Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessie Bates Article
(06-28-2018, 11:32 AM)Gohards Wrote: i can already tell this is going to be our rookie upset. every year we have one that lets us down. last year it was john ross, the year before that it was Andrew billings and tyler boyd.

Only 2 rookie WRs had more receptions and receiving yards than Boyd in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 12:37 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually had Bates and Price in my mock draft, went nuts when they called his name day 2! Good size and was impressive at Wake Forest! Tackling could improve and I think it will.
Good call.  Did you get the rounds right too?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 08:09 AM)HuDey Wrote: If you don’t already like him there’s this...

[Image: Jessie_Bates_Quote_Pic.png]

[Image: 200w.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 07:21 PM)McC Wrote: Good call.  Did you get the rounds right too?

Actually had Price in 2 and Bates in the 3rd. 
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 11:32 AM)Gohards Wrote: i can already tell this is going to be our rookie upset. every year we have one that lets us down. last year it was john ross, the year before that it was Andrew billings and tyler boyd.

he will be under utilized and average until the year before his rookie contract is up. then we will sign him to a big deal and he will go back to average. typical

I'll go along with Billings.   Boyd's a good player

I don't think he gets under utilized if he plays like he has the potential.   His skill set was targeted this year.  I expect he and Phillips to make the team and play.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 03:37 PM)3wt Wrote: Dude,

Enough with the negative vibes!

So people are allowed to spew blind optimism here about players that have never taken the field but basing your opinions on the last 15 years of consistent let-downs is not allowed?

**** that.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Love how he has always been clutch. He won games on pick 6's and Returns in crunch time lots of times.

If some didn't read the entire article he is a great Returner and went to the same High School as Rod Woodson.

Played against Eifert's High School.
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 07:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So people are allowed to spew blind optimism here about players that have never taken the field but basing your opinions on the last 15 years of consistent let-downs is not allowed?

**** that.

**** your negative energy dude. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 10:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200w.gif]

Yeah baby. Cool
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 03:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: **** your negative energy dude. Mellow

**** blind optimism and comparisons to HoFers. Your blind optimism has gotten you exactly jack shit in the last 27 years.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 03:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: **** blind optimism and comparisons to HoFers. Your blind optimism has gotten you exactly jack shit in the last 27 years.

You alright man?  Don't you have any belief things look better this year?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 03:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: **** blind optimism and comparisons to HoFers. Your blind optimism has gotten you exactly jack shit in the last 27 years.

(07-01-2018, 04:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You alright man?  Don't you have any belief things look better this year?

He'll be ok. He's just suffering from Bengals PTSD. I'm also a service dog. I'll help wake him up from his nightmare (no, I'm not that kinda service Dog Fred! So don't even say it)!  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2018, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/bates-driven-to-succeed

I like his background on tracking fly balls in baseball, and I also like how he explains the defense they ran at Wake Forest in relation to his responsibilities.  I really like what I am seeing in this kid and I am very excited to see if he can push for the starting FS position.

If he played outfield and football, the instincts are a little different. However, the baseball thing is going to be huge for him. As was mentioned in the article, watching the ball come off the bat. In some cases (only in centerfield) you could see the delivering pitch and get an instinct fire, direction, expectation etc. where the ball might be headed. Although I know not everyone will know what I'm talking about, if you played center field, your locked on to what I'm saying. Identifying a curve vs slider or breaking ball is huge in the jump.

This kid has a good head on his shoulders. Don't like the rims and tires on the charger though. However, if that's his worst decision in life? He's a pretty good kid.

I bet Mom get's a new house and never has to worry about the part time job again just to buy Christmas.  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 04:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You alright man?  Don't you have any belief things look better this year?

Oh, i'll be there at training camp and i'll--like everyone else--hope things are better. I'm just not getting all hyped up like i would have any other off season, just to be completely deflated when it comes crashing down, one way or another. I'm enjoying the hell out of my summer and don't even want TC to get here quick. Got a nice pool and TV set up in the back yard and i'm just about finished with stage 1 of the deck, around the pool. Me, the wife and some friends spent the entire weekend out there swimmin, grillin and enjoying life and whatnot.

I'm not even being negative. Just going off what i've seen for a couple decades and chilling in "i'll believe it when i see it" mode. Nate is the one that, incorrectly, dropped the "negative energy dude" on me. 

Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 05:19 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He'll be ok. He's just suffering from Bengals PTSD. I'm also a service dog. I'll help wake him up from his nightmare (no, I'm not that kinda service Dog Fred! So don't even say it)!  ThumbsUp

LoL.   ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote

I know that. Thanks a lot for reminding me.

I am with Harley and i have my own Bengals PTSD myself. Mellow

Just saying without Piano Man and bringing in a guy like Jessie Bates III who was the best ballhawker in all of college
football might just help us get over that jack shit. Sorry for pizzing you off with my optimism.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2018, 03:35 PM)3wt Wrote: LOL that's a serious pipe dream!  Better check your pipe for opiate traces...

Did someone say opiates ?  Got any extras ?

Just joking, have never and will never touch them after witnessing first hand their destructive power on a sibling.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2018, 10:46 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Did someone say opiates ?  Got any extras ?

Just joking, have never and will never touch them after witnessing first hand their destructive power on a sibling.   

Always knew you were a smart fella. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I just like the idea that we FINALLY went after a "center fielder" type safety.
Reply/Quote
I'm just waiting for someone to suggest the Bengals sign Billy Hamilton to a multi year contract as a safety.. He can't hit a baseball,  but he can track baseballs in center field pretty good .  ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote