Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jeremy Hill far ahead of his production last year
What is wrong with this picture?

[Image: 1DKEGq1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yes, the offensive line hasn't blocked well on literally EVERY single play.

However, you showing the few examples of poor blocking proves actual nothing right now. Seriously, I'm sure you can find a picture like that with Gio in the frame as well. Stop acting like that proves anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:18 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: He has plenty of no gain runs even with a full back.  Just look at the game tape.  Running backs are reliant on good blocking not to get blown up in the backfield.  

I have a life, a family, and run a business... I honestly don't have the time or desire to go back and watch game tape.  From watching the actual games, I can tell you that Gio looks much better.  Ironically, he had a pretty rough year last year when everyone thought he was going to set the NFL on fire his second year.  Perhaps the same is happening with Hill.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:26 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yes, the offensive line hasn't blocked well on literally EVERY single play.

However, you showing the few examples of poor blocking proves actual nothing right now. Seriously, I'm sure you can find a picture like that with Gio in the frame as well. Stop acting like that proves anything.

It isn't "literally" every single play.  Just look at the plays in which he has negative yards or no gain, and then ask yourself is it really because he isn't "hitting the hole" fast enough.  In most cases you will see that no hole exists by the time the ball is in his hands.  It isn't me making "excuses",  it's me objectively looking at game film.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:31 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have a life, a family, and run a business... I honestly don't have the time or desire to go back and watch game tape.  From watching the actual games, I can tell you that Gio looks much better.  Ironically, he had a pretty rough year last year when everyone thought he was going to set the NFL on fire his second year.  Perhaps the same is happening with Hill.

When Gio has a down year, it's because of Gio. Get your shit straight.

Not Hill though, NEVER SAY THAT ABOUT HILL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HURRY BLAME EVERYBODY ELSE
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:32 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: It isn't "literally" every single play.  Just look at the plays in which he has negative yards or no gain, and then ask yourself is it really because he isn't "hitting the hole" fast enough.  In most cases you will see that no hole exists by the time the ball is in his hands.  It isn't me making "excuses",  it's me objectively looking at game film.

That will never be true when you speak of Jeremy Hill. Sorry. Too bad we can't pull quotes from the other board or I could have a ton of hilarious pro-Hill, anti-Bernard bullshit propaganda from you.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:31 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have a life, a family, and run a business... I honestly don't have the time or desire to go back and watch game tape.  From watching the actual games, I can tell you that Gio looks much better.  Ironically, he had a pretty rough year last year when everyone thought he was going to set the NFL on fire his second year.  Perhaps the same is happening with Hill.

If you don't have time to objectively look at why a player performs the way they do that's you business.  I guess some of our opinions are more informed than others I guess.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:33 AM)djs7685 Wrote: That will never be true when you speak of Jeremy Hill. Sorry. Too bad we can't pull quotes from the other board or I could have a ton of hilarious pro-Hill, anti-Bernard bullshit propaganda from you.

I think Hill has the potential to be a better back than Gio.  No doubt.  That said, I think Gio is great as a change of pace back.  If only one of them could have the job though, I much rather it be Hill.  

Still, that has nothing to do with what the game tape is showing as to how Hill has performed thus far.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:34 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If you don't have time to objectively look at why a player performs the way they do that's you business.  I guess some of our opinions are more informed than others I guess.  

I have an extremely informed opinion that you have zero objectivity when it comes to Jeremy Hill.

Calling a guy that ranks 50th out of 54th a "stud" back is hilarious. No excuses, no bullshit, it's just funny. You're funny, but not objective.

But dem goal line TDs and dos bad blox, yo!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:34 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: If you don't have time to objectively look at why a player performs the way they do that's you business.  I guess some of our opinions are more informed than others I guess.  

Once the Bengals start cutting me a check, then I will spend all of my spare time breaking down game film.  Until then, I will continue to watch the games and some of the highlight shows, listening to others who actually do receive a check to watch the film.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:40 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I have an extremely informed opinion that you have zero objectivity when it comes to Jeremy Hill.

Calling a guy that ranks 50th out of 54th a "stud" back is hilarious. No excuses, no bullshit, it's just funny. You're funny, but not objective.

But dem goal line TDs and dos bad blox, yo!!!!

Andrew Luck is currently 44th in passer rating in the NFL.  I'm sure there are plenty of people that still consider him a "stud" QB.  

See how that works?  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:46 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Andrew Luck is currently 44th in passer rating in the NFL.  I'm sure there are plenty of people that still consider him a "stud" QB.  

See how that works?  

Can you get back to me with an example of another player that only started for half of a year prior to this?

Or is the best we can do a guy that has started every game of his career for 3+ seasons, including his team winning in the playoffs? Oh, okay. I figured as much from you.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:48 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Can you get back to me with an example of another player that only started for half of a year prior to this?

Or is the best we can do a guy that has started every game of his career for 3+ seasons, including his team winning in the playoffs? Oh, okay. I figured as much from you.

Can you get back to me when the season is over?  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:52 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Can you get back to me when the season is over?  

I said "Hill has been struggling", not "Hill will struggle for the entire season".

So, no. I'll get back to you right now which is his performance in question. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 10:55 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I said "Hill has been struggling", not "Hill will struggle for the entire season".

So, no. I'll get back to you right now which is his performance in question. ThumbsUp

It's obvious he has struggled in the yards per carry department.  The point of contention was why.  I contend it isn't because he isn't hitting holes.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 09:02 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I've thought this too.  I'm not a big fan of handing it off in the shotgun.  At least have him split a bit wider and get a run and do a slant blocking scheme so he can have some momentum going into the line or something.

He was at his best in the I formation and a lead blocker (Hewitt).  I really think we should be in a 2 WR, TE, FB, HB set more often.  Getting Hill going on this offense would make it unbelievable.

On a side note, Gio is a better back from the shotgun as he gets up to speed quicker and he has the ability to slide through small openings in the line.  He seems to run better without a lead blocker and he's really stepped it up in blitz pickup.

I think Hill does just as well from a lone setback as an I formation because it's just more about him moving forward and running downhill, whereas, like you said, Gio is quicker, more shifty, and moves better from side to side.
Reply/Quote
Hill runs strongest out of the I formation with Hewitt at fb, with our weapons healthy, we just aren't in that power run formation much anymore, and Hill has struggled outside of it. Gio has always been the better runner out of the single back sets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 07:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're trying to make him run from shotgun, so he's flat-footed when the defense realizes if he has the ball or not, whereas, when Andy's under center and turns and hands the ball to Hill, he's running full-speed downhill and the defense doesn't have time to get in a good position to stop him and, even if they do, he can make one cut and gain five more yards or be gone.

Hill has always been much more effective running out of the shotgun than he has with Andy under center.
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000562216/article/bengals-oc-on-hill-he-still-doesnt-play-like-i-want-yet
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 06:46 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Fact...You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote