Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jeb Bush Now Going With: Thanks Obama Approach
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/jeb-bush-iraq-obama-fault-118171.html?hp=l3_4

This guy is hilarious.

Quote:“Knowing what we know now, Mr. President, should you have kept 10,000 troops in Iraq?”

Knowing what we know now, maybe your brother and his Haliburton buddy should have stayed the **** out of Iraq in the first place.
[Image: bey.gif]
(05-21-2015, 05:37 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/jeb-bush-iraq-obama-fault-118171.html?hp=l3_4

This guy is hilarious.

Knowing what we know now, maybe your brother and his Haliburton buddy should have stayed the **** out of Iraq in the first place.

If this country elects a Bush or Clinton we deserve everythng we get .... Every bit of corruption and shame.
(05-21-2015, 05:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If this country elects a Bush or Clinton we deserve everythng we get .... Every bit of corruption and shame.

In the event that this happens, I will probably file for Canadian Citizenship.
(05-21-2015, 05:37 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/jeb-bush-iraq-obama-fault-118171.html?hp=l3_4

This guy is hilarious.

No doubt in hindsight going into Iraq this time may have been a mistake. Actually, the 1st mistake was most likely leaving too soon the 1st time (Gulf War). WTS, does it now mean that policy that future leaders make should be "excused"?

Hell, you're giving Jeb some of the blame and all he has been in the Governor of FL.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-21-2015, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt in hindsight going into Iraq this time may have been a mistake. Actually, the 1st mistake was most likely leaving too soon the 1st time (Gulf War). WTS, does it now mean that policy that future leaders make should be "excused"?

Hell, you're giving Jeb some of the blame and all he has been in the Governor of FL.

Jeb is not a bad guy. His progressive policies are the problem.

He was conservative down here at times.... But you can't run the federal gov like a governor runs a state. That's why we have the confusion when a governor tries to do state things at the federal level.

This guy is hilarious.

Why not use it? It's worked for Obama his entire presidency.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Jeb is getting jumped on by his own party about what he said.  I find it really irritating that everyone knows what he meant, but try to play it off like he's a war monger.  He just stated that he would have went to war in Iraq, the same as the majority had voted to do(stating that even Hillary was for it).  That was when it was happening.  Not after all that we know now.

I really can't stand either side of politics extremist.  I have listened to some right wing big mouths and most didn't want anything to do with Jeb Bush for a variety of reasons.  Mostly that he doesn't tow the party line, and sometimes makes decisions that are considered liberal by his own party.  Of course there is that last name Bush that most realize is tarnished.

Would I vote for that guy?  Probably not.  Yet I find this attack to be ignorant.  It's too bad he won't just say that.  They would probably turn it into more negative that he's calling people stupid on top of being a war monger.  So he's trying to deflect and re-direct the focus.  Which is just as silly as overblowing what he said.

I expect Kasich to get the same treatment to come. Far right wingers are already negative about him too.

Oh well...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(05-21-2015, 06:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Jeb is not a bad guy.  His progressive policies are the problem.  

He was conservative down here at times.... But you can't run the federal gov like a governor runs a state.  That's why we have the confusion when a governor tries to do state things at the federal level.

Dontcha know.....
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(05-21-2015, 08:28 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Jeb is getting jumped on by his own party about what he said.  I find it really irritating that everyone knows what he meant, but try to play it off like he's a war monger.  He just stated that he would have went to war in Iraq, the same as the majority had voted to do(stating that even Hillary was for it).  That was when it was happening.  Not after all that we know now.

I really can't stand either side of politics extremist.  I have listened to some right wing big mouths and most didn't want anything to do with Jeb Bush for a variety of reasons.  Mostly that he doesn't tow the party line, and sometimes makes decisions that are considered liberal by his own party.  Of course there is that last name Bush that most realize is tarnished.

Would I vote for that guy?  Probably not.  Yet I find this attack to be ignorant.  It's too bad he won't just say that.  They would probably turn it into more negative that he's calling people stupid on top of being a war monger.  So he's trying to deflect and re-direct the focus.  Which is just as silly as overblowing what he said.

I expect Kasich to get the same treatment to come.  Far right wingers are already negative about him too.

Oh well...

By Far Right Wingers, whom are you speaking of? The Tea Party Patriots, The Constitutionalists, The Libertarians? Because the majority of the party is plain old RINO establishment Republicans that seem to be moving more Progressive than Conservative.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(05-21-2015, 06:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt in hindsight going into Iraq this time may have been a mistake. Actually, the 1st mistake was most likely leaving too soon the 1st time (Gulf War). WTS, does it now mean that policy that future leaders make should be "excused"?

At the time didn't they come to the conclusion that going in after Saddam would destabilize the entire region so they backed off?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/bush-gulf-war/

Quote:Seeking Clear-Cut Victory
President Bush's experiences in combat were never far from his mind as he began to discuss possible war plans with Secretary of Defense Richard Cheney and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Colin Powell. Powell would later remark that he was surprised by the level of detail in the president's questioning about the plans. After reviewing the initial draft, the president sent the war planners back to the drawing board. Bush wanted an approach that left no room for defeat. He was determined to provide the military with whatever they needed to win quickly and decisively. Cheney referred to Bush's approach as a post-Vietnam "don't screw-around school of military strategy."

