Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Driskel waived...
https://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/bengals-waive-backup-quarterback-jeff-driskel

The hits keep coming.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cleaning house.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:11 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Cleaning house.

Yep.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
To make room for who?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To make room for who?

That's a good question.  In light of Cordy Glenn remaining in concussion protocol for nearly a month, perhaps an OT?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a good question.  In light of Cordy Glenn remaining in concussion protocol for nearly a month, perhaps an OT?

I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of an NFL roster but the 53 active is full. I believe Driskel was on the IR wasn't he ?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 07:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of an NFL roster but the 53 active is full. I believe Driskel was on the IR wasn't he ?

Yes, he got waived because he was out-performed by Finley and Dolegala. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
A flag football qb trying to be a NFL qb never works out
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 07:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of an NFL roster but the 53 active is full. I believe Driskel was on the IR wasn't he ?

Yessir, I get that.  I'm just saying, Driskel gone, maybe Glenn to IR next?  Then need a Tackle to have 3 "capable" on the roster.  Dugas just ain't gonna cut it.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wait.... he was still on the team??
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yessir, I get that.  I'm just saying, Driskel gone, maybe Glenn to IR next?  Then need a Tackle to have 3 "capable" on the roster.  Dugas just ain't gonna cut it.

Dugas is on injured reserve and Driskel got an injury settlement.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Buh bye!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Dugas is on injured reserve and Driskel got an injury settlement.. 

Thanks for the info on Dugas, I had not learned that he was on IR.  But, WOW!  Now, they really have to address the Tackle situation.  I'm not sure that there's ever been a team make it through an entire season with just two Tackles.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I hope Zac is already able to give M. Brown a tingle down his leg with what he has done for the team so far and in turn MBrown gives him more leeway on making more roster changes to build a super bowl winner. We can only hope.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Thanks for the info on Dugas, I had not learned that he was on IR.  But, WOW!  Now, they really have to address the Tackle situation.  I'm not sure that there's ever been a team make it through an entire season with just two Tackles.

Surely they'll sign one soon ?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: https://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/bengals-waive-backup-quarterback-jeff-driskel

The hits keep coming.....

It's about time. I was surprised when the team placed him on IR instead of giving him an injury settlement and cutting him. Maybe it was cheaper to put him on IR, then cut him after his hammy healed.

EDIT: I now see that he got a settlement.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: To make room for who?

uh clearing someone from IR makes no room it just allows driskel to move on
Reply/Quote
Driskell never showed the potential that McCarron did.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2019, 11:04 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Driskell never showed the potential that McCarron did.

Except in the hot wife department.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2019, 11:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Except in the hot wife department.

In the history of sport has ANY team ever won with ugly wives? That's obviously the most important aspect of team building..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote