Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jeff Driskel....Did you know?
(01-23-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2010 Jeff Driskel was named the Maxwell Club's National High School Player of the Year.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel made his first start at the University of Florida lining up at WR.  He played the rest of the game at QB.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel broke the University of Florida single game rushing record for quarterbacks with 177 yards against Vanderbilt (passing Tim Tebow).

In 2013 Jeff Driskel was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the MLB draft.  He signed a contract but indicated that he would not pursue a career in professional baseball.

In 2015 Jeff Driskel set the New Orleans Bowl record for most passing yards (458) and longest td pass (71 yds)

In 2016 Jeff Driskel ran a 4.56 forty at the NFL combine.  According to combine records only three active NFL QBs had a faster time (Tyrod Taylor 4.51 in 2011, Marcus Mariota 4.52 in '15, Russell Wilson 4.55 in '12).  Also only 3 active QBs had a longer Broad Jump at the combine than Driskel's 10'2" (Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Andrew Luck)

Jeff Driskel's wife, Tarin Moses, was the Captain of the University of Florida Cheerleading team.

[Image: jeff-driskel-girlfriend.jpg?w=314&h=176....&strip=all]

Wow! I didn't know all of that.
Reply/Quote
What a hottie, whew! Pervert :drool:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great info Fred! You know, it sounds like he's a better ATHLETE than AD or AJM. Whether or not he can develop into the complete package remains to be seen, but the fact that he shunned baseball tells me he really wants to be a football player! Interesting comparisons made there with Tyrod, Cam, and Russell Wilson in several areas. If he could become something in between Cam and Russell, the sky could be the limit. Then again, if he becomes an East/West runner who can't throw (like Tyrod) we have nothing but a backup at best. Could it be we already have that diamond in the rough superstar already on our roster...I sure hope so. However, I'll temper my expectations and see what happens, I've gotten excited too many times over Bengal backup QB's only to be let down hard. But, when you're a Bengal fan; hope is mostly all you have, so I'll keep hoping; if any team deserves a break it is us!
Reply/Quote
Here is my take on Driskel. I saw him play in college and he didn't look that great. He looked like RB playing QB. But 2018 will be his 3rd year in the league so the Bengals should know enough about him by now to decide if we need to start looking for another back up QB.

I like McCarron, but I would definitely trade him if we could get a second round pick.
Reply/Quote
That was a lot of typing just to have an excuse to show a pic of Driskell's wife.

She is smoking though. Great smile.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: jeff-driskel-girlfriend.jpg?w=314&h=176....&strip=all]

After studying this picture in-depth (for scientific purposes, of course), I've come to the conclusion that my pants are prone to sudden instances of tightening and that she looks like Marissa Tomei in this pic.

(01-24-2018, 12:58 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was all for trading AJ prior to last season and letting Driskel be the back-up. I still think he has a high ceiling and would be interested to see what he can do in the Pre-season against better competition.

Heck, I'm STILL in favor of trading AJ (assuming he's not a free agent) and letting Driskel be the backup.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: After studying this picture in-depth (for scientific purposes, of course), I've come to the conclusion that my pants are prone to sudden instances of tightening and that she looks like Marissa Tomei in this pic.

Heck, I'm STILL in favor of trading AJ (assuming he's not a free agent) and letting Driskel be the backup.

Looks more like one of the Kardashian’s to me.

She ain’t got nothing on Katherine Webb, IMO. Well, maybe two things...

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 07:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Looks more like one of the Kardashian’s to me.

She ain’t got nothing on Katherine Webb, IMO. Well, maybe two things...

BIngo.

Thought yesterday, when I saw it, "That's Kourtney with shades on."

Nicer smile though.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is my take on Driskel.  I saw him play in college and he didn't look that great.  He looked like  RB playing QB.  But 2018 will be his 3rd year in the league so the Bengals should know enough about him by now to decide if we need to start looking for another back up QB.

I like McCarron, but I would definitely trade him if we could get a second round pick.

Interesting athlete, for sure.  I like that we have a backup on the roster that offers such a different skillset.

I'm a bit curious as to who put that list of 40 times together, though.  Your info said that only 3 QBs were faster than Driskel, but I'm pretty sure that Michael Vick ran a 4.25 40 at his combine.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 08:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   I'm a bit curious as to who put that list of 40 times together, though.  Your info said that only 3 QBs were faster than Driskel, but I'm pretty sure that Michael Vick ran a 4.25 40 at his combine.

