Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jealous people
I have to vent. I really shouldn't let this stuff bother me but does anyone else get people that are jealous of you after you go on vacation somewhere? I just went to Arizona on vacation and my first day back at work I had a few coworkers that didn't ask about my vacation or would give me the cold shoulder. One in particular said where do you get all the money to go there. She asked me did your parents pay for it and I responded I haven't had someone pay my way since 2009 going on vacation. I know she is in debt and has to work 2 jobs because of it so I responded I cant help it that your in debt lol and walked away. She tells me you must live at home then and I was like nope its called saving your money from working! I just hate Jealous people that try to diminish your accomplishments. This is the exact reason I got off of Facebook is it seems like people are in competiton with each other trying to brag about their accomplishments. You guys have any Jealous coworkers or friends?
Reply/Quote
sorta.

whenever I wear my gold chains with my numbers on it, people at always like "no way you've got 12."

and I'm always like "what? It's 1-2."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That's everywhere you go lol I do at my job. Went on a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas in February, off work 10 days and when I came back I felt a very weird vibe like I didn't belong. I didn't let it bother me, I kind of expected it. People just suck. That won't ever change. Even the people I thought I was cool with didn't want to hear about it or just changed the subject awkwardly and fast. The only person who asked and was happy to hear about my vaca was my boss. Oh well. Hope you had a good time in Arizona, never been.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:24 PM)Takedown Wrote: That's everywhere you go lol I do at my job. Went on a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas in February, off work 10 days and when I came back I felt a very weird vibe like I didn't belong. I didn't let it bother me, I kind of expected it. People just suck. That won't ever change. Even the people I thought I was cool with didn't want to hear about it or just changed the subject awkwardly and fast. The only person who asked and was happy to hear about my vaca was my boss. Oh well. Hope you had a good time in Arizona, never been.

That's exactly how I felt going back to work this morning like I didn't belong. Its funny too that most of my bosses are happy for me but my coworkers who can see smoke coming out of their ears when they see you lol. The Bahamas sound awesome, how was it and do you take off on the cruise from Florida? I have decided now I know who to share my travels with and whom not to share it with. I even change the subject when the jealous people ask me about it because they always say Must be nice or things like that. That coworker that asked me how do I afford all these trips I just say simple go through allegiant airlines because they get you some flights from $70 to $200 and if you have a free place to stay then you go 2000 miles away from home and get away with spending less then $700. It just irritates the living daylights out of me that people think just because you don't make a crap ton of money that you shouldn't leave the area. Sorry for the rant guys.
Reply/Quote
Print out a bunch of pictures from the vaca and leave them around work. **** 'em. There is a reason they are co-workers and not friends. Get a little extra enjoyment out of their self inflicted misery.

AZ was beautiful last week btw. I was there for a few days of spring training and golf myself. Good for you.
Reply/Quote
People realize if they had saved and not spent money foolishly, they might have been able to take a vacation. Most people don't handle money wisely. They see something and impulse buy things they can't afford and salesmen help them do it so they can take their own vacations. I've been on both sides of the fence you are describing. When I was younger I was in debt up to my ears. However, now I'm pushing 50, I have little debt and more cash in my savings. So I guess what you are experiencing is not about you at all but people self-criticizing themselves and their efforts at what truly makes them happy or would make them happy. It's all about living and learning.

Reply/Quote
I have never had any co-workers act like they were jealous of me whn I came back from a vacation.  Honest.  No one has ever asked me how I afforded a vacation, and if somone doea not ask about my vacation I do not assume they are jealous.  I just assume that they don't care to hear what I did on my vacation. The only people I ever see get grief for anything like that are the people who always try to act like they were better than everyone else.  

For some reason it sounds like you were expecting (hoping) that people would be jealous of you before you even talked to anyone.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:06 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I have to vent. I really shouldn't let this stuff bother me but does anyone else get people that are jealous of you after you go on vacation somewhere? I just went to Arizona on vacation and my first day back at work I had a few coworkers that didn't ask about my vacation or would give me the cold shoulder. One in particular said where do you get all the money to go there. She asked me did your parents pay for it and I responded I haven't had someone pay my way since 2009 going on vacation. I know she is in debt and has to work 2 jobs because of it so I responded I cant help it that your in debt lol and walked away. She tells me you must live at home then and I was like nope its called saving your money from working! I just hate Jealous people that try to diminish your accomplishments. This is the exact reason I got off of Facebook is it seems like people are in competiton with each other trying to brag about their accomplishments. You guys have any Jealous coworkers or friends?

Tell her you lick wangs in the break room for extra money and you have been doing it 5 days a week but you are willing to cut back and giver her Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2017, 11:06 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I have to vent. I really shouldn't let this stuff bother me but does anyone else get people that are jealous of you after you go on vacation somewhere? I just went to Arizona on vacation and my first day back at work I had a few coworkers that didn't ask about my vacation or would give me the cold shoulder. One in particular said where do you get all the money to go there. She asked me did your parents pay for it and I responded I haven't had someone pay my way since 2009 going on vacation. I know she is in debt and has to work 2 jobs because of it so I responded I cant help it that your in debt lol and walked away. She tells me you must live at home then and I was like nope its called saving your money from working! I just hate Jealous people that try to diminish your accomplishments. This is the exact reason I got off of Facebook is it seems like people are in competiton with each other trying to brag about their accomplishments. You guys have any Jealous coworkers or friends?

