Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessie Bates Article
https://www.bengals.com/news/bates-driven-to-succeed

I like his background on tracking fly balls in baseball, and I also like how he explains the defense they ran at Wake Forest in relation to his responsibilities. I really like what I am seeing in this kid and I am very excited to see if he can push for the starting FS position.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love his ball skills. exactly the center fielder we need back there. the complete opposite from Williams/illoka. hopefully he can improve on his tackling
Reply/Quote
Hard not to pull for this kid.

Good read thanks.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Actually had Bates and Price in my mock draft, went nuts when they called his name day 2! Good size and was impressive at Wake Forest! Tackling could improve and I think it will.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 12:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually had Bates and Price in my mock draft, went nuts when they called his name day 2! Good size and was impressive at Wake Forest! Tackling could improve and I think it will.

I had Bates in all 3 of my mocks, awesome that we got him, Price and Hubbard who i believe to be a steal.

Bates is like a mixture of Reggie Nelson and Earl Thomas in my eyes, but like you said, needs to work on his tackling a bit.

Thanks for the article SHRacer, great stuff.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 12:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually had Bates and Price in my mock draft, went nuts when they called his name day 2! Good size and was impressive at Wake Forest! Tackling could improve and I think it will.

Great call !
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 02:40 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Great call !

Blind squirrel finds a couple of nuts every once in awhile...lol
Reply/Quote
Seams like a Leon Hall clone Nickle/Safety type.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
We were -9 last season in turnovers. Hope this young man can help turn that around.
Reply/Quote
The new website is horrible. It's like they went back to 1988 software. horrible.
Reply/Quote
I like him. He's a tremendous athlete, dedicated to his craft, yet humble and soft spoken. Kind of puts me in mind of AJ Green's personality.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If you don’t already like him there’s this...

[Image: Jessie_Bates_Quote_Pic.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 08:09 AM)HuDey Wrote: If you don’t already like him there’s this...

Well that moves him up....
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 06:38 PM)yang Wrote: The new website is horrible.  It's like they went back to 1988 software.   horrible.

I think you're in the wrong thread?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
i can already tell this is going to be our rookie upset. every year we have one that lets us down. last year it was john ross, the year before that it was Andrew billings and tyler boyd.

he will be under utilized and average until the year before his rookie contract is up. then we will sign him to a big deal and he will go back to average. typical
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 08:09 AM)HuDey Wrote: If you don’t already like him there’s this...

Absolutely moves him up a few rungs on the ladder in my book. 

Could have even went higher if saying he was most excited about sacking Ben so hard his shoes come off and ball squirts out to Bengals.  

Or embellish it somewhat and say that 

he can not wait to intercept Ben. Then run him over so hard on way to end zone that he leaves cleat prints up his torso and his helmet flies off violently hitting Joey Porter in his bulbous head then ricocheting off his chrome dome only to strike Hines Ward in the stands knocking him out leaving a B shaped scar on his forehead where small amount of blood trickles out like Hines ketchup as PBS goes wild while fans commandeer steeler fans urine colored towels then shred them to pieces to use as confetti.  

Should be noted that the helmet had running english on it (for you pool players) that accelerates its speed coming off first impact (Porters head) before hitting pumpkin headed Hines..

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 01:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Absolutely moves him up a few rungs on the ladder in my book. 

Could have even went higher if saying he was most excited about sacking Ben so hard his shoes come off and ball squirts out to Bengals.  

he can not wait to intercept Ben. Then run him over so hard on way to end zone that he leaves cleat prints up his torso and his helmet flies off violently hitting Joey Porter in his bulbous head then ricocheting off his chrome dome only to strike Hines Ward in the stands knocking him out leaving a B shaped scar on his forehead where small amount of blood trickles out like Hines ketchup as PBS goes wild while fans commandeer steeler fans urine colored towels then shred them to pieces to use as confetti.  

Should be noted that the helmet had running english on it (for you pool players) that accelerates its speed coming off first impact (Porters head) before hitting pumpkin headed Hines..

well he saw how much we paid shawn Williams for intercepting Big Ben....

So yeah id say hes right
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 01:14 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Absolutely moves him up a few rungs on the ladder in my book. 

I like it!!
Reply/Quote

LOL that's a serious pipe dream!  Better check your pipe for opiate traces...
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 11:32 AM)Gohards Wrote: i can already tell this is going to be our rookie upset. every year we have one that lets us down. last year it was john ross, the year before that it was Andrew billings and tyler boyd.

he will be under utilized and average until the year before his rookie contract is up. then we will sign him to a big deal and he will go back to average. typical

Dude,

Enough with the negative vibes!
Reply/Quote