Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
(10-20-2015, 06:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He cherrypicks and, like everything else, he assumes that people are too stupid to see.

Like you said, I don't know why he bothers because I have to think that everyone sees through him by now.

But two were before he was benched for fumbling, then the other three rushing were when we gave him the ball inside the 20 after Gio and receivers got us down there, and then the receiving was from 13 yards out.

Hue said the carries will change back to Hill carrying the load, but, so far, Hill has been a disappointment when you consider the high hopes that were pinned on him coming in.  

He can turn it around, but he's been a disappointment so far.
WHY is he not as productive this year may I ask? Is he not hitting the hole with the same effort? Is the run blocking inconsistent? Also on run plays where the left side of the O line pulls, the result is usually a sizable gain. Not so much when blocking straight ahead. Looking for answers. Thanx
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: '14....6 games....170 rushing yds....3 tds
'15....6 games....232 rushing yds....6 tds

WOW this is actually amazing....   Seem like last year he was so much more awesomer!!
Reply/Quote
I haven't done any kind of analysis but from just watching the games, I feel like he is dancing and moving horizontally too much this year. I felt like he hit the line and took the open 5 yards consistently last year, but he's just looking for homeruns on the outside now.

On the flip side, Gio is running straight down the middle at full speed and gashing the defense. I can't imagine those same holes are not available to Hill - if he is looking for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:06 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Defenses have Hill figured out. Last year he was new and probably showed all that he had. My problem with Hill is that he seems like a downhill runner with no jukes once he hits the second layer of the defense.

There is plenty of tape on him that says otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 12:37 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: There is plenty of tape on him that says otherwise.

Im sure that without a ton of effort, you could find tape on dozens of players that had good rookie years and then never had another great season afterwards. Not saying that's going to happen to Hill, but it could regardless of the tape that's out there on him now.

Hill will hopefully bounce back, but it's weird how obsessive you are with certain guys that you can't even admit that they're having a rough year. It's perfectly normal to live in reality when discussing football. Hill hasn't looked good this season, even his #1 fan Brad has been able to admit that.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 07:45 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Im sure that without a ton of effort, you could find tape on dozens of players that had good rookie years and then never had another great season afterwards. Not saying that's going to happen to Hill, but it could regardless of the tape that's out there on him now.

Hill will hopefully bounce back, but it's weird how obsessive you are with certain guys that you can't even admit that they're having a rough year. It's perfectly normal to live in reality when discussing football. Hill hasn't looked good this season, even his #1 fan Brad has been able to admit that.

The question is why hasn't he looked good.  Get a game rewind subscription and look at the coaches view of his runs and then tell me it is because he just isn't running through the hole fast enough.  The holes in most cases do not exist. 

On the other hand he has been good at scoring the ball in the end zone, so he hasn't been completely worthless.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 08:14 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: The question is why hasn't he looked good.  Get a game rewind subscription and look at the coaches view of his runs and then tell me it is because he just isn't running through the hole fast enough.  The holes in most cases do not exist. 

On the other hand he has been good at scoring the ball in the end zone, so he hasn't been completely worthless.

The o-line is just biased and only blocks well for Gio. They think Hill is a big meany face. (Pretty much just as truthful as the holes only being there when Hill happens to not be on the field)

You'll never be short on excuses for certain players, that's one thing that's a given in life. Oh well, not going to go down this road yet again. Have fun thinking the only reason for Hill's lackluster start is because of everybody BUT Hill. Par for the course.
Reply/Quote
Hitting the hole quickly is an attribute of a running back (that someone else on our team has, lol). Hill is very good once he gets to the 2nd level, but Gio is as well - and one of them is more consistent than the other in doing that.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 08:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because we hand him the ball while he's flatfooted out of the shotgun, as opposed to running full-speed towards the line, even if he stutter-steps for a split-second, and just explodes through the line.

I've thought this too.  I'm not a big fan of handing it off in the shotgun.  At least have him split a bit wider and get a run and do a slant blocking scheme so he can have some momentum going into the line or something.

He was at his best in the I formation and a lead blocker (Hewitt).  I really think we should be in a 2 WR, TE, FB, HB set more often.  Getting Hill going on this offense would make it unbelievable.

On a side note, Gio is a better back from the shotgun as he gets up to speed quicker and he has the ability to slide through small openings in the line.  He seems to run better without a lead blocker and he's really stepped it up in blitz pickup.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 08:18 AM)djs7685 Wrote: The o-line is just biased and only blocks well for Gio. They think Hill is a big meany face. (Pretty much just as truthful as the holes only being there when Hill happens to not be on the field)

You'll never be short on excuses for certain players, that's one thing that's a given in life. Oh well, not going to go down this road yet again. Have fun thinking the only reason for Hill's lackluster start is because of everybody BUT Hill. Par for the course.

