Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jeremy Hill being a crybaby on Twitter
(04-19-2016, 03:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Obviously you're exaggerating a bit. Sure there was excitement over Hill's '14 season (understandably so) and many wanted him to get the majority of carries (understandably so), but most were pretty reasonable about it. I only saw 1 person saying silly crap like "trade Gio", and no one said Hill was Jim Brown, Walter and Emmitt rolled all into one. 

Before Hill ever touched a field for us, people were bashing him because (a) he wasn't Hyde, (b) the off-field concerns and © they didn't want him eating into Gio's touches. The love for Hill didn't come until after his incredible '14 season. Even then, you still had some of the same folks bashing him for fumbles and dancing. I almost feel like Hill's bad '15 campaign was a relief for some of the people who just never wanted to like the guy.

Well Andy was keeping critics quiet last year. They needed someone to ***** about. Ninja
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 04:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well Andy was keeping critics quiet last year. They needed someone to ***** about. Ninja

It seems like Bengals fans always have a good/solid player that has to be a whipping boy for whatever reason.

Justin Smith, Shayne Graham, Chad, Dalton, now Hill, etc.

All probably deserved some criticism, but the hate has always been over the top. All were/are good players.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 03:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Before Hill ever touched a field for us, people were bashing him because (a) he wasn't Hyde, (b) the off-field concerns and © they didn't want him eating into Gio's touches. The love for Hill didn't come until after his incredible '14 season. Even then, you still had some of the same folks bashing him for fumbles and dancing. I almost feel like Hill's bad '15 campaign was a relief for some of the people who just never wanted to like the guy.

Some people were pissed that we drafted a RB so high when we picked Hill.

They either hated picking a RB that early in he draft or didn't think we needed one that bad with Gio.

I for one was pleased that we did.  Just to oust BJGE or at the least demote him.

There was just this sinking feeling that Gio was going to have to share carries with him unless they picked a RB early.

So yeah... I'm willing to give Hill a chance. 

BJGE could have been a Mike Brown buddy boy and fortunately for us the loyalty stopped when it did.

That is one player who needed to be criticized IMO.  He sucked as a starter... hard.

No defense was scared of "The Firm".  He couldn't even bust a long TD on a fairly open field.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't see any crybaby in this either. Move along! Nothing to see here.
Reply/Quote
Right or wrong if I was Jeremy's friend I'd tell him to ditch the Twitter account and focus on his game. The one good thing about social media is you can turn it off.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2016, 08:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Some people were pissed that we drafted a RB so high when we picked Hill.

They either hated picking a RB that early in he draft or didn't think we needed one that bad with Gio.

I for one was pleased that we did.  Just to oust BJGE or at the least demote him.

There was just this sinking feeling that Gio was going to have to share carries with him unless they picked a RB early.

So yeah... I'm willing to give Hill a chance. 

BJGE could have been a Mike Brown buddy boy and fortunately for us the loyalty stopped when it did.

That is one player who needed to be criticized IMO.  He sucked as a starter... hard.

No defense was scared of "The Firm".  He couldn't even bust a long TD on a fairly open field.

I was one of those who preferred Hyde. I really didn't know anything about Hill until we drafted him. That said, I really warmed to Hill after reading up on him and then seeing him dominate in '14. As rough as he was last season, he was still better than BJGE. In the end, I think Hill's 2016 season will probably fall somewhere between his first 2 years. He's probably not as great as he looked as a rookie, but I'd bet he's probably not as bad as he looked last year, either.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 02:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:  I think Hill's 2016 season will probably fall somewhere between his first 2 years. He's probably not as great as he looked as a rookie, but I'd bet he's probably not as bad as he looked last year, either.

This.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 04:06 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Right or wrong if I was Jeremy's friend I'd tell him to ditch the Twitter account and focus on his game. The one good thing about social media is you can turn it off.

Seriously this.  I feel that all athletes should stay away from social media during the season.  It's too much of a distraction.  All these keyboard warriors tend to get to people for some reason.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 03:08 PM)RCBengalsFan Wrote: Seriously this.  I feel that all athletes should stay away from social media during the season.  It's too much of a distraction.  All these keyboard warriors tend to get to people for some reason.  

Sad, but true.

Athletes have also have big targets on them when they go out to clubs. 

If they can't learn how to deal with it then they just need to avoid it.

But in this case i don't really see him doing anything wrong.
Reply/Quote
Far be it for me to suggest that football players aren't usually hired to solve all the day to day problems in the world. Most of them just aren't the best and brightest the academic world has to offer so I don't really worry about whatever they may or may not be writing on twitter. Heck, a bunch of them probably actually think that the big spooky thing in the sky select them and them alone in some cosmic intergalactic choice of blessings reducing G-d as the one who shaves points in games..
I dunno..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
What?

All I see is Jeremy Hill talking sense and handling himself a lot better than 99% of his colleagues ever do on social media.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 04:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sad, but true.

Athletes have also have big targets on them when they go out to clubs. 

If they can't learn how to deal with it then they just need to avoid it.

But in this case i don't really see him doing anything wrong.

I don't see anything wrong in this case either. I'm talking more so in season. Sort of what LeBron James did this playoff season. He got into playoff mode. I think more athletes should follow that example and stay away from the distractions
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_mzms9osjDt1rn6sruo2_400.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
You can pretty much tell it's that time of the year when one of the most durable threads in Jungle Noise is about Jeremy Hill defending actually getting paid to play football.
I keep seeing this thread and my last post before this was 3 days ago.
That said, OMG OMG OMG! Jeremy Hill posted some innocuous thing on twitter! He'll obviously do horrible the rest of his life and everyone will laugh at us!
Get out the pitchforks! Let's go burn his house down! Notify the government! Call out the national guard! Let us pray!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I don't think he is being a crybaby at all really.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote