Pro out the gate 
But I expect him to make a error learn.from it and not repeat it 

This is what I want to see as well. Let the team's record fall where it may.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote