Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals
Hill can get a lot of carries and still be effective: something that is rare in the NFL. He needed to get away from PA and Cincy. Sure, he can be a bit selfish, but I can't blame anyone for wanting to wash their hands of this organization.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

My top priority when clicking on this thread was to enjoy this tasty gif. (Didn't think I'd have to scroll this far TBH.) 

Sgt Cosca - thank you for your service.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some team will sign him on a "prove it" deal, and I suspect he will.  

I hold no ill will toward Jeremy Hill.  He gave us a tremendous rookie season, backed it up with an "OK" second season (prior to "the fumble"), but things have went downhill for him since.

Perhaps he finds new life on a new team?  I hope he does.

Yeah, and running behind this line had to be depressing.

Watch NE sign him cheap, then use him like they used Blount for a few years.

He's decision to have surgery early was a smart move for him going into FA. He had to know that Mike Brown would either not offer a contract or would just low ball him.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 09:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In a Tweet and welcomes on free agency!

I didn’t think the guy could be any dumber!

Jeremy Hill tweeted his good-bye to the Bengals on Wednesday.

“Been one hell of a ride Cincinnati on to the next chapter,” Hill wrote.

Hill, 25, hits free agency at just the wrong time. The free agent market is crowded, and this year’s draft class features several top-flight running backs.

“I’m not nervous at all,” Hill told Jim Owczarski of The Cincinnati Enquirer. “I think the chips will fall where they may, and I’m good with that going forward. I’m going to put the work in and when you do that you can sleep good at night knowing you did everything you could, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Hill is coming off the worst statistical season of his career, with 37 carries for 116 yards and no touchdowns, while rehabbing from ankle surgery that ended his season after seven games.

“We just thought it would be best for me to have surgery and make sure I’m good to go going forward, putting my career over this season,” Hill said of his decision to have surgery, which surprised coach Marvin Lewis. “That was a decision that I felt was best for me going forward, and that’s what I did.”

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/31/jeremy-hill-not-afraid-of-free-agency-as-he-bids-farewell-to-bengals/amp/

Who does he think will sign him?!

He just committed career suicide! He’ll be lucky to get an Arena League contract!
Bengals had him at a low contract for a running back and he did score a lot of touchdowns considering he was low paid.  The Bengals could sign him and keep him, but they won't.  I think they made up their mind Hill was gone when they drafted Mixon and other RB's in 2017 and don't be surprised if another RB isn't drafted 3rd round or later. That RB from San Diego State that looked good all Senior Bowl week and game would be a steal in 3rd round or later.  This comes as no surprise because didn't we all see Hill's contract up and Hill not being on Bengals in 2018.   We have Mixon, Bernard and that rookie that looked good in preseason. Still with the loss of Burkhead, Peerman and Hill I can see a mid round RB draft pick. The San Diego State Senior Bowl RB Star is also great on kick returns special teams. Would not mind adding him. Get some blocking to open lanes. GO BENGALS- 2018
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Everyone saying they have no bad feelings for Jeremy Hill..... gtfoh

He can go kick rocks he’s lucky he had a job after that steelers wild card game fiasco. Until we win a playoff game I’ll never forgive him
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 06:39 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Everyone saying they have no bad feelings for Jeremy Hill..... gtfoh

He can go kick rocks he’s lucky he had a job after that steelers wild card game fiasco. Until we win a playoff game I’ll never forgive him

That's hilarious. There is so much blame to go around for that game.
Reply/Quote
The fumble will haunt me for a long time. We were that close. However, I hope he is able to move on and get a few more years somewhere else. He has a lot of talent which was clouded by a horrible OL. This made him develop some bad dancing habits to try and make things happen. He's not that type of runner and it hurt him. Yet, as mentioned, if you put him behind a strong line, he will be successful again. I wish him the best.

Reply/Quote
He should be happy that he's leaving one of the worst blocking offensive lines in the league.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 08:45 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: He should be happy that he's leaving one of the worst blocking offensive lines in the league.

Call me gullible, but I have this feeling next year we will have one of the better blocking lines with the new line coach and a couple of plug and play players. As for Hill, I admit I still have hard feelings towards him for the fumble, especially considering Merv told him right before the play "get what you can get and go down", to which he disregarded and lost the ball fighting for un-needed yardage. That said, I hold no ill will towards him moving on to another Non-AFCN team. That said, for him to succeed, he needs to realize he is not Lavonna Bell and quit trying to run like her. He needs to channel less Bell and more Mike Alstott......
Reply/Quote
He'll probably go to New England and win a Superbowl. That's seems to be how it works for middle-of-the-road players.

