Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Morrison question from Twitter
Jay is asking, with the Immaculate Reception 50th anniversary in mind, what is the most iconic play in Bengal history?

I chose Germaine Pratt's game-saving INT in the wildcard game. It broke the playoff curse and kind of symbolized how last season went

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Dolphins kicking the winning field goal in the 2019 game that clinched us Joe Burrow.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:30 PM)pally Wrote: Jay is asking, with the Immaculate Reception 50th anniversary in mind, what is the most iconic play in Bengal history?

I chose Germaine Pratt's game-saving INT in the wildcard game.  It broke the playoff curse and kind of symbolized how last season went

It's really hard to argue against that one. It isn't the best play by any stretch, but the meaning to the franchise, fanbase, city was just so immense. That stadium erupted like I have never heard it in my life. Bengals fans across the nation were crying and jumping for joy. I think the only thing that could do that at this point would be a Super Bowl victory. 

I would vote for Pratts pick as well. 
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately the first two plays that come to mind were both against us by the Broncos. Don’t think that’s what he’s looking for here though lol

I will always be partial to the Brian Leonard 4th and 10 dive to keep the Cardiac Cats alive on the game winning drive vs Pitt back in 2009 as far as good iconic. Could have several options from that season. The 2005 playoff bomb on the 2nd play would have been one if it didn’t end in 2 injuries. First playoff game in forever and come out with that play….damn shame
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:30 PM)pally Wrote: Jay is asking, with the Immaculate Reception 50th anniversary in mind, what is the most iconic play in Bengal history?

I chose Germaine Pratt's game-saving INT in the wildcard game. It broke the playoff curse and kind of symbolized how last season went

Jesse Bates tip to Vonn Bell in overtime of the AFCCG last year. The whole country thought Mahomes was gonna march down the field after Apple dropped an interception the previous play.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:47 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Dolphins kicking the winning field goal in the 2019 game that clinched us Joe Burrow.

The real reason why Brian Flores was fired. 
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Jonathan Taylors game winning TD reception in the SuperBowl.
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, when I think most iconic in Bengal history I think Joe Montana to John Taylor.

If I'm picking one where we end up on the winning end. I remember being pretty excited about an Andre Caldwell TD against Buffalo.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 03:19 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Jonathan Taylors game winning TD reception in the SuperBowl.

That was about 2 seconds away from being replaced by Burrow to Chase
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
While not the most iconic... Simpson's Flip into the Endzone will always be one i remember.

Reply/Quote
Until they win a Super Bowl, the most iconic play to me will be Pete Johnson getting stuffed on 4th and goal at the 1 foot line.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 03:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: While not the most iconic... Simpson's Flip into the Endzone will always be one i remember.

That's my pick.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Last season, McPherson's 31-yard game winning field goal to put the Bengals in the Super Bowl made me cry.

That's my vote.
Reply/Quote
Stanford Jennings kick return

https://youtu.be/gLL3P22W_qM
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hills fumble and subsequent meltdown by the team to lose in 2015.
Reply/Quote
I know what it would've been if Joe had another half second last year
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 03:09 PM)jason Wrote: Jesse Bates tip to Vonn Bell in overtime of the AFCCG last year. The whole country thought Mahomes was gonna march down the field after Apple dropped an interception the previous play.

Yeah, this play...

Of course the Playoff P INT was huge as well, but we went to the Super Bowl off of this play by Vonn and Jessie.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 04:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Stanford Jennings kick return

https://youtu.be/gLL3P22W_qM

That has to be up there as one of the best moments. It didn't end up the way we all hoped but that was an epic play.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 04:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Last season, McPherson's 31-yard game winning field goal to put the Bengals in the Super Bowl made me cry.

That's my vote.

Me too
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That was about 2 seconds away from being replaced by Burrow to Chase

Damn, you just had to bring that up huh??  Major ouch.
Reply/Quote