Again, just watch the game footage and get back with me.  I'm pretty sure the coaches have.  And as far as "excuses" is concerned, are you referring to the guy that's having an MVP-like season right now?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 09:21 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Again, just watch the game footage and get back with me.  I'm pretty sure the coaches have.  And as far as "excuses" is concerned, are you referring to the guy that's having an MVP-like season right now?

I'm referring to the years when the guy having the MVP season wasn't playing very well but got all the excuses in the world from you. I'm also referring to the guy barely hitting 3 YPC getting as many excuses as possible.

You and your kind are all about excuses, sorry, but I like to deal with reality and not cry about everyone BUT the players that deserve the criticism. I'll give Hill all the credit in the world when he deserves it, but as of right now he's having a rough start. Sorry, not sorry.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Filled in some crucially "missed" data for you, Fred. Ninja

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZw6-G05IO9lS793CjTqr...ZUDrxH6bGg]
Reply/Quote
Hill get's hit in the backfield or right at the line a lot which tells me the line isn't doing it's job of opening the hole for a runner of his style. I think that's where the hesitation from Hill comes from as well. I'm guessing it isn't an easy job to keep Andy upright as well as they do while providing the lanes the two very different backs require, with Hill requiring more from the line because Gio is smaller, faster, and shiftier. Also, Gio catches more balls causing the defense to worry about that more.

Still, 6 TD's is pretty darn good.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 09:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm referring to the years when the guy having the MVP season wasn't playing very well but got all the excuses in the world from you. I'm also referring to the guy barely hitting 3 YPC getting as many excuses as possible.

You and your kind are all about excuses, sorry, but I like to deal with reality and not cry about everyone BUT the players that deserve the criticism. I'll give Hill all the credit in the world when he deserves it, but as of right now he's having a rough start. Sorry, not sorry.

The only year Dalton didn't play well was last year.  And of course there were legitimate reasons for it.  Some were ready to cut bait because they obviously aren't very good at spotting talent when they see it.

Same goes for Hill.  He isn't slumping because he isn't hitting the hole fast enough.  It's not because of a sophomore slump either.  I'm pretty confident I will be vindicated just like I was with Dalton.  Anyone who actually looks at game film would see this.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 09:52 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Hill get's hit in the backfield or right at the line a lot which tells me the line isn't doing it's job of opening the hole for a runner of his style. I think that's where the hesitation from Hill comes from as well. I'm guessing it isn't an easy job to keep Andy upright as well as they do while providing the lanes the two very different backs require, with Hill requiring more from the line because Gio is smaller, faster, and shiftier. Also, Gio catches more balls causing the defense to worry about that more.

Still, 6 TD's is pretty darn good.

This.  Watch the coaches film which shows the running lanes and the box and this should become fairly obvious to anyone.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Filled in some crucially "missed" data for you, Fred. Ninja

Nice work Wink
Reply/Quote

Well thats how you own a bad poster. Rep for you my friend.
Reply/Quote
Why does it have to be someone else's fault? "Hue runs him out of the wrong scheme", "the line blocks better for Gio"... why can't he just be having a rough start to the season? He is barely averaging 3 YPC this year with a long run of 11 yards. Yes, he has five touchdowns on the ground, but how many of those are from extremely short yardage?

And for everyone saying "put Andy under center and bring in a fullback", please tell me why they would possibly change a single thing they are currently doing? The team is 6-0 with the second ranked offense in the entire league. Why on earth would they change what they are doing when it is working so well?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:16 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Why does it have to be someone else's fault?  "Hue runs him out of the wrong scheme", "the line blocks better for Gio"... why can't he just be having a rough start to the season?  He is barely averaging 3 YPC this year with a long run of 11 yards.  Yes, he has five touchdowns on the ground, but how many of those are from extremely short yardage?

And for everyone saying "put Andy under center and bring in a fullback", please tell me why they would possibly change a single thing they are currently doing?  The team is 6-0 with the second ranked offense in the entire league.  Why on earth would they change what they are doing when it is working so well?

He has plenty of no gain runs even with a full back.  Just look at the game tape.  Running backs are reliant on good blocking not to get blown up in the backfield.  
Reply/Quote
When Hill is playing well, it's because Hill is awesomesauze!!!!!!!

When Hill is struggling, it's because of everybody BUT Hill.

I'm not surprised that this comes from the same few posters in JN. Don't be surprised. This will happen with any players that these people obsess over.

The line only blocks for Gio because they're out to get Hill!
Reply/Quote