Don't be surprised if NE picks him up for peanuts.
Reply/Quote
Goodbye.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I really wish I could magically send this thread to the Bengals board going into the 2015 season where people were convinced the way to the SB was by giving Hill the ball 40 times per game.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 09:44 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Call me gullible, but I have this feeling next year we will have one of the better blocking lines with the new line coach and a couple of plug and play players. As for Hill, I admit I still have hard feelings towards him for the fumble, especially considering Merv told him right before the play "get what you can get and go down", to which he disregarded and lost the ball fighting for un-needed yardage. That said, I hold no ill will towards him moving on to another Non-AFCN team. That said, for him to succeed, he needs to realize he is not Lavonna Bell and quit trying to run like her. He needs to channel less Bell and more Mike Alstott......

I mean...you're probably a little gullible XD

I think we'll be much improved (I.E. Not trash). We saw that in the final few weeks of the season. But we'd have to go a loooong way to become one of the better blocking lines compared to what happened this season.

Of course, if we can nab Nelson in the draft somehow, it's possible. That guy is a true road grader.
Reply/Quote
Oh Jeremy Hill. Giovanni runs for 60 yards. JH runs for a 1 yard TD and celebrates like a 5 year old. I can't stand the dude total immature scumbag

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 09:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In a Tweet and welcomes on free agency!

I didn’t think the guy could be any dumber!

Jeremy Hill tweeted his good-bye to the Bengals on Wednesday.

“Been one hell of a ride Cincinnati on to the next chapter,” Hill wrote.

Hill, 25, hits free agency at just the wrong time. The free agent market is crowded, and this year’s draft class features several top-flight running backs.

“I’m not nervous at all,” Hill told Jim Owczarski of The Cincinnati Enquirer. “I think the chips will fall where they may, and I’m good with that going forward. I’m going to put the work in and when you do that you can sleep good at night knowing you did everything you could, and that’s what I’m going to do.”

Hill is coming off the worst statistical season of his career, with 37 carries for 116 yards and no touchdowns, while rehabbing from ankle surgery that ended his season after seven games.

“We just thought it would be best for me to have surgery and make sure I’m good to go going forward, putting my career over this season,” Hill said of his decision to have surgery, which surprised coach Marvin Lewis. “That was a decision that I felt was best for me going forward, and that’s what I did.”

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/31/jeremy-hill-not-afraid-of-free-agency-as-he-bids-farewell-to-bengals/amp/

Who does he think will sign him?!

He just committed career suicide! He’ll be lucky to get an Arena League contract!

Cant be mad at hill

We weren't giving him any snaps so he went ahead and had the surgery he needed so he could be health for free agency it was actually a smart move on his part.

Now if he was still being used as the primary back here and could have played thru it I would have had issues...  But we made it clear last season with the snaps we were moving on so you cant fault him for looking to his future.
Reply/Quote
1. He was expendable and coincidentally his contract was up. A perfect scenario to move on to another opportunity and recharge. RB's in this league have a short average lifespan. He played it right.

2. He will help a team...probably not the featured back, but he can be a very productive contributor in a good system.
Reply/Quote
I wish him the best. He played hard all these years. Some of you take these things too personally. At the end of the day it's a game and I hope he finds success somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
I never had anything against Jeremy Hill.
In fact, I really liked the pick back in 2014 when it was made (although I thought it was a round early).
However, I did think he tried to become a RB that he doesn't have the talent to be and thought he was better than he really is.

Here was the summary on NFL.com draft profile of Hill back in 2014...still hits it right on the nose even after four years in the NFL.
Quote:Bottom Line Big, thickly built, athletic slasher with an overinflated sense of his abilities and character red flags, which could cause some teams to shy away. Fits best in a downhill scheme and has potential to be a 20-carry back in the NFL, but must run to his size more consistently and prove his unstable behavior is behind him.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jeremy-hill?id=2543603

So I wish Jeremy Hill good luck and hope he lands on a team that fits the style he's built for, not the style he tried to change to after his rookie year that clearly didn't work.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Hill And Hyde... I guess both get to hit the market the same time
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 06:39 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Everyone saying they have no bad feelings for Jeremy Hill..... gtfoh

Agreed, I was hoping at the time, Hill would use that as motivation to come back with Playoff Loss my fault chip on his shoulder. Unfortunately the opposite happened, and the Bengals line went from one of the best to WORST in the league the last two years.
Reply/Quote