Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jay Morrison question from Twitter
(12-22-2022, 04:27 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Stanford Jennings kick return

https://youtu.be/gLL3P22W_qM

This. I thought we had it won after that.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 07:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We, uh, shouldn't talk that one up too much. Lets just let history forget that one.

That, and Ickey wasn't even at UNLV yet in 81. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 08:57 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think picking a play that went against the Bengals tends to defeat the intended spirit of the exercise, so I will pass on that. Here's a pile of things worth consideration (in no order) that I spent a few minutes thinking about -- there are likely many candidates that I have overlooked or am even unaware of from before Super Bowl XVI.

- Joe Mixon touchdown pass to Tee Higgins in Super Bowl LVI
- Stanford Jennings touchdown kick return in Super Bowl XXIII
- Kenny Anderson touchdown pass to Dan Ross in Super Bowl XVI
- Corey Dillon scores late against Denver in 2000 to break the single-game rushing record
- Germaine Pratt goal line interception to end the 31 year playoff win drought
- Joe Burrow touchdown pass to Ja'Marr Chase in the AFC Championship Game to complete the comeback (alongside Trent Taylor's 2-point conversion)
- Giovani Bernard's wild touchdown against the Dolphins in 2013
- Boomer Esiason touchdown pass to Anthony Munoz to tie the game against Cleveland in 1984
- Peter Warrick touchdown punt return against the 9-0 Chiefs in 2003
- Neil O'Donnell fake spike touchdown pass to Carl Pickens to upset the Steelers in 1998

Great list.

Reply/Quote
Don’t remember the players except for I believe Boomer Esiason and either Carl Pickens or Darnay Scott, but the flea flicker on Monday night football against the Steelers. It’s one of my earliest memories and still think of it sometimes.
Reply/Quote
Jennings kickoff, we were a decided underdog and that showed them we were there to play to the end plus it was not the big stage of the SB with a kickoff return
Reply/Quote
Really liked Andy to Tyler against the Ravens.

Pratt’s interception although an incompletion would have had the same result. I was in the opposite end zone and didn’t know exactly what happened. Just saw the players going nuts. The feeling of relief was overwhelming. Walked back to my car and just sat there by myself with the engine off for twenty minutes. The cold felt right. You have to go through a lot of shit to have that good of a feeling.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This team changed, about two years ago to the day, when they beat the Steelers with nothing to play for.

The hit on JuJu started our shift on defense and overall mentality of this team. That’s when I believed in Zac, at least that the team had bought in.

With that said, not most iconic play in 50 years of history, but it’s one that stands out.
Reply/Quote
Another underrated play:

Andy Dalton completes a pass to Tyler Eifert, who has to go full extension to make the catch, to propel the big comeback over the Seahawks and go to 5-0 in 2015.
Reply/Quote
The Boomer pass to Munoz tho force overtime against the Clowns which led to the win

or

the Jerome Simpson flip

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 11:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Really liked Andy to Tyler against the Ravens.

Pratt’s interception although an incompletion would have had the same result. I was in the opposite end zone and didn’t know exactly what happened. Just saw the players going nuts. The feeling of relief was overwhelming. Walked back to my car and just sat there by myself with the engine off for twenty minutes. The cold felt right. You have to go through a lot of shit to have that good of a feeling.

Andy to Tyler kind of pissed me off, to be honest.  

That play got Marvin a new lease on life when he was all but out the door.
Reply/Quote
To me, for years it was the Billups dropped interception in the end zone in the '88 SB. Now it's the Pratt interception to seal the playoff win. It's perfect symmetry that shows that we finally have a team that can seize the moment.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 01:37 PM)samhain Wrote: Andy to Tyler kind of pissed me off, to be honest.  

That play got Marvin a new lease on life when he was all but out the door.

Marv only lasted 1 more season. Really not a big deal at all
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:20 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Another underrated play:

Andy Dalton completes a pass to Tyler Eifert, who has to go full extension to make the catch, to propel the big comeback over the Seahawks and go to 5-0 in 2015.

My daughters' first game....it was a thriller.

Reply/Quote
Could be that Hubbard play? Especially if we make another run.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:37 AM)tBengal Wrote: Could be that Hubbard play? Especially if we make another run.

Has to be.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don't know..Sam Hubbard running all that way with cement shoes on for the TD is going into the books.  We'll all see that one over and over and over again throughout the rest of our lives..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:37 AM)tBengal Wrote: Could be that Hubbard play? Especially if we make another run.

Yeah I was going to start a post asking if this is the best play in Bengal history but glad this one was bumped.  This is it, Logan (looked like Pratt as about to help) and Hubbard made it.

They were going to be down 7 and the offense played bad after. Maybe it was playing conservative and the like injuries but even if they get the tie, the Ravens get the ball with Tucket able to hit from 60.  These men saved the season on one play. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 12:20 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Another underrated play:

That was the game I decided to say screw it..I'm going fishing.That lasted a few years on this board..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:30 PM)pally Wrote: Jay is asking, with the Immaculate Reception 50th anniversary in mind, what is the most iconic play in Bengal history?

I chose Germaine Pratt's game-saving INT in the wildcard game.  It broke the playoff curse and kind of symbolized how last season went

Has to be Playoff P's INT that started our run last year, but that play by Bates and Bell was great in the AFCC game too and last night 
the Rumble in the Jungle with Logan, Germaine and Sam was pretty dang iconic as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 01:47 AM)grampahol Wrote: I don't know..Sam Hubbard running all that way with cement shoes on for the TD is going into the books.  We'll all see that one over and over and over again throughout the rest of our lives..

The Hubbard Heist.  That one will be remembered for a long time.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote