Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill-surgery
Hill had surgery on his injured ankle. Team thought he could wait until the end of the season. We knew he was leaving in FA, he obviously decided his future isn't in Cincinnati, so you have to wonder why Marvin was surprised. If surgery was needed, it was in his best interest to get it done now in order to finish rehab before free agency starts.

Who will be the next to shut it down for the season?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Total BS, Jeremy didn't get his way when he wasn't traded at the deadline so he QUIT on the team.

Thanks for nothing including your fumble in the playoff game! :paul:
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: Total BS, Jeremy didn't get his way when he wasn't traded at the deadline so he QUIT on the team.

Thanks for nothing including your fumble in the playoff game! :paul:

So players are purposefully getting anethisesticed (that even a word?) and getting cut open because they are unhappy about being on a team?

God, the intelligence level on here is staggering.

I don't even know why I bother.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
How many times have people said they don't put a lot of faith in the Bengals medical staff? Y'all can't have it both ways. I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the medical staff, but Hill is absolutely within his rights to have surgery now, wherever he ends up next. I chalk it up to the Bengals continuing to reap what they've sown.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: Total BS, Jeremy didn't get his way when he wasn't traded at the deadline so he QUIT on the team.

Thanks for nothing including your fumble in the playoff game!  :paul:

I agree 100%....
but that's not all

Hill was also the gun man on that grassy knoll that day in Dallas.....
Reply/Quote
I think he did the smart thing. I'm sure he knows he's not coming back. Go ahead and have the procedure, get back in shape, and sign a 1 year prove deal next year. Without knowing the full extent of the injury, there's no reason for him not to make sure he's 100% and ready to go for next season.

This is a job for these guys and a business. Plenty of times we see owners dump guys. Nothing wrong with a guy trying to get himself right for free agency. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck to Jeremy on the surgery and rehab. May you find new life on another team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Best of luck to Jeremy on the surgery and rehab.  May you find new life on another team.

... and if we ever play that team in the playoffs, may you have just as sound hands as you did in your last playoff appearance with us.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 07:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So players are purposefully getting anethisesticed (that even a word?) and getting cut open because they are unhappy about being on a team?

correct not needed now, could have waited till the end of the year

instead he inserted his tampon and QUIT on the team
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:08 AM)corpjet Wrote: correct not needed now, could have waited till the end of the year

instead he inserted his tampon and QUIT on the team

Why would he wait till the end of the year?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why would he wait till the end of the year?

Probably for the same kind of reason Martellus Bennett was in need of surgery on his shoulder 6 days ago and was waived. 
Only to not need it and played for NE yesterday. 

He doesn't want to be here. Bengals didn't blink. So he didn't have to wait. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:27 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Probably for the same kind of reason Martellus Bennett was in need of surgery on his shoulder 6 days ago and was waived. 
Only to not need it and played for NE yesterday. 

He doesn't want to be here. Bengals didn't blink. So he didn't have to wait. 

Bengals never blink. Because they're zombies. And they have about = intelligence.

Anyway... I got the impression that corp wanted Hill to wait, in case he could help the Bengals out later this year? 

I say F that. Marv was giving him about 10 snaps a game. If i'm Hill, and i want my ankle to be 100% for my next boss, i'm doing the same thing, while flipping the bird at Marv. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: Hill had surgery on his injured ankle.  Team thought he could wait until the end of the season.  We knew he was leaving in FA, he obviously decided his future isn't in Cincinnati, so you have to wonder why Marvin was surprised.  If surgery was needed, it was in his best interest to get it done now in order to finish rehab before free agency starts.  

Exactly. Given the crap line they put in front of Hill and the other skill players, I don't blame him for looking out for himself. He can be a decent back, behind a decent line.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Whatever.... Mixon is better. We just need to improve on the offensive line. Im not worried about the backs.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 07:02 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So players are purposefully getting anethisesticed (that even a word?) and getting cut open because they are unhappy about being on a team?

Why wait? I wouldn’t? He obtained his injury here and he’s trying to make sure it heals before next season so he can get a shot at continuing his career somewhere else. If he wait till the season is over then he eliminates a year recovering and fades into history with a terrible legacy. It’s not like we are in contention right now and the team is not riding on his talent to compete. I think it’s the first smart thing he’s done here and although I dislike him, I say good luck to him and wish him the best somewhere else.

Reply/Quote
This was a business decision and I don't blame him. He isn't coming back here after this year and he wants to be healthy when FA hits and he has to go an talk to other teams. If he waits until the end of the year he risks not being ready for camp which will hurt his chances of getting a decent deal.
Reply/Quote
Who cares if he quit, I for one am glad I won't be seeing this walking trash can in orange and black again.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:38 PM)pally Wrote: Hill had surgery on his injured ankle.  Team thought he could wait until the end of the season.  We knew he was leaving in FA, he obviously decided his future isn't in Cincinnati, so you have to wonder why Marvin was surprised.  If surgery was needed, it was in his best interest to get it done now in order to finish rehab before free agency starts.  

Maybe if they had been given Hill any short of touches he would have waited.. but whats the point of waiting if your just sitting the bench anyways
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 09:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: This was a business decision and I don't blame him. 

Dang skippy. The Bengals made a "business decision" to put Hill on IR, and Hill made one right back at them. I've been hard on Hill, but he's smarter than I gave him credit for. Good for him.
Reply/Quote
I know he didn't demand a trade, but is it safe to assume we can add Jeremy Hill to the list of players who wanted out of Mike Brown's Bungles?
Reply/Quote