Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins Is Praising Our Facilities!
This might be kind of sad, but I’m actually so damn proud of this organization and it makes me so happy that our players finally have some of the best resources in the league!

Rookie Kris Jenkins is blown away by our facilities and equipment!

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/kris-jenkins-blown-away-by-bengals-facilities-the-technology-is-lit-01hzevdea6tc?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0CAYIaTag_dskGiXpXWr6d7bpRWXH12NLKX8hu2cb3ijFTGBlVoDkSJqE_aem_AfzmFqAktI5ORR02W7Tg05wUo85fzNB5MF8rT5ZPN6ZnCxAXo1q65DrXIuDjwYEVkgemKsjbK3LhL_7mk5Wz6xdY

“Jenkins has been training at the Bengals facilities for the past month, along with his fellow rookies and plenty of his veteran teammates during the offseason program. He was blown away by the technology and resources players could use to recover from training sessions.
"I've never even seen chryotherapy or red light therapy, but we have that here," Jenkins said on Enter The Jungle. "It's insane here, the technology is lit."
Jenkins was so relaxed during his first red light therapy session that he fell asleep. Now he sets an alarm to make sure he doesn't get too comfortable in what he describes as a "red light tanning bed that has health properties."

"I think it helps you heal faster," Jenkins said. "I'm no trainer myself, but everytime I do that I've woke up feeling 10 times better, so it works."
Jenkins didn't play at a small school in college He played for the Michigan Wolverines, but it's not a resource he had, which shows how far this organization has come over the past few seasons.
For years the Bengals have been criticized for their facilities, but they've added to their training room and are in the process of remodeling their locker room. These changes, along with praise from high draft picks like Jenkins, could help change the perception of the team and their facilities, not only in Cincinnati, but across the NFL.“

I love that we have gone from having some of the worst facilities in the league to now having facilities that are impressing players and that we still have upgrades coming to the locker room and other things!

Players speaking this highly has to be good for our recruitment of free agents!

I realize that, as the article mentions, he was only in college so wouldn’t know what to expect, but Michigan’s not a poor program and would be top-notch!

I’m posting from my phone, so if a mod could quote that appropriately for me, I’d appreciate it!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
It’s definitely nice to be on this end of it. Adam Thielen just went on record slamming the Panthers facilities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Nice to hear. I think FO still needs better family care center though.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Its called “saying the right things”

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
The training and medical facilities should always be top notch, unless you do not value the player's health and well being, which is even more important with the added regular season game, and staying healthy in the post season.

It makes a huge difference and is controllable.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 07:51 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: The training and medical facilities should always be top notch, unless you do not value the player's health and well being, which is even more important with the added regular season game, and staying healthy in the post season.

It makes a huge difference and is controllable.

The Bengals have always been out in front when it comes to medical facilities. They were the first team to have an onsite MRI machine. Their trainers have always been top notch.  They may have cut corners here and there,, but not when it came to this.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengals have always been out in front when it comes to medical facilities. They were the first team to have an onsite MRI machine. Their trainers have always been top notch.  They may have cut corners here and there,, but not when it came to this.

Are you sure about that? Seems like about 10 years back, the Bengals medical staff were the butt of many running jokes on the board community.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that? Seems like about 10 years back, the Bengals medical staff were the butt of many running jokes on the board community.

Seems like about 10 years back, every part of the organization was the butt of many board jokes.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Bengals have always been out in front when it comes to medical facilities. They were the first team to have an onsite MRI machine. Their trainers have always been top notch.  They may have cut corners here and there,, but not when it came to this.

Hell no, man. The Bengals doctor was, like, 80 years old and a buddy of Mike Brown's. Brown finally fired him once the guy completely whiffed on Okaying Antonio Bryant for a contract when the dude couldn't even run anymore. 

You may be thinking of Carson's rehabbing and coming back from injury, but I believe that was done by a non-team doctor and a lot of out of facility work, IIRC.

Bengals facilities and general way they ran their business has been bottom tier in ALL of sports for decades.... but gotten progressively better since Carson quit and publicly embarrassed the franchise. I would guess the NFL privately went to the Bengals and told them to start to modernize. The Carson thing was embarrassing for the league.

I remember shaking my head at (Roy Williams, I think) hard knocks interview when he showed up for his first Bengals training camp down at Georgetown and he was genuinely floored that that Bengals were making the players rent TVs for their dorms. Bengals just hadn't given a rip until the last few years.

TV rental prices in the lower section of this article a few paragraphs up from the bottom...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4412908
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about that? Seems like about 10 years back, the Bengals medical staff were the butt of many running jokes on the board community.

most of that is arm chair QB, im guessing very few of us are professionals in the field to have enough knowledge on medical issues. Also for the first to have MRI on site that is pretty accurate.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 09:22 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Seems like about 10 years back, every part of the organization was the butt of many board jokes.

They had those massive upgrades in 2013 or 2014 I think to the Rehab Facilities and Weight Training Rooms. Before that they were pretty bad. Pacman joked with AJ Hawk on the Pat McaAfee Show about how the Bengals had to work out by position group right before Hawk came to Cincy because the Weight Room was so small.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 01:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely nice to be on this end of it. Adam Thielen just went on record slamming the Panthers facilities.

I think the NFLPA Team Report Cards had Cincy bottom 6 or 8 and the Panthers around the middle of the pack overall lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 10:16 AM)Synric Wrote: I think the NFLPA Team Report Cards had Cincy bottom 6 or 8 and the Panthers around the middle of the pack overall lol.

It's funny because the Panthers actually did build a new practice facility outside of Charlotte but their were issues between Panthers ownership and the county. So the Panthers actually didn't move into it even though it was already built.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

People always point to the MRI machine like it somehow is the Holy Grail of NFL organizations and made up for no practice bubble, shitty weight room, medical facilities/doctors, and just poor everything else.

This is huge that we're finally becoming on par or above in most of the areas that we have been considered cheap and weak in.

Better late than never but all of this has me excited that our team will finally be more prepared, healthier, and overall just in better spirits.

People say "oh, they're professionals and they shouldn't let those things bother them," but being professionals is exactly the reason why they should have top-of-the-line everything.
Reply/Quote
It is certainly getting much better. Kris Jenkins is a cool dude BTW. Hope he has a great career with the Bengals.

I know he will put in the work.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, they were. But those remarks were made by the same people that think our players go to team doctor's for surgery.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 01:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s definitely nice to be on this end of it. Adam Thielen just went on record slamming the Panthers facilities.

Jesus. That organization seems worse than the Bengals or Browns ever were.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
And this is with the locker room gut and rebuild still in progress no less.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: And this is with the locker room gut and rebuild still in progress no less.

That was in my initial thoughts but I didn’t know specifically what they’re doing so I didn’t want to mention it.

I’m excited because I’m hoping they go big with multiple TVs, gaming systems, tables for cards, and whatever else.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:09 PM)Joelist Wrote: And this is with the locker room gut and rebuild still in progress no less.

That's what I was thinking, I thought I read they had some kind of big reveal planned.

It is good to hear Jenkins give praise considering the facilities he is coming from.
Reply/Quote