The list of QBs were just the ones active as QBs in the NFL.  There have been other guys who were faster that are not in the league or are not playing QB in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is my take on Driskel.  I saw him play in college and he didn't look that great.  He looked like  RB playing QB.  But 2018 will be his 3rd year in the league so the Bengals should know enough about him by now to decide if we need to start looking for another back up QB.

That's what I saw as well, of course, UF just wasn't that great when he was there either......that said, he looked a little better as a QB during the preseason here last year.  He looked better than he did at Florida.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: After studying this picture in-depth (for scientific purposes, of course), I've come to the conclusion that my pants are prone to sudden instances of tightening and that she looks like Marissa Tomei in this pic.

Has always been my stance as well. 

Hopefully that ship has not sailed into FA. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's what I saw as well, of course, UF just wasn't that great when he was there either......that said, he looked a little better as a QB during the preseason here last year.  He looked better than he did at Florida.

Thought he showed promise in preseason. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:25 AM)Wyche Wrote: That's what I saw as well, of course, UF just wasn't that great when he was there either......that said, he looked a little better as a QB during the preseason here last year.  He looked better than he did at Florida.

How could you see anything other than his wife's pic. 

She is an attention grabber. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 11:31 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Thought he showed promise in preseason. 

I did too, looked a little more polished.

(01-25-2018, 11:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: How could you see anything other than his wife's pic. 

LMAO.....no doubt about that.

Reply/Quote

Driskel not only ran the ball well as expected, he threw the ball better than AJM in preseason IMHO.

Some on here want the Louisville QB, but he just doesn't impress me at all in the pocket.

(01-25-2018, 11:30 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Has always been my stance as well. 

Hopefully that ship has not sailed into FA. 

Probably has, damn it. Whatever

(01-25-2018, 11:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: How could you see anything other than his wife's pic. 

Yeah she is. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And he’s our 3rd string QB?? Marvin really is the worst! Ninja

And this is why I typically just try and not discuss sports with most humans no matter their fandom. 
Reply/Quote

McCarron probly gets his UFA status as well

when was the last time the league ruled in favor of the bengals on something.

So either Way we will probly be looking to draft a QB sometime draft as a long term backup.. Or they could surpise and get someone that could try and unseat Dalton next season
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In 2010 Jeff Driskel was named the Maxwell Club's National High School Player of the Year.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel made his first start at the University of Florida lining up at WR.  He played the rest of the game at QB.

In 2012 Jeff Driskel broke the University of Florida single game rushing record for quarterbacks with 177 yards against Vanderbilt (passing Tim Tebow).

In 2013 Jeff Driskel was selected by the Boston Red Sox in the MLB draft.  He signed a contract but indicated that he would not pursue a career in professional baseball.

In 2015 Jeff Driskel set the New Orleans Bowl record for most passing yards (458) and longest td pass (71 yds)

In 2016 Jeff Driskel ran a 4.56 forty at the NFL combine.  According to combine records only three active NFL QBs had a faster time (Tyrod Taylor 4.51 in 2011, Marcus Mariota 4.52 in '15, Russell Wilson 4.55 in '12).  Also only 3 active QBs had a longer Broad Jump at the combine than Driskel's 10'2" (Cam Newton, Tyrod Taylor, Andrew Luck)

Jeff Driskel's wife, Tarin Moses, was the Captain of the University of Florida Cheerleading team.

[Image: jeff-driskel-girlfriend.jpg?w=314&h=176....&strip=all]

I want to milk her. Momma... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 03:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: McCarron probly gets his UFA status as well

when was the last time the league ruled in favor of the bengals on something.

So either Way we will probly be looking to draft a QB sometime draft as a long term backup.. Or they could surpise and get someone that could try and unseat Dalton next season

Who would that be?

Rosen is about the most pro ready and he will be gone by our 12th pick. Darnold is overrated IMO. Mayfield maybe, but he
has his problems. Allen is extremely talented but extremely raw. Lamar is not a pocket passer, Driskel actually compares well
to Lamar already and actually looked decent throwing the ball from the pocket last year.

Mason Rudolph if he fell to the 2nd or 3rd could be a darkhorse here i guess. I like this guy.
Reply/Quote