To answer the question, yeah I used to work with a bunch of jerks like that. Everyone of them was sure every other one of them was getting preferential treatment. Even people who were "friends" would backbite and talk about their "friends" behind their backs. Charming.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote

(03-18-2017, 12:04 AM)packerbacker Wrote: That's exactly how I felt going back to work this morning like I didn't belong. Its funny too that most of my bosses are happy for me but my coworkers who can see smoke coming out of their ears when they see you lol. The Bahamas sound awesome, how was it and do you take off on the cruise from Florida? I have decided now I know who to share my travels with and whom not to share it with. I even change the subject when the jealous people ask me about it because they always say Must be nice or things like that. That coworker that asked me how do I afford all these trips I just say simple go through allegiant airlines because they get you some flights from $70 to $200 and if you have a free place to stay then you go 2000 miles away from home and get away with spending less then $700. It just irritates the living daylights out of me that people think just because you don't make a crap ton of money that you shouldn't leave the area. Sorry for the rant guys.
I have to ask.  What kind of work do you do?  I have never experienced this in my work environment.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 10:36 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never had any co-workers act like they were jealous of me whn I came back from a vacation.  Honest.  No one has ever asked me how I afforded a vacation, and if somone doea not ask about my vacation I do not assume they are jealous.  I just assume that they don't care to hear what I did on my vacation. The only people I ever see get grief for anything like that are the people who always try to act like they were better than everyone else.  

For some reason it sounds like you were expecting (hoping) that people would be jealous of you before you even talked to anyone.

Hey Fred.  You're asshole is showing.  You might want to cover that up.

*hands Fred a tarp the size of Texas*
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 10:48 AM)Stewy Wrote: Hey Fred.  You're asshole is showing.  You might want to cover that up.

*hands Fred a tarp the size of Texas*

Reply/Quote
Another question is " why do you feel the need to brag about your vacations at work ? "
Why not just share your happiness with those who express interest first. ( friends )
It almost hurts, but I see Fredtoasts side in this.Some folk just like to work while on the job.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 12:13 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Another question is " why do you feel the need to brag about your vacations at work ? "
Why not just share your happiness with those who express interest first. ( friends )
It almost hurts, but I see Fredtoasts side in this.

I saw no signs of bragging in the OP.

There are normal things people say to coworkers in the workplace. Here are some examples.

Someone leaves to pick up a sick child. On said coworker's return people ask, "Hey, is your kid o.k.?"

People come in on Monday morning. They ask each other, "How was your weekend?"

People clock out. They ask each other, "Doing anything special after work today?"

People return from vacation. People ask, "How was your trip?"

In the last example, they don't typically ask whose knob you have been slobbering to get the money and time off to go on vacation, unless they are dickweeds. Spell check is underlining dickweed, but trust me on this, it is a plant found throughout the U.S. and its prickly nature has led to the use of the term as a descriptor for certain people. This is an example of "local color" in language, with the term "dickweed" describing an unpleasant and annoying person aka a kill joy.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 12:04 AM)packerbacker Wrote: That's exactly how I felt going back to work this morning like I didn't belong. Its funny too that most of my bosses are happy for me but my coworkers who can see smoke coming out of their ears when they see you lol. The Bahamas sound awesome, how was it and do you take off on the cruise from Florida? I have decided now I know who to share my travels with and whom not to share it with. I even change the subject when the jealous people ask me about it because they always say Must be nice or things like that. That coworker that asked me how do I afford all these trips I just say simple go through allegiant airlines because they get you some flights from $70 to $200 and if you have a free place to stay then you go 2000 miles away from home and get away with spending less then $700. It just irritates the living daylights out of me that people think just because you don't make a crap ton of money that you shouldn't leave the area. Sorry for the rant guys.

Yeah from Jacksonville. It was great, went parasailing, got drunk at senior frogs and bought some rum cake lol 95% of the food was free on the ship and it just felt good to get away from the city life tbh. I had a blast. I'm still fairly new to my job, so I'm still filtering out the douchebags from the mellow/whatever people. I typically keep to myself, I'm at work to make money, making friends is just a bonus.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 01:52 PM)Takedown Wrote: Yeah from Jacksonville. It was great, went parasailing, got drunk at senior frogs and bought some rum cake lol 95% of the food was free on the ship and it just felt good to get away from the city life tbh. I had a blast. I'm still fairly new to my job, so I'm still filtering out the douchebags from the mellow/whatever people. I typically keep to myself, I'm at work to make money, making friends is just a bonus.

Very true. Most people at the work place are, or have the ability to stab you in the back just to get a .50 bump in pay. Pathetic.

Reply/Quote
I could give a flying **** about anyone else's vacation, to be honest. If they've recently gone on one it's going to be the very last topic I bring up, because they'll get the mistaken impression I care and drone on endlessly about it. Invariably they drag out the pictures and you're stuck for 20 minutes watching a sequence illustrating their niece Courtney riding a donkey through the Grand Canyon. Cause, that's what people do. Once you learn that lesson you have a happier work life.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 03:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I could give a flying **** about anyone else's vacation, to be honest.  If they've recently gone on one it's going to be the very last topic I bring up, because they'll get the mistaken impression I care and drone on endlessly about it.  Invariably they drag out the pictures and you're stuck for 20 minutes watching a sequence illustrating their niece Courtney riding a donkey through the Grand Canyon.  Cause, that's what people do.  Once you learn that lesson you have a happier work life.

Something tells me if Courtney had only ridden a llama your life would have been completely different. Our lives are so mysterious. Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 02:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very true. Most people at the work place are, or have the ability to stab you in the back just to get a .50 bump in pay. Pathetic.

Very pathetic. It's the people with no life outside of work that like to dramatize every little thing that goes on in the workplace. Annoying...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 03:24 PM)Takedown Wrote: Very pathetic. It's the people with no life outside of work that like to dramatize every little thing that goes on in the workplace. Annoying...

Good point. And, it likely explains a lot of the hostility toward the OP viz his trip.
Reply/Quote