Stopping Short of Baghdad
On January 17, 1991, American and allied forces began launching air attacks on Iraqi forces and on February 24 the ground campaign began. By February 27, the coalition had achieved their stated mission of ejecting the Iraqi army out of Kuwait. Exactly 100 hundred hours after the ground battle had begun, the allies suspended all offensive operations. While Bush's decision to conclude the war without removing Saddam Hussein from power would become controversial, his advisors would recall that the president was insistent that the war should not exceed the authorization of the Security Council. Interviewed in 2007, when the U.S. had been fighting in Iraq for more than four years in a war initiated by Bush's son, President George W. Bush, Colin Powell remarked, "In recent months, nobody's been asking me about why we didn't go to Baghdad. Pretty good idea now why Baghdad should always be looked at with some reservations."

http://millercenter.org/president/bush/essays/biography/5

Quote:Critics argued, however, that the victory was hollow because Saddam Hussein remained in power. They faulted Bush for not pursuing Hussein and his army into Iraq and removing him from power. However, President Bush and his team had been clear from the beginning that their primary war aim was to make Iraq withdraw from Kuwait, and they achieved that goal. The removal of Hussein from power had never been one of the administration's war aims. Many in the administration argued that pursuing Hussein into Iraq and attempting to topple him from power would destabilize the region and lead to a lengthy military engagement.

Which, you know, it did...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Well, he's got a lot of catching up to do to Obama's "Thanks, W" shtick.
(05-21-2015, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By Far Right Wingers, whom are you speaking of?  The Tea Party Patriots, The Constitutionalists, The Libertarians?  Because the majority of the party is plain old RINO establishment Republicans that seem to be moving more Progressive than Conservative.

As far as a negative view towards Jeb or Kasich?

Jeb has been getting bashed for quite some time by Levin, Limbaugh, and Beck. They act as if they loathe him.

Kasich, whom I believe is a viable candidate, is not received well by others but not quite to the extent of Bush yet.

The similarity of the two prospects are they both aren't straight line conservatives and usually wear their sentiments on their sleeve.

Now to some this might seem a good quality... yet with an open mouth void of a strong filter it can lead to trouble sometimes.

I hope this answers your question.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]

This guy is hilarious.

Obama opponents wouldn't give him credit for the withdrawal from Iraq because it was negotiated by the Bush administration before Obama was elected.

Now they blame him for the withdrawal from Iraq even though it had already been negotiated by the Bush administration before Obama was elected.

Funny how quickly people forget.
(05-22-2015, 10:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obama opponents wouldn't give him credit for the withdrawal from Iraq because it was negotiated by the Bush administration before Obama was elected.

Now they blame him for the withdrawal from Iraq even though it had already been negotiated by the Bush administration before Obama was elected.

Shhhhh!!!

[Image: FYxAmtC.gif]
(05-22-2015, 10:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Obama opponents wouldn't give him credit for the withdrawal from Iraq because it was negotiated by the Bush administration before Obama was elected.

In actual fact, it was a 3 year(?) agreement, with provisions to be renegotiated/extended. It was never Bush's intention to prematurely withdraw, but to re-evaluate and make the determination on current conditions that couldn't be predicted when the agreement was originally negotiated.

Obama sought to extend the agreement, but refused when Iraq allegedly refused to grant immunity to our soldiers. So the only correct view here is Obama tried to do the right thing but his hands were tied, or simply that Obama failed to negotiate an amenable agreement.

Bush left with a timetable in place, as he should have, but it's up to the Commander-in-Chief to determine if that timetable is still practical and alter course as necessary.
(05-21-2015, 05:55 PM)Steeler Eater Wrote: In the event that this happens, I will probably file for Canadian Citizenship.

I may anyway. You have to drink crappy beer, BUT everyone gets free maple syrup. And healthcare.
(05-22-2015, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: I may anyway. You have to drink crappy beer, BUT everyone gets free maple syrup. And healthcare.

The coffee is pretty good. Like a poor man's McD's.
(05-22-2015, 02:53 PM)Benton Wrote: I may anyway. You have to drink crappy beer, BUT everyone gets free maple syrup. And healthcare.

But the most important thing to reconsider when relocating up north is what do you call Canadian Bacon and do you know call the good stuff American Bacon?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Legitimate question. Did we exit Iraq too soon?

To be fair, Obama tried to keep troops in Iraq longer than the Bush time table called for but Iraq said no.

What will be funny is if Obama backers use that piece of information as it will show that the Iraq exit should be credited with Bush, not Obama, and Obama tried to go back on a campaign promise by staying in Iraq.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-23-2015, 10:45 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Legitimate question. Did we exit Iraq too soon?

To be fair, Obama tried to keep troops in Iraq longer than the Bush time table called for but Iraq said no.

What will be funny is if Obama backers use that piece of information as it will show that the Iraq exit should be credited with Bush, not Obama, and Obama tried to go back on a campaign promise by staying in Iraq.

I thought the stay of 10,000 forces was the issue. Obama didn't wanna leave them.