Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff sessions didnt disclose russian meetings
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/01/politics/jeff-sessions-russian-ambassador-meetings/index.html

boy he sure is sneaky

boy he sure is a liar
People suck
Boy he sure won't investigate himself.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
What was the actual question he was asked? There is a difference between what he did in his role as a senator and as a part of Trump's team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Did he lie under oath to congress?
(03-02-2017, 10:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: What was the actual question he was asked?  There is a difference between what he did in his role as a senator and as a part of Trump's team.

Jeff Sessions Wrote:I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.

Whatever "difference", it is moot after that statement. He lied, I see no way around it.
(03-02-2017, 10:10 AM)treee Wrote: Did he lie under oath to congress?

I assume they all did.  Some because of the Russian ties and some when they were asked if they were competent.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-02-2017, 10:03 AM)michaelsean Wrote: What was the actual question he was asked?  There is a difference between what he did in his role as a senator and as a part of Trump's team.

the video opens up with him saying "i didnt have communications with the russians"
People suck
i might disagree with graham and mccain on about everything, but at least when it comes to russia they wont deal with shit

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/321933-graham-special-prosecutor-necessary-if-fbi-finds-criminal-activity-in-russia
People suck
So apparently Sessions is saying that the meeting was as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee and that he didn't mislead congress.
(03-02-2017, 10:41 AM)treee Wrote: So apparently Sessions is saying that the meeting was as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee and that he didn't mislead congress.

And other (former) members have said they've never met with the Russian ambassador for their role, or saw the need to. I'm not sure if his comments were perjury or not, but he did mislead Congress.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-02-2017, 10:41 AM)treee Wrote: So apparently Sessions is saying that the meeting was as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee and that he didn't mislead congress.

if thats the case, then hes in the same situation as flynn...

willfully leaving that out is misleading congress though
People suck
I'm shocked and my fake moral outrage is palpable.
But republicans know business
(03-02-2017, 11:55 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm shocked and my fake moral outrage is palpable.

This. 

Nothing is going to happen to these guys.  They can go out and shoot someone in the streets of New York while grabbing the closest p*ssy near them all while being interviewed by Faux News and the republicans in congress will pass a measure making it illegal to inquire, let alone prosecute any crimes against humanity.   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(03-02-2017, 10:10 AM)treee Wrote: Did he lie under oath to congress?

Yes, but not about a blow job!

That, my friends, is a big difference.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(03-02-2017, 11:55 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm shocked and my fake moral outrage is palpable.

Morals are cheap these days. Moral outrage too. You want I should pick you up some next time I am at Big Lots? I saw both the last time I was there.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(03-02-2017, 01:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This. 

Nothing is going to happen to these guys.  They can go out and shoot someone in the streets of New York while grabbing the closest p*ssy near them all while being interviewed by Faux News and the republicans in congress will pass a measure making it illegal to inquire, let alone prosecute any crimes against humanity.   

Hmmm...

(03-02-2017, 02:35 PM)xxlt Wrote: Morals are cheap these days. Moral outrage too. You want I should pick you up some next time I am at Big Lots? I saw both the last time I was there.

Do they allow to buy in bulk? Like Sam's or Costco?  I have to consider the bottom line and then conduct a cost benefit analysis.  Does the cost of the morals outweigh the benefits? Or do the benefits of the morals outweigh the cost? I expect to pay pennies on the dollar for fake vs. genuine. 
(03-02-2017, 01:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This. 

My coworkers were discussing this today and wondering how he doesn't resign, especially because what happened to Flynn. My response was "But Flynn lied to Republicans, not Democrats. On top of that, it was the VP. Sessions didn't disclose things to two Democratic Senators. It doesn't matter to Republicans if Democrats are lied to, because, to them, Session is still "technically" right. He'll just excuse it as "We didn't discuss the campaign" even though he's the only Senator on that committee that the ambassador spoke to. 

Hell, so many comments online are "this is fake news" even though it is true that he met with the ambassador. 

I guess it's fortunate that a number of Republicans are not calling for him to recuse himself on the investigations, but... do we even expect this investigation to be nonpartisan? Congress has no interest in investigating anything right now. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-02-2017, 02:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: My coworkers were discussing this today and wondering how he doesn't resign, especially because what happened to Flynn. My response was "But Flynn lied to Republicans, not Democrats. On top of that, it was the VP. Sessions didn't disclose things to two Democratic Senators. It doesn't matter to Republicans if Democrats are lied to, because, to them, Session is still "technically" right. He'll just excuse it as "We didn't discuss the campaign" even though he's the only Senator on that committee that the ambassador spoke to. 

Hell, so many comments online are "this is fake news" even though it is true that he met with the ambassador. 

I guess it's fortunate that a number of Republicans are not calling for him to recuse himself on the investigations, but... do we even expect this investigation to be nonpartisan? Congress has no interest in investigating anything right now. 
That really is a key fact, the ambassador didnt meet with any other committee members.