Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jensen
Sucks because he was linked to the Bengals but we still have options. I always thought guard was still are biggest need but the Bengals prioritize Center more. Bucs can’t pay everyone right ? Maybe a better chance we sign Alex Cappa lol. Feel like we need to make this Collins trade happen before free agency hits so we know where we stand.
Reply/Quote
FA starts really at noon and already a roller coaster ride. Jenson while very good may not have been one of our targets, but if he was, it i son to the next guy. I like Bozeman and think he will be a cheaper option and would love to steal him from Ravens. I also want to steal Ricard their fullback who can play DL in a pinch.

Long way to go on this journey to build the team. I am confident our FO has a great plan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: FA starts really at noon and already a roller coaster ride. Jenson while very good may not have been one of our targets, but if he was, it i son to the next guy. I like Bozeman and think he will be a cheaper option and would love to steal him from Ravens. I also want to steal Ricard their fullback who can play DL in a pinch.

Long way to go on this journey to build the team. I am confident our FO has a great plan.

With Jensen off the market, I'm betting that Bozeman's price just went up.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: FA starts really at noon and already a roller coaster ride. Jenson while very good may not have been one of our targets, but if he was, it i son to the next guy. I like Bozeman and think he will be a cheaper option and would love to steal him from Ravens. I also want to steal Ricard their fullback who can play DL in a pinch.

Paraphrasing but thats basically what James Rapien said is the Bengals MO (on to the next guy) they have a set value a position should receive and will pivot to other positions for the right value if needed. Example he gave was Reader and Chico/Hilton. He said neither were the original plan but the price of the targets was too high so they went with next highest on their list.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I'm surprised so many people thought Jensen was a lock.
I never really considered him a realistic option.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Honestly, I'm surprised so many people thought Jensen was a lock.

Me either, the fit wasn't great and the price didn't appear to be a great fit either. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:16 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Honestly, I'm surprised so many people thought Jensen was a lock.

Me neither, his price tag is too high. Since we didn't pay a guy last year like Thuney big dollars, I've had my doubts about the Bengals also paying Jensen. I think the PFF rumor repeated by the almighty internet and sports talk world was just talk, not reality.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:02 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Me neither, his price tag is too high. Since we didn't pay a guy last year like Thuney big dollars, I've had my doubts about the Bengals also paying Jensen. I think the PFF rumor repeated by the almighty internet and sports talk world was just talk, not reality.

How I purely guess the rumor started was...
Someone asked Jensen or his agent whether he would be interested in playing with the Bengals or not, and he/agent probably said, "Sure."
When asked about what the contract would be, someone probably shared (accurately) 3 years, $39 mill.

Someone might have incorrectly connected the dots to think Bengals for 3 years, $39 mill was a done deal.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: How I purely guess the rumor started was...
Someone asked Jensen or his agent whether he would be interested in playing with the Bengals or not, and he/agent probably said, "Sure."
When asked about what the contract would be, someone probably shared (accurately) 3 years, $39 mill.

Someone might have incorrectly connected the dots to think Bengals for 3 years, $39 mill was a done deal.

Makes sense. We also have to temper our free agent expectations by recognizing the Bengals are relatively infants with this whole FA-thing. Going all in on guys like Reader and Hendrickson during the FA period is new stuff for this organization. I'm still hopeful the OL improves over the next few days.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:03 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: We cant go in to the season only replacing the RG position and thinking the line is now fixed.  The line was bad before Adeniji started playing the RG position.  We need multiple changes.

Re-read what I said.

2 spots need replacing, and one of them for sure will need to be RG
Reply/Quote
I didn't want to start a new thread over a little rumor on NFLN, but they just said that the Bengals are looking for "an Alpha Center to go with Alex C.". I know he's not a scheme fit, but would that be Bozeman? I'd love it if we went after Daniels.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:24 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I didn't want to start a new thread over a little rumor on NFLN, but they just said that the Bengals are looking for "an Alpha Center to go with Alex C.". I know he's not a scheme fit, but would that be Bozeman? I'd love it if we went after Daniels.

I mentioned on the Discord server Alex Cappa wasn't really a fit for the wide zone either and with their interest in Ryan Jensen makes me think the Bengals are switching up their run game yet again. But a more inside zone scheme does complement how the Bengals operated their pass offense to finish the season. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: How I purely guess the rumor started was...

Brian Allen is who I suspect they will be looking at.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:28 PM)pulses Wrote: Brian Allen is who I suspect they will be looking at.

Allen would be an upgrade and so would Bozeman.  I would be happy with either of them.  I also wouldnt mind Ben Jones.
Reply/Quote