Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Bates III welcome to the team!
ESPN says Bates tackles low and that is why he misses them. I think he can be taught to tackle higher. I like the first 2 picks this year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I had this guy in all my mocks and the only reason why i never had him in the 2nd is cause he is not the best tackler.

But he can definately work on that. He has what you cannot teach, crazy ball skills is always around the ball and is the
best ballhawk in this Draft. This is the exact type of Safety we needed to add, he could be better than Reggie for us.

Love this pick. Like he says, his job is to just give Dalton the ball back. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I had this guy in all my mocks and the only reason why i never had him in the 2nd is cause he is not the best tackler.

But he can definately work on that. He has what you cannot teach, crazy ball skills is always around the ball and is the
best ballhawk in this Draft. This is the exact type of Safety we needed to add, he could be better than Reggie for us.

Love this pick. Like he says, his job is to just give Dalton the ball back. :andy:

Let's just hope that his PDs and INTs outnumber his missed tackles.  If that were to be the case, we'd have a budding superstar on our hands.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's just hope that his PDs and INTs outnumber his missed tackles.  If that were to be the case, we'd have a budding superstar on our hands.

WJ3 and JB3 I’m excited about our secondary going forward.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WJ3 and JB3 I’m excited about our secondary going forward.

Even more so, if the pass rush does it's job and forces some rushed and errant throws.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I had this guy in all my mocks and the only reason why i never had him in the 2nd is cause he is not the best tackler.

And give Piggy nightmares and force in to retirement where he has to molest nurses at an old folks home
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WJ3 and JB3 I’m excited about our secondary going forward.

Agreed.  Dennard is often forgotten in this mix, but he has been excellent when healthy.  
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even more so, if the pass rush does it's job and forces some rushed and errant throws.

Absolutely.  We call this synergy. 
Reply/Quote

The thing about Reggie was, not only was he a ball hawk, he was also the hardest hitting guy on Defense. (per his teammates). He hits like a Louisville Slugger....
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2018, 10:56 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The thing about Reggie was, not only was he a ball hawk, he was also the hardest hitting guy on Defense. (per his teammates). He hits like a Louisville Slugger....

Remember that hit on Owen Daniels? Oof...he’s still feeling that one lol

https://youtu.be/2N8jOWviaLA

Reply/Quote