Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Jeff Driskel....Did you know?
(01-25-2018, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The list of QBs were just the ones active as QBs in the NFL.  There have been other guys who were faster that are not in the league or are not playing QB in the NFL.

Yes, I glossed right past that part of your post.  Apologies.  ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 02:36 PM)Go Cards Wrote: She is smoking hot !

Unlike the popular opinion have always felt that Driskel would be a adequate back up QB if we traded AJM.  

Know he runs more than most QB's but that is because he can. Be a change of pace for defenses to adjust to if Dalton got hurt and he had to fill in as well.

No, did not know much of what you posted. Thanks for sharing.
I think there should be an honest QB competition before next season. It won't happen, but I like Driskel's ability in the little time we got to see him. He seems to be able to do things that neither Dalton nor McCarron can do. Oh well, M&M (the yellow variety) are in charge. Thus 0-7 playoff victories. Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 08:15 PM)cooper Wrote: jeff was the most impressive quarterback in pre season..big, fast ..strong armed and mobile..get rid of aj  get some draft picks  
ABSOLTOOTLY! Wake up Mikey and Marvy!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who would that be?

Rosen is about the most pro ready and he will be gone by our 12th pick. Darnold is overrated IMO. Mayfield maybe, but he
has his problems. Allen is extremely talented but extremely raw. Lamar is not a pocket passer, Driskel actually compares well
to Lamar already and actually looked decent throwing the ball from the pocket last year.

Mason Rudolph if he fell to the 2nd or 3rd could be a darkhorse here i guess. I like this guy.

If Mayfield was there in the 2nd I could see us maybe biting he might need some time before hes ready to take over a team but if Dalton still on the roster he could sit a year.

You never know.   Dalton is in the team friendly years of his deal.  But I don't see marvin switching QBs just yet. but the bengals do draft for the future... so who knows.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 06:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If Mayfield was there in the 2nd I could see us maybe biting he might need some time before hes ready to take over a team but if Dalton still on the roster he could sit a year.

You never know.   Dalton is in the team friendly years of his deal.  But I don't see marvin switching QBs just yet. but the bengals do draft for the future... so who knows.

AD is here two more years, there's 0 doubt about it. No way does Marv get away from what's kept him here so long with AD/AJ. But yeah, second round for mayfield if they get a second round pick for AJ? Think we only get a third for losing Whit and a 5th rounder, so don't see them using any other picks in first two rounds unless they trade AJ. And those comp picks are usually in later in the rounds, right? Just seems like a stretch IMO
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 03:38 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: And this is why I typically just try and not discuss sports with most humans no matter their fandom. 

You made an odd choice joining a message board devoted to a football team then...

Reply/Quote
I remember one time Driskel took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when Driskel got splashed. So Driskel yells, ‘I’m Jeff Driskel and no one gets me wet!’ So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, ‘How do you like it?’ And then damn if Driskel didn’t step in there and finish the show.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:30 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: “I remember one time Driskel took his family to Sea World. They were watching Shamu the whale when Driskel got splashed. So Driskel yells, ‘I’m Jeff Driskel and no one gets me wet!’ So he climbs into the tank, grabs Shamu, and throws the whale into the audience, splashes him and yells, ‘How do you like it?’ And then damn if Driskel didn’t step in there and finish the show.”

Who're you quoting? Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Who're you quoting? Mellow

No one....  Nervous Nervous Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:34 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: No one....  Nervous Nervous Ninja

How do you know the headmaster of The Donoho School? 

https://thepenfeather.com/1021/student-life/welcome-mr-noone/

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:44 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How do you know the headmaster of The Donoho School? 

https://thepenfeather.com/1021/student-life/welcome-mr-noone/

Ninja

Jeff Driskel introduced me to him after he scissor kicked Angela Lansbury.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Jeff Driskel introduced me to him after he scissor kicked Angela Lansbury.  Ninja

"Tale as old as OOOOOOOOOOOOW! MOTHERF***ER!"

Ninja
Reply/Quote
Bump
Reply/Quote
I think the team was interested in trading AJM, but nobody other than the Bungling Browns were willing to give up anything for him. Quite frankly AJM just wasn't that good enough a QB to fetch anything worth trading for. Sure  you can blame the Bengals, but if no team is willing to  trade for him you really can't force them to do it. After all , he was an Alabama QB and they're like OSU when it comes  to QBs.. You just don't see Alabama and Ohio State QBs succeeding in the NFL... At any rate he's gone and we still have Driskel who may or may not step up and take over some day. I have a sinking feeling that Barkley will be our #2 this season, Driskel either cut or put on the PS and snatched up by another team before it's all said and done . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 06:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think the team was interested in trading AJM, but nobody other than the Bungling Browns were willing to give up anything for him. Quite frankly AJM just wasn't that good enough a QB to fetch anything worth trading for. Sure  you can blame the Bengals, but if no team is willing to  trade for him you really can't force them to do it. After all , he was an Alabama QB and they're like OSU when it comes  to QBs.. You just don't see Alabama and Ohio State QBs succeeding in the NFL... At any rate he's gone and we still have Driskel who may or may not step up and take over some day. I have a sinking feeling that Barkley will be our #2 this season, Driskel either cut or put on the PS and snatched up by another team before it's all said and done . 

He keeps playing as well as he did last week, he will be very difficult to keep off the roster. Especially with his wheels. So, I think it's totally up to him what happenes. We know what Barkley is. If Driskell plays week, I think he makes the roster
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2018, 06:38 PM)Brimey Wrote: He keeps playing as well as he did last week, he will be very difficult to keep off the roster. Especially with his wheels. So, I think it's totally up to him what happenes. We know what Barkley is. If Driskell plays week, I think he makes the roster

I hope he makes it and I have little faith in Barkley. I didn't much care for him coming out of USC. I was kind of surprised he was even drafted to begin with, but somehow not surprised the Bengals signed him.. 
Berkley reminds me of the kid Hackenburg out of Penn State.. Complete wash out..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I knew....but I'm from Orlando as is he. He was airin' out round these parts in high school. As a Nole I was pretty weary when he went to uf. Since Tebow they've really had a bad run at QB and he is the best they had and kinda ran him off, which I find hysterical. He was 10 times better than Treon Harris who they kept trying to start over him
Reply/Quote
Sure, Driskell is an outstanding athlete who was a decent QB in college. But, Tim Tebow, Vince Young, and Robert Griffin III, were also exceptional athletes that were tremendous QBs in college.

What is going to set Driskell apart from those guys?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
BUMP
Reply/Quote
I scored 4tds in one game for Polk High.
Reply/Quote